What can ALL denominations AGREE about?

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
hose things only constitute legalism when you try to impose them on others, not when you consider their weight on your own walk
Actually, imposing them on yourself is just as destructive. It gives you the wrong concept of God himself.

While not a doctrinal disagreement per se, do we see God as a violent tyrant just waiting for us to mess up so he can toss us into hell, or is he a loving father who wants to help us do right so we can be with Himforever?

Reactions: Emli
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟337,189.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Most if not all denominations disagree with one another about the way they understand scriptures. So many arguments, so much bitterness against one another. So what is it that we can all agree about as brothers and sisters in Christ? What are the things different denominations don't dissagree about when speaking of God/Jesus.
Hopefully all can agree that all have equal chance of the freedom in Christ. Hopefully all can agree that we all are a part of the priesthood of Christ. Hopefully all can agree that as the flesh is dying to self it is being made alive in Christ. Hopefully all can agree that the strongholds that exalt themselves against the knowledge of Christ being torn down is obedience to Him.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
So what is it that we can all agree about as brothers and sisters in Christ? What are the things different denominations don't dissagree about when speaking of God/Jesus.
That we all want to go to heaven. I think it's the majority vote. :]

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Most if not all denominations disagree with one another about the way they understand scriptures. So many arguments, so much bitterness against one another. So what is it that we can all agree about as brothers and sisters in Christ? What are the things different denominations don't dissagree about when speaking of God/Jesus.

It would be easy to say something like that we can all agree we should follow Jesus, but then we don't all agree about what that means. To me, it seems ridiculous that people teach that the way to follow Jesus involves rejecting the Mosaic Law that he followed and taught his followers to follow by word and by example even though we are told as his followers to follow his example, to walk in the same way he walked, and to be imitators of him.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I guess another way to say my point is that without doctrines, theology, interpreting the Bible... we all agree.

Yes; if I keep my mouth shut, I will say nothing that you disagree with.

That's not actually a stunning insight.

Upvote 0

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Agreed point of denominations... I Am.

The straying comes from (You guys know this already :oldthumbsup: ).

* No sequester with prayer, word & God as the teacher.
*A denomination (church and flesh are same terminologies) can not survive with no human clay to mold in denoms translation of righteousness.

All are taught/molded like human clay. Iron/denom on iron/denom is... our nature, right ?
Forgotten is this verse applied to the mind and Spirit of self 1 Corinthians 13:11 which suggests (to me) to clear the mind of taught ways and learn with God, prayer and word.
It is easier in group/denom think.

I have experienced a mind who thinks if we are not baptist we are sinners. Lost is Romans 3:10 applied to self, them and me.

Thanks for the platform for a humble opinion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ezra932

Jan 27, 2018
DONIPHAN
✟15,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
there are many in the denomination / non denom that even though Christ prayed in john 17 we be one in Him . NOT A UNIVERSAL CHURCH were not all going to agree %100 on every scripture , but as stated early on our common Ground is THE cross Jesus crucified and risen again .there is our common ground . we worry some might have a more Superior doctrine. Micah wrote it Best he has showed you o man what does the Lord require of you------>
He hath shown thee, O man, what is good: and what doth the Lord require of thee but to do justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? so when we stiff neck our bro sis in the Lord outside our belief .that is a truly Bible based .are we doing what is required of us?

Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0