What commandments is Jesus talking about?

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
You would argue with the fence post or telephone pole after you hit it for being in your way. If I only quoted the text ans said nothing about it you'd argue I'm wrong.

Was I wrong in interpreting your post to mean you believed yourself to be more like the guy in Romans 7 because that depicted your own struggle with the flesh? Is Roman 7 about a Christian struggle or a Pharisee?

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Was I wrong in interpreting your post to mean you believed yourself to be more like the guy in Romans 7 because that depicted your own struggle with the flesh? Is Roman 7 about a Christian struggle or a Pharisee?
I'm going to leave that up to you, cause it doesn't matter what I say.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I'm going to leave that up to you, cause it doesn't matter what I say.

Look, I thought we were on the same page until you said you didn't believe what I believe

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
What do you think YHWH writes on your heart?

The letter of the law is written on your heart, you must be joking.

Loving someone means your not going to steal from them. What is it you do not understand?

God is love, God is not the letter of the law.

Love is above the letter of law and love satisfies all the law ever called for.

What don't you understand...WHO wrote the law? WHO wrote it on stone and WHO writes it on your heart? I think we are actually saying the same thing, just explain it differently.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
It should be obvious what the text is by my comment. Don't you have a copy, or don't you know exactly what text I speak about actually is. If you don't know why are you even challenging me on it? It's posted by several people in this forum if not on this thread. NTL for you -

Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Maybe you should read it again then...

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
You referenced a similar statement. Like I said only if you delete some of the text can you find it in the OT. Besides that Jesus is quoted as saying "new." That means one of two things Jesus is lying or John is lying. Either way you make the NT Gospel of John an unreliable witness and therefore a fraud. Personally I don't see how anyone can do this and claim to be a Christian without some proof of text fraud. My copy of the Greek text has the word "kainēn" as part of the text.

...so because it says "new" we can discount the entire OT text? It is a New Covenant...written on the heart...Yeshua is the bringer

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What don't you understand...WHO wrote the law? WHO wrote it on stone and WHO writes it on your heart? I think we are actually saying the same thing, just explain it differently.
It wasn't Jesus.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
...so because it says "new" we can discount the entire OT text? It is a New Covenant...written on the heart...Yeshua is the bringer
No, it proves the statement isn't a quote from the OT. The "as I have loved you" phrase is more proof.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.