THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Today at 09:24 AM Quaffer said this in Post #99 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=687032#post687032)

Auntie, instead of concluding that the error is on the part of the seed, you conclude that God does not follow through with His promises?

Where did I conclude that God is not faithful?? Above ALL, God is faithful!! We keep misreading each other, Quaffer.:)

I said this: "Jesus tells us to feed the hungry. As Christians in general, I don't think we do such a good job of this, although most of us try to."

My statement puts the error directly on the shoulders of fellow Christians, not God.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Today at 01:25 PM Auntie said this in Post #101

Where did I conclude that God is not faithful?? Above ALL, God is faithful!! We keep misreading each other, Quaffer.:)

I said this: "Jesus tells us to feed the hungry. As Christians in general, I don't think we do such a good job of this, although most of us try to."

My statement puts the error directly on the shoulders of fellow Christians, not God.

OK Auntie, saying "you have seen the seed begging for bread", seemed to infer that God was unfaithful.  I apologize again.   :o

So the error is now on fellow christians?  And I agree, to some point, some of us do need to reach out more than what we do. But what about the one doing the begging?  Is there any error on their part?  Especially if they consider themselves to be in the camp of the righteous?

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Today at 12:31 PM Quaffer said this in Post #102 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=687425#post687425)

So the error is now on fellow christians? And I agree, to some point, some of us do need to reach out more than what we do. But what about the one doing the begging? Is there any error on their part? Especially if they consider themselves to be in the camp of the righteous?

Hungry Christian children don't have a choice. As children, they don't have any money, and are too young to get a job. They are at the mercy of adults.

We need only look to Jesus to discover what our attitude should be towards hungry people, sick people, etc. And it is not one of judgement, but compassion. We are not to question if they have error, rather, we are to obey Jesus commandments or face Hell. If we have no compassion for hurting people, then Christ is not in us.

Matthew 25:31-46
"31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: 32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: 33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. 37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. 41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: 42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: 43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. 44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? 45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. 46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal."

Upvote 0
Yesterday at 07:06 PM Evee said this in Post #97

I found out what Hashimotos disease is it is Thyroid disease.
I am not sure how that could be a breakdown with God or anyone else do you?

Thank you Evee for researching that.  I just asked our Father this morning to reveal to me the root of my "hypothyroidism".  I believe it is something I have accepted/judged/believed that is not of God.  I have asked for His forgiveness and to know the root of my sickness, then I will share with all of you. I know He will heal me.

Upvote 0
I also just wanted to add a testimony to this thread. It is something that is still tender in my spirit and that the Lord is working with me on.

About a year ago, there was a co-worker who's young wife and mother who was fighting breast cancer. We had been lifting her up in prayer for a couple of months. One morning, while I was praying, reading and talking with our Father, I asked Him if He would heal this young woman. He said, "Yes, I will heal her". I was so excited that I came to work and shared with many other Christians. A few months later, she passed away. I was shaken to the core. I totally lost my faith in hearing from our Father. I know my God heals and I felt like I must have not had enough faith or something and that I did not hear Him at all. God sent a word from a trusted Christian sister to tell me that I did hear Him correctly. He said that there was more than one type of healing and her's was spiritual. I realized I had lost sight of the main goal, salvation. I was so focused on healing that I never prayed for her salvation. Praise God that His Spirit prays for us when we know not what to pray.

My all time scripture for situations such as these are:

Isaiah 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

God is a wonderful loving God.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Today at 02:19 PM Auntie said this in Post #103

Hungry Christian children don't have a choice. As children, they don't have any money, and are too young to get a job. They are at the mercy of adults.

You're right Auntie, and the children are not held responsible but the parents they were intrusted to are.  I would not doubt that many times God has sent provision for the children only to have the responsible adult sell it for drugs and alcohol.  I've known many people who took the time to feed the children themselves just to make sure the children actually got to eat it.

Today at 02:19 PM Auntie said this in Post #103

We need only look to Jesus to discover what our attitude should be towards hungry people, sick people, etc. And it is not one of judgement, but compassion. We are not to question if they have error, rather, we are to obey Jesus commandments or face Hell. If we have no compassion for hurting people, then Christ is not in us.

I believe my attitude toward the hungry and sick is one of compassion.  I do whatever is within my power to do.  And I do not judge them.  However, as needed I will also help the responsible persons know how to get out of the mess they are in. 

One of the Pastors in my church has a day labor business and has offered many people on the street jobs and we have even helped them with places to stay.  Although not every single time, but more often than not they come up with excuses why they can't work or whatever else they need to do.  

Even in my own lack I have given and still do as I am able and as the Lord leads.  I've been there too and I know how it feels.  I am also grateful for people telling me the truth so I could get out of that mess.  I am a better person because of it.

Upvote 0

Evee

May 1, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟11,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hi FaithtoFaith I am glad I looked that up now.

I didn't know why just thought it to be interesting.

I believe many of our diseases are spiritual. 

I had a weird thing happen to me some over a year ago I was very sick I won't go into any big details but I was diagnoised with Lupus an auto immune disease.

I had every symptom I felt so sorry for me.

I just about gave up, I laid around and finally I had enough.

I said to myself I have to live till I die.

I just started forcing myself to get on with life.

I now do not have lupus and feel fine.

I am not sure if it was a misdiagnosis or if God healed me.

One thing for sure I went to the doctor sick and now I have nothing wrong and I take no medicines at all.

I know Lupus is supposed to be rooted with self hatred.

I know not all is but believe many are. Of course this is just an oppinion.

Upvote 0

sklippstein

Nov 2, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,351.00
Faith
Catholic

huh........why would it be rooted with self hatred? :scratch:

My sister has lupus and i am really happy that u no longer have this disease.  Unfortunately not a lot is known about it and she has had several bouts with it recently.

Upvote 0
Today at 03:18 PM Evee said this in Post #107

Hi FaithtoFaith I am glad I looked that up now.

I didn't know why just thought it to be interesting.

I believe many of our diseases are spiritual. 

I had a weird thing happen to me some over a year ago I was very sick I won't go into any big details but I was diagnoised with Lupus an auto immune disease.

I had every symptom I felt so sorry for me.

I just about gave up, I laid around and finally I had enough.

I said to myself I have to live till I die.

I just started forcing myself to get on with life.

I now do not have lupus and feel fine.

I am not sure if it was a misdiagnosis or if God healed me.

One thing for sure I went to the doctor sick and now I have nothing wrong and I take no medicines at all.

I know not all is but believe many are. Of course this is just an oppinion.

You know my sister has been tested for that many many times and though she has every symptom, they've never formally diagnosed her with it.  She lost her son when he was 16 years old and went through a lot of "self hatred" type feelings.  I don't know that she has as many symptoms now as she did a few years back.

As for my thyroid condition, it's not real bad.  But, it just showed up after the birth of my son.  You know what while I was typing this I just remember how angry I was at God for making me go back to work after his birth because I wanted to stay at home and be a mom.  Hummm, I really need to search a little deeper into this.

You know I just want to be right with the Lord and if there is something in my life or my spirit that I need to release, then so be it!

Upvote 0

Evee

May 1, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟11,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
 :) hI sklippstein yes thank God I am okay.

I am sorry about your sister having lupus.

I had those flareups also and they were severe at times.

I am just greatful I have been okay for sometime now.

The doctor is surprised and haven't been able to figure this all out.

The only sign I have that has not went away is my hearing is not all back in my right ear. 

I agree not much known about the disease.

I am not saying that lupus is rooted spiritually.

I just read about diseases and it said it was self hatred.

I hope your sister gets well and happy. :pray:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Evee

May 1, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟11,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hi FaithtoFaith lupus is so hard to detect and then sometimes there is a mis diagnoisis.

I know my doctor told me to avoid stress when they diagnoised me. 

So your sister loosing her son may have had an effect, on her.

I know stress can make us very sick whether we have a disease or not.

I want a good clean spirit also.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yesterday at 03:13 PM Br. Max said this in Post #111

Funny how Jacob limped til the end of his days. What more that the wound was inflicted by the Lord. :)

How did the lord do it? His thigh was dislocated. Jacob would not let go of him. And if you don't know how to put it back in you would be limping to.

Upvote 0

dignitized

Aug 5, 2005
✟29,618.00
Today at 07:00 PM Blade said this in Post #113

How did the lord do it? His thigh was dislocated. Jacob would not let go of him. And if you don't know how to put it back in you would be limping to.

Am I to believe that Jacob walked around with a dislocated hip the rest of his life because he was too ignorant to know how to put it back in? Oy vey :(

Forgive me if I don't accept that "explination" as either plausable or possible.

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Sickness just happens. It means that we aren't taking care of ourselves, or that our immune systems are weak, a result of stress, not 'demons'. You can't blame every last problem in the world on 'demons' or 'the devil'.

blondie, i think most of us agree that sickness is ONLY SOMETIMES the DIRECT result of a spirit. the gen agreement among healing evangelists is that it is usu in the case of incurable diseases (like cancer) that a spirit is behind it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yesterday at 06:03 PM Br. Max said this in Post #114

Am I to believe that Jacob walked around with a dislocated hip the rest of his life because he was too ignorant to know how to put it back in? Oy vey :(

Forgive me if I don't accept that "explination" as either plausable or possible.

LOL well when you say it like that.  No I don't think of it like that sorry if I sounded like that. I don't read anywhere in there that the lord gave it to him thats all.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Yesterday at 08:03 PM Br. Max said this in Post #114

Bro Max,

The idea that Jacob walked with a limp for the rest of his life is an assumption, that as far as I know is not backed up by scripture.  The scripture points out that he limped the next day but it does not say that it lasted for the rest of his life. 

If you know the scripture that does say it lasted for his intire life, please, share it. 

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
hey Quaffie n blade,

was just reading Matthew 4 and saw something simple but so true in this:

23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.

surely healing is an integral part of the gospel. so are we preaching the entire gospel? :)

at the cross...
Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our sicknesses, and carried our pains: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

Hallelujah!!!

Upvote 0

Outspoken

Standing in the Gap
Nov 8, 2002
✟22,188.00
Faith
Christian
"His thigh was dislocated. Jacob would not let go of him. "

You've never read the actual text have you? they wrestled and the "angel of the Lord" wasn't winning, so he struck Jacob and dislocated his hip.

I think ya'll need to read Ecc :) great book :)

Ecc 7:13 Consider the work of God: for who can make [that] straight, which he hath made crooked?

Ecc 7:14 In the day of prosperity be joyful, but in the day of adversity consider: God also hath set the one over against the other, to the end that man should find nothing after him.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Today at 12:15 AM Andrew said this in Post #118

hey Quaffie n blade,

was just reading Matthew 4 and saw something simple but so true in this:

23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.

surely healing is an integral part of the gospel. so are we preaching the entire gospel? :)

at the cross...
Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our sicknesses, and carried our pains: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

Hallelujah!!!

Amen! 

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.