Dec 10, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
✟16,661.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I think this question can be interpreted two ways, but i'll interpret it one way and answer accordingly...we get sick (eg, fever, cold) coz we don't take care of our bodies well and thus getting sick is actually more of a benefit than a curse coz it is like a warning sign that can tell us to take care instead of continuing what we're doing that is causing the sickness.

Upvote 0

unitedistand

Crying for the Bridegroom
Nov 21, 2002
a house
Visit site
✟443.00
Faith
Non-Denom
well, it's a kind of a combination between demons and nature.

There is a demon of infirmity, which casts sicknesses on people, but if a person doesn't take care of their body, they will be ill.

For lines of demons to cause sickness:

• oppression
  • posession
  • curses
  • discouragement from stepping out in faith

those are just a couple of the lines

Upvote 0

unitedistand

Crying for the Bridegroom
Nov 21, 2002
a house
Visit site
✟443.00
Faith
Non-Denom
well yes, of cource, if you don't follow what God's said, God put things onto you, but I'm telling predominately dealing with warfare and things of that nature.

Of course, I could have been lied to while in warfare to think I was ill in the body, but I'm just saying from expierience

ex: when being oppressed, I used to get sick to my stomach a lot

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sickness is caused by exposure to germs, viruses, bacteria, certain molds and fungi, parasitic worms, etc. Fortunately, God has given each of us a wonderful thing called the immune system, which daily fights off these invaders. Praise God! When you or a loved one is sick, pray that God would strengthen your immune system, as it is God's will that our immune systems be strong! It is God's Intelligent Design within us that brings us back to health and wellness.

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
ALL OF THE ABOVE SNUP! :)

¥ Just a part of nature (after the fall)/Result of the fall

Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Gen 3:19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

¥ Sin causes sickness

John 5:14 Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

¥ Demons cause sickness

Luke 13:16 And ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day?

Ac 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Mark 9:25 When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him.

¥ Being under the Law

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Deu 28:15 But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee:
.... 61 Also every sickness, and every plague, which is not written in the book of this law, them will the LORD bring upon thee, until thou be destroyed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blade

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟629,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would agree with Andrew. Take Satan out the picture your left with God. Its really not God that does it. What would happen if we obey God? If the curses can happen if we reject and willfully disobey God then that would have to mean the BLESSINGS will happen to.

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
We who are christians have been freed from the consiquences of the fall.
In order for demons to influence us they have to have ground to munipulate.
Demons and nature are just the carriers of the judgement of God.

Judgement comes to all who sin while under the law. And that judgement is the curse of sickness, death and distruction in every area of our lives.

Therefore sickness comes from sinning while being under the law. Demons and nature are the delivery method for that curse.

But praise to to God 13Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.” (Galations 3:13)

So how does one keep from getting sick?
Galations 6:7,8
7Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. 8For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. or according to strongs perpetual life.

In other words like Jesus said a well spring of life giving flow would come from our spirit giving life to every member of our body and the body of Christ.

So if we sow to the Spirit than we will by the Spirit fulfill the Law in Christ.
And we will reap the blessing of Deut. 28:1-14.

Upvote 0
Very Interesting....I have heard many variations on the teaching of sickness. I believe that God allows us to become sick for whatever reason He deems necessary. I do wonder if God allows us to become sick because of sin, when we are not under the law? I believe he uses it to accomplish many different purposes, not just punishment to the individual who becomes sick. For instance, my two year old son will get sick out of no where, but won't really be acting sick. Usually, God is doing something that day that he needs me to be available at home instead of work. During these times, He will use me or reveal something to me through television, etc. Now with that said, I have a thyroid condition and I have wondered what was at the root of it. My mother also has it as one of my sisters. So can it be generational curses or something that we are not taking to the Lord. What do you think?

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I would have to agree that it is a generational curse. Probably from a judgement of some kind. This judgement then would be taught to you and your sister, when you came into agreement with it then it began to manifest in you and your sister. Judgements are always from out of the law. You are reaping what your mother has sown and maybe ever your self.

My mom and sister both had exima. It was from a judgement that my mom had against men. A man had taken advantage of her when she was younger. My sister came into agreement with that judgement. The exima left when God showed them the judgement and they repented. By repenting of the darkness of that judgement they were able to recieve the life of God's truth, and the curse was removed since they were no longer under the law in that area.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Well, according to scripture sin entered the world (Rom 5:12) through one man's act of dissobedience.

The children of Isreal, during their 40 year trek in the wilderness were sickness and poverty free as long as they obeyed the law that God set before them. When they dissobeyed, they were ridden with sickness and death and poverty.

Deut 28:15-68 has been referrence several times already, but let's take a look at some of the things it says.

V15 "But it shall come to pass, if you do not obey the voice of the LORD your God, to observe carefully all His commandments and His statutes which I command you today, that all these curses will come upon you and overtake you:

In Gal 3:13 we are told we are redeemed from the curse of the law.

Gal 6:7 God will not be mocked and that we reap what we sow.

So, I checked the box that "sin" is what causes sickness. It may not be your sin but it is somebodys sin.

Back to Deut: 16: cursed in the city and in the field (business)
V 17: your basket and kneading trough is cursed (food)
V 18: The fruit of your body, your land, and your animals.
V 19: our coming in and going out is cursed
V 20: curses of confusion and rebuke in every enterprise
V 21: pestilence will cling to you
V 22: consumption, fever, inflamation, drought, mildew
V 23: the heavens will be as brass (our prayers will not be heard)
V 24: your land becomes worthless and unproductive
V 25: struck down while your enemies watch. Your efforts to overcome them will fail.
V 27: boils, tumors, scurvy, itching and no medicine will work to get rid of it.
V 28: madness, blindness, confusion in mind and heart
V 29: oppression and money going as if there are holes in your pockets
V 30: your spouse committing adultry. You do all the work but someone else enjoys the fruit of your labor
V 31: your methods of provision break down
V 32: children taken away and nothing you can do about it.

. . .and the list goes on and on and on to verse 68.

In all honesty, I've seen some of these curses on my own life and on my family. However, God has also shown us how to get out from under the curses we have reaped because of the sin sowed.

I have seen deliverence in my life in most of these areas and I am still in the process of coming out from under a few others. God is the deliverer. As long as we walk in obedience.  Even if we are reaping what one of our ancesstors sowed. 

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Yesterday at 04:48 PM unitedistand said this in Post #7

well yes, of cource, if you don't follow what God's said, God put things onto you, but I'm telling predominately dealing with warfare and things of that nature.

Of course, I could have been lied to while in warfare to think I was ill in the body, but I'm just saying from expierience

ex: when being oppressed, I used to get sick to my stomach a lot

The bible says that the battle is in the mind. I have seen sickness come into the family, one will get it, and the others, will be fearfully waiting for it to arrive. Sure enough they always got sick. I always looked at them, like they were crazy, because some how I knew they were bringing it on to themselves, without realizing it. I very very rarely got sick.

Joyce Myers was talking about the battle of the mind, and how we have strength in joy. She also talked about how negotive thoughts causes us to have problems. So she started to tell alot of jokes for about 5 to 10 minutes, she had the whole place rolling. After she was done she asked for a show of hands, that had a headache before she told the jokes. It was on radio but she said there were hands raised up all over the place. Then said she proved her point.

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I would like to say that even though you and I are posting almost the same thing that I disagree on one point but I believe that it is important.

As long as we walk in obedience.

The problem that I have is that this suggest that we can be obedient, but we can not. Obedience can also come from out of under the law. The point is that we are not supposed to be under the law at all.

The Law is primarily right verses wrong. Grace is primarily the pouring out of God love regardless of our position for the purpose of a mutual relationship.

So for clarities sake we do need obedience born out of love for our Father. But we don't need obedience because it is what we think is the right thing to do.

What we really need is a relationship. Sowing into the Spirit is the reality of that relationship.

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Today at 01:41 PM SUNSTONE said this in Post #16

The bible says that the battle is in the mind. I have seen sickness come into the family, one will get it, and the others, will be fearfully waiting for it to arrive. Sure enough they always got sick. I always looked at them, like they were crazy, because some how I knew they were bringing it on to themselves, without realizing it. I very very rarely got sick.

Joyce Myers was talking about the battle of the mind, and how we have strength in joy. She also talked about how negotive thoughts causes us to have problems. So she started to tell alot of jokes for about 5 to 10 minutes, she had the whole place rolling. After she was done she asked for a show of hands, that had a headache before she told the jokes. It was on radio but she said there were hands raised up all over the place. Then said she proved her point.

Good point, negetive thinking is definately a good way to sow into darkness. 

Upvote 0

Terri

Senior Veteran
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
✟20,061.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
SnuP I didn't vote because I don't know what causes sickness.  It is probably everything on your list and then some.

I have been sick for many, many years.  I rejoice in my suffering.  If I had not been ill I do not believe that I would have learned to lean on and trust God the way that I have.

God never allowed me to loose hope and he has slowly lead me into things that have improved my heath although I am still sick.  I have been in such misery that I have prayed to die.  The enemy even tried to use my suffering for years to get me to kill myself.  Praise God!!  He has seen me though it all in Jesus Name. 

Learning to follow His leading, learning patience, learning to trust in Him completely even unto death has been the greatest joy in my life.

1PE 4:1 Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because he who has suffered in his body is done with sin. 2 As a result, he does not live the rest of his earthly life for evil human desires, but rather for the will of God.

RO 5:3 Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

Upvote 0

Blindfaith

God's Tornado
Feb 9, 2002
Home of the Slug
✟7,755.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I would have to agree that it is a generational curse. Probably from a judgement of some kind.

John 9:1-4 {emphasis mine}

As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth.  His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, his man or his parents, that he was born blind"?

"Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in this life.  As long as it is day, we must do the work of him who sent me.  Night is coming, when no one can work.  While I am in the world, I am the light of the world."

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.