What could this dream mean?

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Reminds me of:

Mt 13:44 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.

if there's a meaning, it means to seek the kingdom of God with all you have, so you can take hold.

Reactions: markp5
Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I dreamed that I found a silver cross necklace similair to mine in a treasure chest(lol), I took it home and my mom tried to forcefully take it away to sell it. But I wanted to keep it and left.
Both my parents are christian if that helps
The Bible covers some 4000 years of human history.

There are not even a dozen dream in the Bible of any spiritual significance.

What should this suggest to you?

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm
Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I dreamed that I found a silver cross necklace similair to mine in a treasure chest(lol), I took it home and my mom tried to forcefully take it away to sell it. But I wanted to keep it and left.
Both my parents are christian if that helps

Dreams can help us process psychological struggles. They can be very useful that way; especially if you have a particular recurring one. That usually means you are grappling with something in life.

As per Divine revelation though; just because we dream about something that is "religiously flavored" does not mean that dream is from God.

I've had more "religiously flavored" dreams than I can even remember. I've dreamt about heaven, dying, judgement day, wars, (I have quite a few PTSD dreams - but I'm a veteran too.) running into Jesus: in the grocery store, Bible lit class, the street, my old high school, my cousin's wedding, the hospital, He's walking across Lake Ontario, some random Christmas store I can't even identify? Had one dream He was driving a great big white pick up truck and I backed into Him tying to get to work. LOL. Matter of fact, Jesus is probably the one person who shows up most in my dreams. (Him and my son.)

What's the meaning???? Oooohhhh!

Hate to be "unromantic" but - there isn't one.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I have all sorts of crazy dreams at time, some as if I it was really happening to me. The events were very logical to me while in the dream but when I have woken up, they seemed very illogical. Just a couple days ago I woke up and told that Lord, "That was a crazy one! But I am not going to put any spiritual meaning to it at all."

There are no corresponding examples in the New Testament concerning most of the dreams we have and it is very risky to put any sort of spiritual meaning on them if the meaning is not as clear as crystal.

Joseph had an angel visit him in a dream telling him definite things from God. He didn't need to interpret it because the meaning of the dream was very clear. He had another dream warning him, Mary and the infant Jesus to up stakes and high tail it to Egypt that night, and he didn't wait around for some interpretation, because the angel in the dream was quite clear about what Joseph was to do.

Jacob had a dream about the ladder ascending into heaven with the angels going up and down on it and the Lord standing at the top of the ladder telling him clearly that the land he was on was going to be given to him and his descendants. He didn't have to wake up and ask, "What is the interpretation?" It was all made clear to him within the dream, and he woke up and said, "This is the gateway to heaven!"

Trying to interpret obscure dreams is venturing into New Age and divination, and we have to be very careful about them. When the Lord revealed Himself to me through the indwelling Holy Spirit, He became so real to me that if Jesus Himself had stepped out from behind a tree in the park I was in, I would not have been surprised. I asked Him about visions and dreams. He said, "You don't need them, because you have My presence in you and the Bible, and that is all you need to know Me and have continuing fellowship with Me. I will say all I need to say to you through My Word and the Holy Spirit will make it perfectly clear to you without you having to have visions or dreams."

Upvote 0