Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Good thread Jason!

Thank you.

You said:
I've seen Time Changer a few times. Yeah a great film.

If you enjoyed Time Changer, I think you would enjoy the other films on my list that you have not seen.

You said:
Some of the newer films with Kevin Sobo in them I've liked. His real life testimony if pretty inspiring as well.

My only favorite with him (so far) is "What if."
His other Christian works I have seen were okay.

You said:
I sometimes imagine what good material a Noah film could be....not the one Russel Crowe was in although he would have been a great Noah if the film was done right. That absolutely boggled my mind that the Noah film they did with him what a power film it could have been with the right producers and directors not going off into craziness.

Yeah, Noah was pretty bad. I felt this way about the new Apostle Paul movie with Jim Caviezel. I wanted to see a good Apostle Paul movie, and the recent film that was a big hit was the exact opposite of what I had in mind. The film was all about, "Oh poor me... we are dying." Yet, Paul said to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

In fact, the apostle Paul's life was about the gospel. The gospel means good news. But that film was all about making it seem like it was bad news. While it would be cool to see the animals going onboard the Ark in a really epic way, I think I would prefer to see an Apostle Paul movie redone instead.

You said:
Ellen Gunderson Traylor wrote a great novel years ago, entitled "Noah" and I believe Spielberg approached her about it and had some interest. If you give her novel a read i think you might agree what potential the film would have had.

It is hard for me to read novels like I used to. I prefer comics nowadays.

I just got 3 out of the 4 Word for Word comic book Bibles in the mail today (Book of Joshua, Book of Judges, and the Gospel of Mark) by Simon Amadeus Pillario. I also recently picked up the Samson the Nazirite comics (By Rooted Chronicles), as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Visual Bible: The Gospel According to Matthew (1993)
Visual Bible: The Gospel According to John (2003)
Luther (2003)
The Apostle (1997)

I thought The Case for Christ based on the Lee Strobel apologetics book was surprisingly well done, although somewhat flawed, overall above average.

One of the Christian movies I've watched with my wife which kind of surprised me was Amish Grace (2010) a powerful story about forgiveness.

Sorry this list is short, but so many Christian films fall short of being memorable to me for any number of reasons.

Reminds me, I forgot to mention a few of the better "Bible Collection" movie/series from the 90's like:

Abraham (1993)
Joseph (1995)
and David (1997) are the top three, although Moses (1995) is well done and preferable over the 1957 Charlton Heston version of "The Ten Commandments" in my opinion. Leonard Nimoy (Spoc) of Star Trek fame actually stars in David.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Visual Bible: The Gospel According to Matthew (1993)
Visual Bible: The Gospel According to John (2003)
Luther (2003)
The Apostle (1997)

I thought The Case for Christ based on the Lee Strobel apologetics book was surprisingly well done, although somewhat flawed, overall above average.

One of the Christian movies I've watched with my wife which kind of surprised me was Amish Grace (2010) a powerful story about forgiveness.

Sorry this list is short, but so many Christian films fall short of being memorable to me for any number of reasons.

Reminds me, I forgot to mention a few of the better "Bible Collection" movie/series from the 90's like:

Abraham (1993)
Joseph (1995)
and David (1997) are the top three, although Moses (1995) is well done and preferable over the 1957 Charlton Heston version of "The Ten Commandments" in my opinion. Leonard Nimoy (Spoc) of Star Trek fame actually stars in David.

Did you see any of the Christian movies on my list in post #1? You can check out the promotional artwork, the trailers, and where to rent in posts #2, #3, and #4. These are the kind of Christian films I own my DVD collection and I thought they were really well done. I could rewatch any of these films on my list at any time. Great films with them each having great messages from the Bible.

Upvote 0

ProGoddess

Daughter of My Lord
Jan 15, 2017
Heaven
✟28,753.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When I was a kid, my parents used to bring me to the cinema to watch "The Ten Commandments" every yearly during Good Friday. It had been somewhat a tradition for my family and I always looked forward to it every year. And now, I really missed those times.

The other movie is "The Passion of Christ" which I watched a few times and I will still watch it repeatedly.

What do you think of the movie?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When I was a kid, my parents used to bring me to the cinema to watch "The Ten Commandments" every yearly during Good Friday. It had been somewhat a tradition for my family and I always looked forward to it every year. And now, I really missed those times.

The other movie is "The Passion of Christ" which I watched a few times and I will still watch it repeatedly.

What do you think of the movie?

I prefer the Prince of Egypt animated film when it comes to the story of Moses.
As for a Jesus film: Well, there is no Jesus film that is perfect in my opinion. In order to do that, they would need to create a movie where they do not show Jesus's face. That said, I think Risen is my favorite Jesus focused film. I also like the Life of Jesus: Gospel of John film, and certain scenes in the Son of God film (like the last supper, the crucifixion scene, and the ending scene with John).

Upvote 0

ProGoddess

Daughter of My Lord
Jan 15, 2017
Heaven
✟28,753.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I prefer the Prince of Egypt animated film when it comes to the story of Moses.
As for a Jesus film: Well, there is no Jesus film that is perfect in my opinion. In order to do that, they would need to create a movie where they do not show Jesus's face. That said, I think Risen is my favorite Jesus focused film. I also like the Life of Jesus: Gospel of John film, and certain scenes in the Son of God film (like the last supper, the crucifixion scene, and the ending scene with John).

I like this one too - Prince of Egypt, the animated movie. It has been very well received by its audiences. I have watched it twice. lol

I always feel that it means a lot more meaning when we are watching the movie with someone, particular someone who is very close to us and it has sentimental value in it. That loved one can be anyone like our grandparents, parents, siblings, spouses, children or a significant other.

I wish there are more nice christian movies. So far, Passion of Christ has been one which makes me cry the most and after watching the movie, it always makes me love Jesus even more.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I like this one too - Prince of Egypt, the animated movie. It has been very well received by its audiences. I have watched it twice. lol

I always feel that it means a lot more meaning when we are watching the movie with someone, particular someone who is very close to us and it has sentimental value in it. That loved one can be anyone like our grandparents, parents, siblings, spouses, children or a significant other.

I wish there are more nice christian movies. So far, Passion of Christ has been one which makes me cry the most and after watching the movie, it always makes me love Jesus even more.

My top Christian favorites are Time Changer, What if, and the Redemption of Henry Myers. Did you see these films?

They are really excellent - IMO.

You can check out the trailers, and where to rent online in the beginning of this thread if you have not seen them.

Upvote 0

ProGoddess

Daughter of My Lord
Jan 15, 2017
Heaven
✟28,753.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My top Christian favorites are Time Changer, What if, and the Redemption of Henry Myers. Did you see these films?

They are really excellent - IMO.

You can check out the trailers, and where to rent online in the beginning of this thread if you have not seen them.

Thank you Jason for the recommendation.

I watched the trailers and particularly touched by the music - Be Thou My Vision - which complimented so well to the movie, or at least the trailer itself. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you Jason for the recommendation.

I watched the trailers and particularly touched by the music - Be Thou My Vision - which complimented so well to the movie, or at least the trailer itself. :)

I am glad you liked the trailer. Hope you get a chance to check out these amazing films.

May God bless you.

Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
What Christian Movies Do You Find To Be The Most Rewatchable?

Here is my list:

1. Time Changer.
2. What if.
3. The Redemption of Henry Myers.
4. Heaven's War.
5. The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry.
6. 77 Chances.
7. Champion.
8. The Star.
9. The Prince of Egypt.
10. The Resurrection of Gavin Stone.
11. Ben-Hur (Remake).
12. Risen.
13. Finding Normal.
14. (Movie Coming Soon).

Side Note:

To see poster artwork, promotional videos or trailers, and where to rent these films, check out my subsequent posts.
MV5BYjY4NTE4MTAtYWM2Ny00NDJkLTg3YmUtY2UzOTY0MWM4MjMxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc5MjA3OA@@._V1_.jpg

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sure! I will.

Thank you.

God bless! :)

The Redemption of Henry Myers has one of the best performances I have seen in a Christian film. The film is a bit of a romance story, too. I am not even a big fan of westerns and both my wife and I loved this film. In fact, we watched it twice together we liked it so much; And I have watched it several times more.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sure! I will.

Thank you.

God bless! :)

Time Changer is time travel story, but is is also a comedy that has great messages and themes for us to follow Christ. It is my all time favorite Christian film.

What if is a science fiction comedy slash romance film that also inspires one to follow the Lord. I also really enjoyed this one a lot.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I would not have expected this kind of film to be a Christian film or Christ focused. What part of the story do you think makes it a Christian film?

Perhaps you missed the premise: it's about the world's biggest dog.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps you missed the premise: it's about the world's biggest dog.

So it's not a Christian film. This thread is about Christian movies that you find to be the most rewatchable and not secular ones.

In any event, may God's blessings be upon you today.

Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
So it's not a Christian film. This thread is about Christian movies that you find to be the most rewatchable and not secular ones.

In any event, may God's blessings be upon you today.

It is a Christian movie. Have you seen it? It teaches the love of dogs. Jesus loves dogs.

Upvote 0