Near

In Christ we rise
Dec 7, 2012
✟24,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't believe in theistic evolution entirely, but I am quite welcome to accepting it if convincing arguments are made for it. In part, I do believe in theistic evolution to a degree though. God made dogs, and dogs changed over time, and variation grew, etc. but they remained dogs, or canine-like animals.

Other than that, I don't hold any of the controversial views, other than "other".
I don't believe in once saved always saved... is that controversial?
I also think hypnotism works, and people can use telekinesis, and other powers.

• Haha
Reactions: Mccleary
Upvote 0

FrankDux

Dec 12, 2016
USA
✟14,876.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I believe that nobody knows the objective truth of the scriptures except Christ

I believe that nobody can objectively prove God is real except God's representative, Christ

I believe that most people are dead wrong about their views of the things in the Bible

I think that people who claim the Bible has nothing to do with science don't know much about the book's history

Shocking views for some I guess

*shrugs*

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was curious what all controversial beliefs are held here on CF so I decided to make a poll about it. Please do not debate the issues themselves, but if you want to reply with what you voted, please feel free.

I would say I hold a few that you will certainly find in different groups of Christianity but not typically in just one... I believe women can be ordained as ministers and should be. Sexism is not the way of the Cross.

Other than that, I voted other because I do believe firmly that water baptism is necessary for salvation. I think in some instances a person could be saved before they get baptized, but if a person willingly chooses to go on with their life and forgo baptism they may very well end up voiding their beliefs. Faith is action, always has been. Faith is evidenced by works. Baptism is the first work any believer should participate in and in fact in Acts the church had no such altar calls where people prayed a "Sinners Prayer" They would preach and say now come get baptized to show you have repented and receive the Holy Spirit.

I think the church, and in particular the American church movement, got away from preaching baptism for a variety of reasons, but it is a very dangerous thing to ignore.

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,007,133.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I was curious what all controversial beliefs are held here on CF so I decided to make a poll about it. Please do not debate the issues themselves, but if you want to reply with what you voted, please feel free.

I voted.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,525.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I believe the churches are made up of seven congregation, each with its strengths and weaknesses.

Ephesus - Messianic - Beginning with the Apostle to the Circumcision, Peter
Smyrna - Martyr - Beginning with the Apostle to the Un-Circumcision, Paul
Pergamos - Orthodoxy formed in this time... Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholicism formed in this time - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestantism formed in this time- A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Wesleyism formed in this time - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea - Charismatic movement formed in this time - Beginning with DL Moody, the first to make money off of ministry

• Informative
Reactions: Waggles
Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟961,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I am Episcopalian and proud of it. That alone is controversial for many other Christians.

I have no quarrel with women being ordained.

I believe that all faith practices are probably wrong about some detail of their understanding or practice, because we're human and cannot possibly fully know the mind and will of God.

I believe that all Bible translations are flawed by the hands of men, but that most are pretty good anyway and not worth quarreling about.

I believe that straight Christians' obsession with LGBT stuff is merely a distraction that keeps them from focusing on their own stuff they need to fix. If they can label someone a bigger sinner than themselves, then they don't have to worry so much.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Other" could hold quite a lot from ancient to modern.

Was there a reason you left out the growing modern adoptions of the ancient controversies such as the Deity of Christ and His Bodily Resurrection? That seems to be gaining popularity and not only in modern denominations.

• Agree
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Being a young earth creationist is more controversial than being a theistic evolutionist. At least around my parts, even in Baptist churches in my parts most people believe in an old earth and theistic evolution.

I say this with sorrow, being a person who takes Genesis literally.

Would agree with this. I too believe in a young earth and would see take creation days as literal. Sadly, some see this as part of the "scandal" of the evangelical mind.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only one I see is the women becoming pastors and what not. My wifes mother is a pastor. I see no problem with it. Though no one offline really argues about it or seems to disagree. Perhaps they are just being polite.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AmericanChristian91

May 24, 2007
California
✟12,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
But I don't think I am a Universalist.

Sounds like you do belief in a variation of universalism.

Universal reconciliation - Wikipedia

Basically Hell is not a permanent place and all eventually accept Christ and are saved.

For me, I think their is a possibility that are all saved through Jesus, but im not 100% certain so I couldn't identify as apart of Christian Universalism.

Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like you do belief in a variation of universalism.

Universal reconciliation - Wikipedia

Basically Hell is not a permanent place and all eventually accept Christ and are saved.

For me, I think their is a possibility that are all saved through Jesus, but im not 100% certain so I couldn't identify as apart of Christian Universalism.
I just can't imagine an infinitely just and merciful God condemning anyone to infinite suffering for finite acts. I was under the impression Universalism was believing there's validity in all religions. But I'm happy to learn.

Upvote 0
Mar 24, 2017
Houston
Visit site
✟16,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I find that there are too many wolves in sheeps clothing and we make for an excuse to segregate some as losers while make exceptions for others as winners. while orchestrating for such manipulations to be the case. while some of us knowingly wearing the honor of being gods people. could be a reason why things are so bad.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

circuitrider

United Methodist
Site Supporter
Sep 1, 2013
Iowa
✟102,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Women being clergy is only controversial in certain circles. In the UMC it is the norm. About 1/4th of the pastors in my conference are women.

Also for United Methodists, young earth creationism would be more controversial than theistic evolution.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

A friend of mine is a Theoretical Physicist who is working on Multiverse Theory
along with some friends at M. I. T.

Multiverse Theory sure sounds to me like the foundation for Eventual Universal Salvation.

The Philosophical implications of Multiverse Theory?

Upvote 0