Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
People talk about netflix, but I dont know anybody who watches it over here, is it an american thing? You pay to watch tv?

We have sky tv, but my dad pays for it to watch the cricket. It comes with all these other channels, but I dont bother watching really. Theres so many channels and stuff to watch that its exhausting flicking through it all. So I dont bother...

Nothing really interests me even the christian channels seem to be loud and obnoxious and have advertising.
The free channels on tv dont really have anything good to watch, if they did people would talk about it, but the last really good series that people liked that I remember was Kath and Kim.

It was an australian comedy series that poked fun at a mother and daughter relationship, cashed up bogans. It ran for several seasons and even a movie was made, and then it ended. Then the americans tried to steal the idea for themselves, but I heard it didnt work. You cant copy something like that.

The last tv series that I caught on holiday was The Love Boat and I liked watching it, got a bit hooked! But they dont show that on regular tv anymore. I heard a new series was made called the love boat the next wave, in the 80s. But the original 70s series was the best. They always had happy endings and it was humourous.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Travelers.Soul

Traveler; Dreamer; Warrior; Coffee lover
Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I watch that with my parents!

Currently watching Longmire reruns.
Murder She Wrote, is a classic and Longmire is always a good choice. :)

Upvote 0

William67

Sep 26, 2014
✟31,464.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
People talk about netflix, but I dont know anybody who watches it over here, is it an american thing? You pay to watch tv?

We have sky tv, but my dad pays for it to watch the cricket. It comes with all these other channels, but I dont bother watching really. Theres so many channels and stuff to watch that its exhausting flicking through it all. So I dont bother...

Nothing really interests me even the christian channels seem to be loud and obnoxious and have advertising.
The free channels on tv dont really have anything good to watch, if they did people would talk about it, but the last really good series that people liked that I remember was Kath and Kim.

It was an australian comedy series that poked fun at a mother and daughter relationship, cashed up bogans. It ran for several seasons and even a movie was made, and then it ended. Then the americans tried to steal the idea for themselves, but I heard it didnt work. You cant copy something like that.

The last tv series that I caught on holiday was The Love Boat and I liked watching it, got a bit hooked! But they dont show that on regular tv anymore. I heard a new series was made called the love boat the next wave, in the 80s. But the original 70s series was the best. They always had happy endings and it was humourous.

Netflix is an online company which lets you strean movies and television shows. They also have a home DVD delivery service. You can stream shows on your computer, video game console, or through your phone. Its not just American shows, either. They have BBC and CBC programing. It is available in the US and Canada, but a friend in the UK said she could get it there, too. Also, its not just new movies and tv, but also features shows/movies we watched from the 60s to 2000's. I believe just the streaming option costs less than $10/month.

Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,743.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
People talk about netflix, but I dont know anybody who watches it over here, is it an american thing?

Netflix recently did a massive roll out globally, launching in multiple countries all in one go. So it could still be fairly new in New Zealand, explaining why you don't know anyone who uses it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
recently finished watching all of star trek voyager and a show called "alone". alone was real good. it was a contest to see which person could survive the longest on some island in BC canada. I watch a few of the bushcraft guys on youtube and decided to watch alone because they were in it. it is amazing how much people really do need other people.

currently i'm watching the walking dead, teen wolf, and hercules: the legendary journeys.

on youtube I watch too much stuff to list them all but a few things are:

Gregory B. Sadler who is a philosophy teacher. he is mostly teaching about epictetus and hegal atm.

Jordan B Peterson a professor and clinical psychologist who is in the 'psychology department, University of Toronto' I plan on getting a hold of his book, think it is called something like "maps of meaning"

various recordings of alan watts and any other spiritual type person that catches my interest.

various bushcrafting videos and knife videos. still wondering if I should buy a knife made from cpm3v steel or elmax stainless steel... virtuovice is a very informative knife guy from japan.

various music that can help feed me spiritually.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Travelers.Soul

Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
MUST-LOVE-DOGS.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Travelers.Soul

Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
**Begins screaming**

Arrrrrrrgggghhhhhhh!!!! Chick flick! It burns, it burns!!!

**Passes out**

:)
Hey, some chick flicks are okay. :p Just wait, if you ever get married you will occasionally have to watch one. :ahah:

• Haha
Reactions: Ronit
Upvote 0