Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I liked Paul, the Apostle. I thought it was a bit dark and plodding but overall worthwhile.

Although it's not a Christian movie per say, I enjoyed "I Confess (1953)" which was an Alfred Hitchcock movie starring Montgomery Clift. It had Christianity as part of the setting and a source of tension for the plot.

I went with a group to see Last Ounce of Courage (2012), it was the type of movie that gives Christian movies their poor reputation (imho).

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is a Christian movie. Have you seen it? It teaches the love of dogs. Jesus loves dogs.

While Jesus and or God loves animals, this truth is not a central teaching of the gospel, or the teachings of Jesus Christ. It's not definitively Christian. For there can be a movie about loving your neighbor, but if there is no mention of Jesus or the Bible, etc. then it is not really a Christian movie but it is merely a moral one. Many movies can be moral, but if they do not mention Christ, or the Bible, or God in some way, they are not really a Christian film.

Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
While Jesus and or God loves animals, this truth is not a central teaching of the gospel, or the teachings of Jesus Christ. It's not definitively Christian. For there can be a movie about loving your neighbor, but if there is no mention of Jesus or the Bible, etc. then it is not really a Christian movie but it is merely a moral one. Many movies can be moral, but if they do not mention Christ, or the Bible, or God in some way, they are not really a Christian film.

Your opinion.

Have you seen the movie I suggested?

Does a movie have to "mention" Christ, God or the Bible? Is it not enough that love is demonstrably shown. God is love.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your opinion.

Have you seen the movie I suggested?

Does a movie have to "mention" Christ, God or the Bible? Is it not enough that love is demonstrably shown. God is love.

But you implied before, it was not a Christian film, and now you are saying that it is.

For I said,

"I would not have expected this kind of film to be a Christian film or Christ focused. What part of the story do you think makes it a Christian film?"​

You said in reply, I quote:

"Perhaps you missed the premise: it's about the world's biggest dog."​

So it's about the world's biggest dog and it's not about Christ, His teachings, the Bible, or Christians in any way. Hence, it is not a Christian film.

In any event, please take no offense, but I created the thread and it is only respectful that you agree with what the OP thread topic is about. Did you ever create a thread and somebody went off topic beyond your OP (Original post)?

Besides, the movie you listed is clearly not a Christian film. Just ask other people, and they will tell you. The film makers are not in any way Christian who are out to promote a Christian message or theme. Christians are defined in the fact that they are followers of Christ. If there is no Christ mentioned or the Bible mentioned, or God, then it is just another secular movie among many others that does not make you think about God, Christ, or the Bible, but it is only a film that seeks to move you emotionally (without any mention of God).

Other religions can also employ morals, as well. That does not mean they are distinctively Christian. Star Trek employs morals, but they also promote atheism and evolutionism, too. So just because the movie you are promoting has morals within it, does not make it distinctively Christian.

I shouldn't have to put a note in the OP explaining this. It should be obvious.
But if I have to, I will do so.
So please be kind and respectful to the thread topic.

Thank you.

May God bless you.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
All of the Narnias! (not by BBC)

While the Narnia films attempt to allude to Christ, with the lion resurrecting, etc. the films employ or endorse magic or sorcery. Sorcery is a major sin that is condemned in the Bible. In the OT, a sorcerer or someone who worked magic was killed. So I do not think these are Christian films (Although many Christians oddly think that they are).

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sorry for being so harsh folks, but I am really looking for Christian films that directly promotes Jesus, His Word, and His teachings. If the film does not directly talk about God, Christ, the Bible, or Christ's teachings, I do not see it as a true Christian film. I would like to ask folks to only post movies that are clearly or purely Christian (without any doubt).

Thank you for your cooperation, my friends.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you all.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Aslan created a world where there was sorcery. In this world, there is not.

That would be like saying.... Aslan created a world where lying and cheating on your wife is acceptable, but in this world it is not acceptable. Just place any other sin in the blank for the sin of "witchcraft" and you get the idea of how it is not correct. For why would should Christians watch movies that promote a certain sin as being okay that the Bible condemns? The short answer is that they shouldn't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

usexpat97

kewlness
Aug 1, 2012
Ecuador
✟76,839.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry for being so harsh folks, but I am really looking for Christian films that directly promotes Jesus, His Word, and His teachings. If the film does not directly talk about God, Christ, the Bible, or Christ's teachings, I do not see it as a true Christian film. I would like to ask folks to only post movies that are clearly or purely Christian (without any doubt).

You asked for our opinions. C.S. Lewis--a Christian--wrote the Chronicles of Narnia--an allegory of our Christian walk, start to finish. Aslan is Jesus. Thus Narnia is Christian, as far as I'm concerned. If you don't want people to post opinions different from yours, don't ask the question.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You asked for our opinions. C.S. Lewis--a Christian--wrote the Chronicles of Narnia--an allegory of our Christian walk, start to finish. Aslan is Jesus. Thus Narnia is Christian, as far as I'm concerned. If you don't want people to post opinions different from yours, don't ask the question.

Just because somebody claims to be Christian, does not mean that they are teaching from the bible correctly. What is the difference between the sin of witchcraft being okay vs. say the sin of lying, murder, or adultery? Are they not all grievous sins that God condemns? Why should we watch a movie that promotes these kinds of sins as being okay in some fantasy setting? Does the reality of the sin being pushed go away just because some guy declares that it is fantasy? No. A man cannot change the reality we live in. The sin of witchcraft is still real no matter if some author (self proclaimed Christian or not) endorses that sin as being okay because it is in a fantasy setting.

Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
But you implied before, it was not a Christian film,

No I didn't.

Jason0047 said:
and now you are saying that it is.

For I said,

"I would not have expected this kind of film to be a Christian film or Christ focused. What part of the story do you think makes it a Christian film?"​

You said in reply, I quote:

"Perhaps you missed the premise: it's about the world's biggest dog."​

So it's about the world's biggest dog and it's not about Christ, His teachings, the Bible, or Christians in any way. Hence, it is not a Christian film.

It's about love. The love of the world's biggest dog. Jesus loves dogs - are you suggesting otherwise? God is love.

Jason0047 said:
In any event, please take no offense, but I created the thread and it is only respectful that you agree with what the OP thread topic is about.

Agreed, which is why I posted that which I did.

Jason0047 said:
Besides, the movie you listed is clearly not a Christian film.

So you say. I disagree.

Jason0047 said:
The film makers are not in any way Christian who are out to promote a Christian message or theme.

Really. How do you know? They promote love in the film. Is love not a Christian message.

Jason0047 said:
If there is no Christ mentioned or the Bible mentioned, or God, then it is just another secular movie among many others that does not make you think about God, Christ, or the Bible, but it is only a film that seeks to move you emotionally (without any mention of God).

So you say. I can think of God when I watch the film. The message of love can be found quite clearly. I believe God wants us to know about love.[/Quote]

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I re-edited my original post to clarify the intended purpose of this thread.

Please Read This Before Posting:

Please do not mention movies such as
Chronicles of Narnia or Lord of the Rings
(that promote the sin of witchcraft).
Also, please do not mention movies
that makes no mention Christ, God, the Bible,
or Christ's teachings. I am looking for
clearly Christian movies only that
leads people to want to follow
Jesus, God, and His Word.
Thank you for understanding;
And may God bless you.​

Please be kind and respectful and abide by the intended topic I have put forth as the definition of what a Christian film is. If you disagree, start another thread. I am not here to ultimately debate what makes a Christian film, but I do expect others to be kind, and respectful by abiding by the OP.

Thank you all; And may God bless you today.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BoxOfficeRevolutionary

Christian Entertainment Reviewer
Apr 19, 2019
Virginia
Visit site
✟15,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Amazing Grace
I Can Only Imagine
Unconditional
Woodlawn
Nativity Story
Priceless
Voyage of the Dawn Treader
October Baby
Unbroken: Path to Redemption
The Case for Christ
The Christmas Candle
The Passion of the Christ
Paul, Apostle of Christ
The Ultimate Gift

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Amazing Grace
I Can Only Imagine
Unconditional
Woodlawn
Nativity Story
Priceless
Voyage of the Dawn Treader
October Baby
Unbroken: Path to Redemption
The Case for Christ
The Christmas Candle
The Passion of the Christ
Paul, Apostle of Christ
The Ultimate Gift

Unbroken: Path to Redemption, and the Case for Christ are my favorites on your list (Although I would not put them on my "Most Rewatchable Christian Movies List."). "I Can Only Imagine" was alright. The "Apostle Paul" movie was exceptionally bad in my opinion. But that is just my tastes. I am really picky. In fact, the movie inspires me to want to write my own movie script of Paul's life. Anyways, did you see any of the movies on my list? See post #2, post #3, and post #4.

Side Note:

As for Voyage of the Dawn Treader:

Please take no offense, but I do reference in the OP (the original post) a note that says: "Read this before posting" that the mention of the Lord of the Rings movies and Narnia films should not be mentioned here in this thread because they are not overtly Christian and they promote the sin of witchcraft (Which is condemned heavily in the Old Testament). In fact, only movies that directly mention Jesus, God, the Bible, etc. should be mentioned here; Also, no obvious sins (that the Bible condemns) should be promoted within any movie here, either (Whether it is regarded as being a Christian film or not).

In any event, thank you for sharing your "Most Rewatchable Christian" films.

May God bless you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0