• A result of the fall.

• Demons cause sickness.

• The Law causes sickness.

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Terri,

I like your signature...

"Jesus is enough!!!!!!! "

I wonder if everyone really believes this. I sometimes think that even though people say Jesus is enough, when it comes down to the works that accompany such faith, it would seem not.

My point is,  if we believe that Jesus is enough... that He accomplished everything that was needed for our redemption, our justification, and our santification, then we will not try to add to His work by other methods. If He is the author and finisher of our faith, then we do not need sickness, poverty, sorrow or shame to add to it. When we say our sickness or pain is somehow adding to the work that God accomplished through Jesus on the cross, we are implying that Jesus failed, and that we have to take up the slack that Jesus left.

Please understand I am not judging or accusing or in any way slighting your faithfulness. I am just pointing out that Jesus already did for you what you are claiming you are doing for yourself.

One of the greatest hinderances to healing is the idea that God has to add to what Jesus did by causing us to suffer also. This is contray to the entire concept of who God is, His nature, and the revelation of who Jesus is and what He came for. God does not perfect us by suffering.

This is a lie we must refute as a matter of faithfulness to Him and faithfulness to the gospel.

Jesus indeed is enough!!!

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Today at 04:01 AM Auntie said this in Post #60

Antibiotics have saved many lives. Including the lives of lepers. There was a day when people thought leprosy was a curse, but now it can be completely cured with antibiotics. Leprosy is caused by bacteria.

But Auntie, when did bacteria become a problem to a body?  I don't believe Adam and Eve, their family membors or any living thing had a problem with bacteria before the fall. 

If a person was truely under a "curse", then no amount of medicine in the world would help that person. Medicine doe not temp cure "curses".

By curse, we mean something that is passed down from one generation to another.  Not the local witch putting a spell on you. 

Medicine generally does not "cure" anything, it just keeps it under control.  Such as the high blood pressure medicine my doctor has me on.  It is not curing me it is merely blocking it from getting too high.  High blood pressure is something that runs on both sides of my family. 

According to my doctor, there are steps I can take naturally to take care of the problem.  But I have to be willing to do what she says.  If I'm not, then the medicine is only a blocker and over time would need to be increased and the problem of high blood preasure would still be there.  

Because of what Jesus did for me at the cross I believe I am no longer under the curse that my family history carries.  The enemy is lying to me and my body is temporarily manifesting the lie.  I trust that the manifestation of healing will show up any moment now.  :)

I believe that God, in His mercy has given man more and more knowledge of ways to help people who need it.  Science all by itself has not figured this stuff out.

Science can only keep the problem under control but God completely wipes it out.

Hereditary diseases are caused by mutations in our genes. It's totally genetic. Like eye color or hair color. God is not in the "cursing business", God is in the healing business. I don't believe there is any such thing as a curse. God heals some things, and not other things. It's His choice, His decision. God has healed me of many things, and yet I have scoliosis since I was a child. Why doesn't God heal me of scoliosis? I don't know, but I don't question His decision. I trust Him with it. Disease is terrible, especially in children. Visit a Pediatric Hospital, it will break your heart. And not one of those children's diseases are caused by sins in their lives, or a curse. Disease is a part of life, even as death is a part of life. We can't escape death, and we can't escape disease. We should always pray for healing, but it is God's decision. Surrender everything to Him.

I don't care what science says about diseases, but diseases were not there before the fall.  So I conclude that they are curses, due to the fall, of which Christ died to free us from, therefore, we no longer have to "live" with it.

God does not curse us.  We've already established that. 

When we are in Christ, we are redeemed from the curse.  However, if we choose to sow as if we are still under it then we will reap the affects of it even though it's not really there.

Satan is a lier.  He comes to kill, steal, and destroy.  If we believe his lies then we are killed, stolen from, and destroyed.  In every area of our lives. 

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Today at 01:52 PM Auntie said this in Post #64

Everyone in this thread will one day die of disease, or an accident. But the overwhelming majority of people die of disease in their body. You can't escape it. To assert that this is a curse, is to assert that we are forever cursed, even unto death.

Not me, I do not receive that..

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Today at 12:09 PM SnuP said this in Post #63

either there is a curse or ther isn't. Either your actions outside of Christ can place you under a curse or they can't.

Either Deut. 28 is true or it is a lie. You decide.

I think Paul was telling Christians that if God did not spare Israel form cutting them off when they sinned , He would not spare others Ro 11. So if we continued to obey God then God will continue to bless anyone. So when the righteous turn from richteousness and commit sin, thay are cursed again by God. Dt 11:1-68, Ex 32:32-33, Lev 26. Does not really tie in here but in 1Peter 4:17-18 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? 18, And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?.

Upvote 0

Terri

Senior Veteran
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
✟20,061.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Today at 04:57 AM didaskalos said this in Post #61

Terri,

I like your signature...

"Jesus is enough!!!!!!!"

I wonder if everyone really believes this. I sometimes think that even though people say Jesus is enough, when it comes down to the works that accompany such faith, it would seem not.

My point is,  if we believe that Jesus is enough... that He accomplished everything that was needed for our redemption, our justification, and our santification, then we will not try to add to His work by other methods. If He is the author and finisher of our faith, then we do not need sickness, poverty, sorrow or shame to add to it. When we say our sickness or pain is somehow adding to the work that God accomplished through Jesus on the cross, we are implying that Jesus failed, and that we have to take up the slack that Jesus left.

Please understand I am not judging or accusing or in any way slighting your faithfulness. I am just pointing out that Jesus already did for you what you are claiming you are doing for yourself.

One of the greatest hinderances to healing is the idea that God has to add to what Jesus did by causing us to suffer also. This is contray to the entire concept of who God is, His nature, and the revelation of who Jesus is and what He came for. God does not perfect us by suffering.

This is a lie we must refute as a matter of faithfulness to Him and faithfulness to the gospel. 

Jesus indeed is enough!!!

Having my faith refined in the fire is NOT adding to what Jesus did on the cross. :)

But, thank you for your concern for me.  ;)

1PE 1:3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade--kept in heaven for you, 5 who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. 6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. 7 These have come so that your faith--of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire--may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. 8 Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, 9 for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Today at 04:29 PM Auntie said this in Post #67

You don't receive what?? That we die??:confused:

What scripture says that the only reason people die is due to disease or accident?

What about OLD AGE?  That's not a disease or an accident.  I've know plenty of people who, is was just their time to go.  They were not sick, and they were not in an accident.  They just plainly, checked out . . .from this world into the next.  Other than the rapture or a firey charriot or just not being there anymore (like Enoch), I can't think of a better way to go . . .can you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Today at 02:29 PM Auntie said this in Post #67

You don't receive what?? That we die??:confused:

:) No I know we all die. I have known alot of people that loved the lord that just went to sleep and went home. I ment no disease for me.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Today at 02:53 PM Terri said this in Post #69

:wave:  Blade

Does this mean you are expecting the rapture? :)

Or, do you just expect to not die.

:wave: Terri

Ok I receive that :D :clap:. Expect, hope and pray.  Or just to die peacefully.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Today at 05:10 PM Blade said this in Post #72 

Ok I receive that :D :clap:. Expect, hope and pray.  Or just to die peacefully.

[pong] :clap: [/pong]

[updown] YES AND AMEN [/updown]   [pong]:D[/pong]

[pong] YES AND AMEN [/pong]    [pong]:p[/pong]

[pong] YES AND AMEN [/pong]    

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Today at 04:04 PM Quaffer said this in Post #70 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=682222#post682222)

What scripture says that the only reason people die is due to disease or accident?

I didn't say "the reason" we die is because of disease. The obvious reason we die is so we can go to be in Heaven with Jesus. God can use disease to take us to go be with Him.

What about OLD AGE?  That's not a disease or an accident.  I've know plenty of people who, is was just their time to go.  They were not sick, and they were not in an accident.  They just plainly, checked out . . .from this world into the next.  Other than the rapture or a firey charriot or just not being there anymore (like Enoch), I can't think of a better way to go . . .can you?

Exactly, old age is not a disease, no one dies of "old age". Interesting, last night I watched the movie "Driving Miss Daisy". Adella was in the kitchen watching TV and shelling peas. The pan in her lap dropped to the floor, peas falling all over the floor. Adella was dead. In the blink of an eye, she was gone. God was merciful to Adella, she was blessed to die so easy. But she DID die of SOMETHING. Heart failure maybe, or possibly a stroke. The point is God took her when and how He wanted to. (I know, it was just a movie).

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Terri

Senior Veteran
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
✟20,061.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Today at 04:21 PM Quaffer said this in Post #73

[pong] :clap: [/pong]

[updown] YES AND AMEN [/updown]  

[pong] YES AND AMEN [/pong] 

[pong] YES AND AMEN [/pong]  

[pong] :wave: [/pong]           

[pong] YES AND AMEN  [/pong]

[pong] :pink: [/pong] 

I love it Quaffer, what a work of art!! :D

Glad to know I'm not the only one here expecting, hoping, and praying!!  :)

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Today at 05:29 PM Auntie said this in Post #74

I didn't say "the reason" we die is because of disease. The obvious reason we die is so we can go to be in Heaven with Jesus. God can use disease to take us to go be with Him.

Exactly, old age is not a disease, no one dies of "old age". Interesting, last night I watched the movie "Driving Miss Daisy". Adella was in the kitchen watching TV and shelling peas. The pan in her lap dropped to the floor, peas falling all over the floor. Adella was dead. In the blink of an eye, she was gone. God was merciful to Adella, she was blessed to die so easy. But she DID die of SOMETHING. Heart failure maybe, or possibly a stroke. The point is God took her when and how He wanted to. (I know, it was just a movie).

I dissagree.  People do die of old age.  Like I said, I've heard of many people dying of old age. 

Maybe. . .possibly . . .? I'll ask the question again.  Where does it say in scripture that people die only of disease or accidents.

You've said that God does not curse people but then also say that God chooses to take people home via sickness.  :scratch: Does not make sense to me. 

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Today at 04:41 PM Quaffer said this in Post #77 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=682295#post682295)

I dissagree.  People do die of old age.  Like I said, I've heard of many people dying of old age. 

People die when they are old because their bodily systems are worn out. Years of stress on the body eventually takes it's toll on all of us. But God has the last word, it is HE who decides how and when we will die.

Maybe. . .possibly . . .? I'll ask the question again.  Where does it say in scripture that people die only of disease or accidents.

People die of lots of things, Quaffer, do you need scripture to tell you this?

You've said that God does not curse people but then also say that God chooses to take people home via sickness.  :scratch: Does not make sense to me. 

It is not a curse to take sick and die. God is sovereign, He can call us home to Heaven in whatever way He chooses. We die when and how He chooses. It is a very Holy moment. It is not for us to decide, but God.

Upvote 0

sklippstein

Nov 2, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,351.00
Faith
Catholic
It is not a curse to take sick and die. God is sovereign, He can call us home to Heaven in whatever way He chooses. We die when and how He chooses. It is a very Holy moment. It is not for us to decide, but God.

I agree!  Why do some still think that sickness is caused by sin? :scratch:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.