Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have a movie collection database program that I can enter nearly everything in it. I can rate movies at 0.1 increments using a custom skin I found at the time and custom fields I have an entry for how many times I watched the movie... last time I watched it etc. IMO if you have less than a few hundred movies you could probably just make a text file for it but when you start heading towards 1000 movies it gets too hard to keep track of things including where a movie is unless you have a bunch of shelf space.
I use Excel spreadsheet.
I'm not a big movie buff so it's enough.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I use Excel spreadsheet.
I'm not a big movie buff so it's enough.
I like the software as I can search for anything in it, actors, directors, genres, dates, ratings, etc. I also have the location of where the movies are stored which is a must for a larger collection.

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟217,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Batman & Harley Quinn (2017)

This movie is very inconsistent in tone. It’s a crime, buddy-cop, sci-fi, superhero, fantasy, comedy movie all rolled into one. I liked that! In a time when superhero movies are a dime a dozen, I’m all for ones that try to be different.

It really missed Harley Quinn’s voice from the Animated Series it’s based on. I didn’t start getting used to it till the movie was ½ over.

The movie is done w/ the same animation as the Animated Series, but it doesn’t feel like a TV episode in the same way the Mr Freeze: Subzero movie did.

My biggest problem was a Harley/Batman teamup was already done in the Animated Series. With a lot of the same beats. Yeah, it’s a good dynamic but something we’ve seen before. I'm tired of 'criminal goes reform' stories.

I give this a 4/5.

EDIT: I should also bring up the sex scene. Like the one in The Killing Joke, I think it's very fan-fiction-y & think 2 heroes non-romantically involved having sex is just for the sake of them having sex & comes across as forced & out-of-character

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟217,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Mr. Popper’s Penguins

Watched this w/ my parents in high school so this was a re-watch. I enjoyed it. I’m not real familiar w/ the book so can’t compare it. I like Jim Carrey. I really liked the family bonding scenes. And Pippi. I don’t have much more to say.

I give it a 4/5

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟217,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Special Books For Special Kids, a YouTube channel where they interview people w/ disabilities. It’s amazing how great of attitudes a lot of them have. I like the ones w/ Downs and/or Cerebral Palsy. I like the ones from Jeff. He has CP but doesn't let it hinder him. I know someone w/ CP exactly like him.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟217,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Tigers/Rangers
Tigers lead 1-0 thru-out, blow it in the 9th w/ 3 walks & 1 hit & lose 3-1

Assault on Arkham (2014)
I really liked this. It was a lot of fun, which is what movies need to be. All bets are off on who's going to live which adds much-needed stakes for a comic book movie. The Joker is especially terrifying in this. Deadshot was my favorite Suicide Squad member in. I like jail break-in & break-out stories.
When it first started I wasn't sure I was going to like it or not b/c I didn't know most of the Suicide Squad members so thought I'd get confused on who's who or their powers, but the movie does a good job getting us to know them & they're all distinct.
I give this a 5/5

I got 3-set DVD w/ The Killing Joke, Batman & Harley Quinn, & this on it. This was my favorite.

I am watching an Investigation Discovery documentary series about the Jodi Arias case. It's definitely not PG. :sorry:
That's a great case!

Upvote 0