Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Dawn Of The Dead (1978). A classic. Although the zombies are awkward and quite outdated in their depictions. The blood and makeup looks pretty phony and weird at times. Still it's a highly enjoyable movie.

• Informative
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

Sif

Nov 11, 2015
Rocky Mountain Region
✟307,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I am watching a Swedish horror film called Draug.

It is set in the 11th century. A group find there is something far worse, evil and ancient than bandits lurking in a forest to the North.

The word draug is based on the Norse mythological un-dead monster called a draugr. The Barrow-Wights on Tolkien's Lord of the Rings are very similar to Norse draugr

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Fargo. The movie is interesting.. but isn't what Minnesota life is like at all. We don't talk like that.. especially in the area the film is supposed to be primarily based. The Coen brothers grew up in Minnesota they should know better.. but I guess it makes the film more "quirky" for the rest of the country.. lol.

Fun fact though, I remember seeing them shoot this film as a kid. The car dealership location.. it's possible my family car might be in the film. Although pretty much impossible to know for sure.. lol. The film is kind of nostalgic for me in that regard.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am thinking of watching Flash Dance. Mainly because my father said he knew the director when he was making it. Apparently he was hoping it'd be a big hit. Commercially seems so.. critically not so much. I was talking to my father a few months ago and was surprised to learn he mingled with a lot of entertainment people back in the late 70s and early 80s. He even said a character actor who appeared in shows like "All In The Family" (which I love) hit on him and wanted him to come to his apartment.. arggh.. lol.

Upvote 0