What commandments is Jesus talking about?

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
This can't be found in the OT -

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

I already posted where it was from in the OT...if you want to ignore it, that is your problem

Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
No JN 13:34 isn't a commandment from the Torah. Read and compare the whole text.

I have. And yes it is. The only difference is that Yeshua was not incarnate yet...

• Winner
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
We disagree that Jesus taught the Torah. I base that largely on JN 1:17.

In that the NT is about the New Covenant, yes we're to ignore the OT or the covenant given solely to Israel in the desert after departure from Egypt.

What does the new covenant say in Jeremiah??

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That God will write His law, His commands on our hearts. God is the one who performs this process not us, love is written into our hearts and love fulfills everything the law ever required.

Jesus did not suffer and die so that we do not covet thy neighbors oxen. Jesus died to generate a new creation, a creation overflowing with faith and love.

The letter of the law kills, your flesh as been crucified with Christ, you are baptized into death. You are already dead in your sin but Christ is the one who resurrects you in the Spirit.

We walk by the Spirit and not by the flesh, we are a new creation in Christ. Fully reconciled in Jesus, free from that law of sin and death.

Seated with Christ in the heavenly realms. We are not striving to be holy people, we are all holy people in Jesus Christ. Our holiness, our righteousness is given to us a free gift in Jesus Christ.

Either accept the free gift in Jesus Christ and live the life of liberty in the joy of the Holy Spirit. Or exert your own holiness and claim that you are a Christian. The choice is yours.

• Winner
Reactions: ace of hearts
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
That God will write His law, His commands on our hearts. God is the one who performs this process not us, love is written into our hearts and love fulfills everything the law ever required.

Jesus did not suffer and die so that we do not covet thy neighbors oxen. Jesus died to generate a new creation, a creation overflowing with faith and love.

The letter of the law kills, your flesh as been crucified with Christ, you are baptized into death. You are already dead in your sin but Christ is the one who resurrects you in the Spirit.

We walk by the Spirit and not by the flesh, we are a new creation in Christ. Fully reconciled in Jesus, free from that law of sin and death.

Seated with Christ in the heavenly realms. We are not striving to be holy people, we are all holy people in Jesus Christ. Our holiness, our righteousness is given to us a free gift in Jesus Christ.

Either accept the free gift in Jesus Christ and live the life of liberty in the joy of the Holy Spirit. Or exert your own holiness and claim that you are a Christian. The choice is yours.

He also wrote them on stone, now He writes them on our heart. Love does fulfill, but it is not love if you steal your neighbors ox, is it? You are confused, it is not my holiness, but grace is not a license to sin...

• Winner
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
He also wrote them on stone, now He writes them on our heart. Love does fulfill, but it is not love if you steal your neighbors ox, is it? You are confused, it is not my holiness, but grace is not a license to sin...
What do you think YHWH writes on your heart?

The letter of the law is written on your heart, you must be joking.

Loving someone means your not going to steal from them. What is it you do not understand?

God is love, God is not the letter of the law.

Love is above the letter of law and love satisfies all the law ever called for.

You have already been condemned by sin and your flesh is dead in Christ. That is why Jesus came to save us from our sin, to save us from ourselves.

You have been crucified with Christ and that is past tense.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Who said anything about a license to sin?

Your a sinner and no matter how much you stare at the law, you will never change. Staring at the law and trying to stop committing sin, is not what Christianity represents.

A new creation in Christ; being filled with the fruit of the Holy Spirit is what Christianity was always about.

Will the barren tree bear fruit or not?

• Agree
Reactions: ace of hearts
Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Ah so! Were you coerced to this confession? Indeed the above isn't found in the OT.

Oh, wow, are you saying you like a post of mine!

I need you to click the like button bro.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I can't agree with you at all when I observe and pay attention to my body function in all respects. Mostly the war for me over my soul and sin comes from the enemy of my soul that hates God places in my mind. The enemy takes several things into consideration when trying to temp me to do evil. The more I withdraw from general public the more problem I have with the general public and the enemy of my soul. I hate having to go to town. I love my more private situation in the country. Maybe some day I can even dispose of my transportation needs and not ever have to go to town.

Do you hear yourself? I look at the Word of God and make sure my life is consistent with that Word. You try and look at your experience and change the Word to fit you. You've got the cart before the horse. The Word is truth. If your flesh is out of control, then to have more of the Spirit given to you, you must repent. Acts 2:38

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I already posted where it was from in the OT...if you want to ignore it, that is your problem
You referenced a similar statement. Like I said only if you delete some of the text can you find it in the OT. Besides that Jesus is quoted as saying "new." That means one of two things Jesus is lying or John is lying. Either way you make the NT Gospel of John an unreliable witness and therefore a fraud. Personally I don't see how anyone can do this and claim to be a Christian without some proof of text fraud. My copy of the Greek text has the word "kainēn" as part of the text.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It should be obvious what the text is by my comment. Don't you have a copy, or don't you know exactly what text I speak about actually is. If you don't know why are you even challenging me on it? It's posted by several people in this forum if not on this thread. NTL for you -

Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not according to Jeremiah.

But what sin(s) are you talking about? I don't think it's any of the moral sins forbidden in the famous 10, unless of course you have evidence anyone here is doing or teaching other to do them.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What do you think YHWH writes on your heart?

The letter of the law is written on your heart, you must be joking.

Loving someone means your not going to steal from them. What is it you do not understand?

God is love, God is not the letter of the law.

Love is above the letter of law and love satisfies all the law ever called for.

You have already been condemned by sin and your flesh is dead in Christ. That is why Jesus came to save us from our sin, to save us from ourselves.

You have been crucified with Christ and that is past tense.
Well the Christian has.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh, wow, are you saying you like a post of mine!

I need you to click the like button bro.
Indeed I am! Read your quote. It and nothing close to it is from the OT.

I can understand your needing me to click the like button for your post. Indeed you think I'm ..... it's difficult to find the exact proper word here.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do you hear yourself? I look at the Word of God and make sure my life is consistent with that Word. You try and look at your experience and change the Word to fit you. You've got the cart before the horse. The Word is truth. If your flesh is out of control, then to have more of the Spirit given to you, you must repent. Acts 2:38
You would argue with the fence post or telephone pole after you hit it for being in your way. If I only quoted the text and said nothing about it you'd argue I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Upvote 0