London
✟23,796.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some of the things you said remind me of what Dan Mohler has taught about love, who has some excellent teachings on youtube that you might find interesting.
I have seen over 1000 hours of Dan.
1500hrs of Curry Blake. John G Lake. David Hogan, Smith Wigglesworth, Andrew Wommack,Todd White. went to see Todd in London. And many others. I would reccomend Dan above them all.

• Agree
Reactions: Soyeong
Upvote 0

Johnsloan

Feb 12, 2018
London
✟23,796.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So let me ask you as Christians, what are you doing here? And what are you doing for Jesus?
What are you doing? I dont mind you asking. But I would like you to lead the way for us?
What are you doing that will actully go through the fire and will not be consumed?

Upvote 0

Johnsloan

Feb 12, 2018
London
✟23,796.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I suggest that we turn our attention to our own sins and "be ye perfect and our father in heaven is perfect." Very far from rolling with the pigs. The pigs will then see our cleanliness and worship the father in heaven and desire to become clean themselves.......and will then become clean

If we continue as we are....the pig will still see us and try to be like us now as well......they will continue, like us, to talk about how dirty and smelly the pigs next to them are and have no time to realize that they are wallowing in the same filth as the pigs they are talking about.....they wont realize that the stench they smell, may very well be coming from their own bodies.

So you choose the message you want to relay.....I find no fault in which ever path you choose to take.
Jesus died for them. They are not pigs. Even if thet=y are pigs . So were you. So there family.
he so loved them. If we loved them we would not be calling them pigs. If we call them pigs then We are putting our selves above them. They are what we are. They are with out knowleadge. We only have a little more than them. And its only because God gave you the faith that got you saved.

• Haha
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
OP: Q: What are you really here for. aka What is the purpose of Mankind?

A: To bring spiritual GLORY to the God of the Bible.

2 Corinthians 3:18
But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord,
are being transformed into the same (Spritual) image from glory to glory,
just as from the Lord, the Spirit.

1 Chronicles 16:28-29, 35
Ascribe to the Lord, O families of the peoples, Ascribe to the Lord glory and strength.
Ascribe to the Lord the glory due His name;
Bring an offering, and come before Him;
Worship the Lord in holy array...
Then say, “Save us, O God of our salvation,
And gather us and deliver us from the nations,
To give thanks to Your holy name,
And glory in Your praise.”

Luke 2:14...“Glory to God in the highest, And on earth peace among men with whom He is pleased.”

John 17:22 [ Follower's Future Glory ]
The glory which You have given Me, I have given to them,
that they may be one, just as We are one;

Romans 11:36
For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen.

1 Corinthians 10:31
Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

Reactions: Inan3
Upvote 0

Inan3

Veteran Saint
Jul 22, 2007
West of the Mississippi
✟20,375.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Can someone tell me what that really means in practice?

"... all have sinned and fall short of the GLORY of God," (Romans 3:23)

I would say by looking into the meaning of the word glory, and the context which the above scripture is in... that the meaning is this ....

BECAUSE ALL have sinned, (as confirmed by Romans 5)

Rom 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

therefore, in this state of sin no one can "honor" God, or be "honored by" God!

From the beginning of Paul's letter to the Romans he is basically explaining that whether you are Jew or Gentile it makes no difference, we are all sinners. In the context of this third chapter he now speaks of the remedy of God for our sinful dilemma, which is the righteousness of GOD Himself, and which comes only by faith in Jesus Christ!

So in a nutshell, sinners cannot give glory to God or get glory from Him!! The only thing that is acceptable to God is our life in Christ Jesus!

Rom 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Rom 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Rom 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the GLORY of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
What are you doing? I dont mind you asking. But I would like you to lead the way for us?
What are you doing that will actully go through the fire and will not be consumed?

Holding the fort for Jesus, against the forces of darkness and those who allow darkness to flourish unopposed, within the body.

You are most welcome to join me.

Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I suggest that we turn our attention to our own sins and "be ye perfect and our father in heaven is perfect." Very far from rolling with the pigs. The pigs will then see our cleanliness and worship the father in heaven and desire to become clean themselves.......and will then become clean

That is not what we are commanded to do by Jesus. (Matthew 18:15-18)

Upvote 0

Inan3

Veteran Saint
Jul 22, 2007
West of the Mississippi
✟20,375.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

are being transformed into the same (Spritual) image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.

Excellent post, and if I were to have one favorite scripture 2 Cor 3:18 would be it!

Upvote 0

Inan3

Veteran Saint
Jul 22, 2007
West of the Mississippi
✟20,375.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus expects us to make righteous judgement, to be innocent as doves, yet wise like serpents in choosing what is good from what is evil.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my post and while much of what you said I can agree with, I cannot agree with it all! Many scriptures you use I see in a different light!

The scriptures I hold to are,

Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Joh 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

I do believe we must judge ourselves but I also believe that if I confess my sin, He is faithful and just to forgive me and to CLEANSE me of ALL unrighteousness!! Simple as that!

I prefer to tell men HOW to be FREE from sin rather than to preach sin! Men know when they sin but they don't always know how to defeat it in their lives. To continually preach against sin does nothing more than edify sin, but to continually preach Chist brings revelation and sets men free! When I say preach Chist I do not mean preach a salvation message over and over but rather to preach Christ's victory over sin and all He has done for us so that men can take hold of that and climb out of sin into victory in Christ!

Reactions: Johnsloan
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus died for them. They are not pigs. Even if thet=y are pigs . So were you. So there family.
he so loved them. If we loved them we would not be calling them pigs. If we call them pigs then We are putting our selves above them. They are what we are. They are with out knowleadge. We only have a little more than them. And its only because God gave you the faith that got you saved.
i see you are here to cause strife.....No one called anyone pigs but you. I was in a conversation with a poster who posted an image of actually pigs, and we were discussing them.....and now you are calling sinners actually pigs? I think you should re-read your own OP as if you were the subject of it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is not what we are commanded to do by Jesus. (Matthew 18:15-18)
We are not commanded to be ye perfect? Or to remove the motes from our own eye? or to let our lights shine...that men see and glorify the father?

These are the statement of mine that you quoted.

Also the scriptures you posted seem to be about people sinning against you......you do feel that all sinners in the world sin against you when they sin...and therefore it is your job to go to them and tell them about it?

Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for taking the time to answer my post and while much of what you said I can agree with, I cannot agree with it all! Many scriptures you use I see in a different light!

You are most welcome and at the same time you can see things from a different vantage point.

The scriptures I hold to are,

Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Please underline through him might be.
It is conditional, that Christ be in an individual, for that individual to be saved. On the flip side, not everyone is going to be in Him and Him in them. This is not an open ticket for the world, but it is a matter for individuals being plucked out of the world, and declared his sheep.

If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you (John 15:19)

Joh 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world

Context to the above builds the narrative. So, where is the context?

There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day. (John 12:48)

The judge, is the trinity of God that condemns the world. The one God came on Pentecost to judge the world, through the body of Christ.

This is what Jesus Commanded of his Church to do when dealing with sin.

Dealing With Sin in the Church

15“If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. 16But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’ 17If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

18Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

Verse 18 is the Judgement phase, where the action of the Church on earth, results in its ratification in Heaven and as a result that individual who continues to live in a lifestyle of sin, is excommunicated and is therefore condemned before God.

Jesus said......

“Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.24Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. (John 14:23-24)

I do believe we must judge ourselves but I also believe that if I confess my sin, He is faithful and just to forgive me and to CLEANSE me of ALL unrighteousness!! Simple as that!

If individuals genuinely confess their sins, they will sin no more and as a result will abandon a lifestyle that causes emnity between them and God.

Jesus said to the prostitute.....

“Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”

11“No one, sir,” she said.

“Then neither do I condemn you,”Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.” (John 8)

I prefer to tell men HOW to be FREE from sin rather than to preach sin!

You mean to tell them as would Jesus would command you to do, to tell them to go now and leave your life of sin.

One cannot be truly free from sin, if they continue to live in sin, for an individual cannot dictate to God the terms that will enable them to recieve the salvation gifts of God, through his Son.

God makes his terms pretty clear to individuals, for they must turn from their ways before He will even look at them, to have pitty on them, so to clean them with his Son's blood.

Men know when they sin but they don't always know how to defeat it in their lives.

Knowing, without a genuine confession will not even get a lookin by God, for he will consider them enemies for his Son's sake. Otherwise they would continue to smear and to mock the Cross of His Son.

26If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left,27but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.28Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.29How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? 30For we know him who said, “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” and again, “The Lord will judge his people.” 31It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. (Hebrews 10)

Christians who do not deal with Sin in their congregation body, are trampling the Son of God underfoot, treating him as an unholy thing, the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who have insulted the Spirit of grace?

Insulting the Spirit of Grace is the final straw.

To continually preach against sin does nothing more than edify sin, but to continually preach Chist brings revelation and sets men free!

Nonsense!
Jesus preached more about Heaven and Hell than anything else. His parables condemning those who continue to life a lifestyle of sin is repeated throughout the four gospel accounts. The Apostles picked up on that theme and continued with it. It seems the antithesis to the traditional Apostolic Church would be a congregation who would ONLY.....preach Christ brings revelation and sets men free! Without a recourse to their current spiritual state.

This would be quite disconcerting to say the least, to Jesus and I.

When I say preach Chist I do not mean preach a salvation message over and over but rather to preach Christ's victory over sin and all He has done for us so that men can take hold of that and climb out of sin into victory in Christ!

That would be the reverse message, completely at odds to how Jesus instructed and how he commissioned his Apostolic Church. In fact, this is nothing more than dictating the terms to God, that you will accept us the way we are regardless of our wilful actions to continually sin. Whereas before God will look upon us, we must with all sincerity of the heart, to genuinely repent and turn from our ways on God's terms and not our own terms and this is what is meant to deny ourselves and to consider ourselves dead to the world and dead to the flesh (body of sin).

Upvote 0

Inan3

Veteran Saint
Jul 22, 2007
West of the Mississippi
✟20,375.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
1Co 1:4 I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;

1Co 1:5 That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;

1Co 1:6 Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you:

1Co 1:7 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:

1Co 1: 9 Who shall confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1Co 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Inan3

Veteran Saint
Jul 22, 2007
West of the Mississippi
✟20,375.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You are most welcome and at the same time you can see things from a different vantage point.

Me thinks you misunderstand my words because often your explanation does not make sense to what I said! I'm not going to argue with you either way. Keep searching the scriptures and enjoy your life in Christ! Perhaps another time we can agree!

In sincerity and love, your sister in Christ

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would love to have a discussion on this subject. But it almost always ends in people getting hurt and trying to protect what they have believed for how ever long.

I was taught a certian belief system for 21 years. But after A while I realised something was wrong/missing.

I heard a guy speaking on what the bible actully said. So I listened with an open mind.
Thats all you need to do. I have now come to believe that almost every thing I was told in raditional church is wrong. I know that this statement has now already forced you into forming an opinion of me or what I might believe. I have seen so much fighting I will not answer or debate with anyone on any thing in this thread. I will tell you my experiance. After that you do with it what ever you like. I have seen it all before. If there is some one who is able to have an adult discussion on this subject. I would be happy for then to start there own discussion thread. And I will gladly go and discuss the subject where we can share scripture and try and work along together to get all we can from scripture on the subject. But as I said experiance shows that as soon as people get shown that they are incorrect the get embaressed and try to make scripture fit there thoughts. Then it turns in to mush.

So all that said what is the subject.

There are many many scriptures tell Christians/believers what they are here for.
Scripture tells us what we can achieve through Christ.
What we are in Christ. What we are not in Christ. what we are as new creations.
Most of these subjects seem to bring out the worse in Christians. Mostly becuase of the wide spread misteaching on these subjects.

We sit under teachers pastors leaders call it what you like. We sit under them who are teaching you to do what they never managed ever. SO the teachers struggle to do or even believe what scripture teaches as they were taught by guys who had the same problem.

So I heard much over 21 years in tradictional church. Doesnt matter what denomination. Most of them are wrong on most things.

What are we here for. If you ask the average Christian this they would almost always say
To lead a good life. Although this is not wrong it is the very very basic requirement.
But if you were to look at the average Christian male. almost all fail on a daily basis with the smallest of things. Like road rage hating the nieghbours. the list is endless really on where the average Christian falls down. So are fine with neighbours some dont have anger issues. But there is things that we all fall into continually. So even on the basic requirment we fall all to often. Including the teachers/leaders/ministers/pastors.

I would say all of these failing comes from one thing and one thing only.
It comes from an unwillingness to die to self.

If we truly died to self. We would not get angry. You get angry because you are living for self.
Jelousy also comes from love of self, greed malice.anger all are love of self. Dieing to self means you can not get hurt by anyone. If you put your family berfore Christ. Thats self.
Money before Christ is self. all of the things we do that are wrong are all about self.

If you live for Christ when you rise each day. People can spit in your face and you will be hurt for them in there condition. Christ was never hurt for himself. He never said anything agaisnt us. We are hurt if someone makes us look a little silly. You see it every day even in these forums. I see adults act like children and it get deeper and deeper. all about self.

Christ lived and died for you. He askes the same of you.
Pick up your cross and follow me.
In other words I want you to live the same as I did. Love one and other forgiv one and other.
Love your enemys. I dont know a single Christians who does this or anything like it.
This is only one small subject of the few things I would like to speak about. I never got to the one I love most that cause so much hatred amoung the brethern.

This is enough from me today.
This closely follows the notion that we must re-focus our intentions towards blessing others over ourselves. It is the death of the ego and I think you are right on target.

BlessUp

Reactions: Inan3
Upvote 0

Inan3

Veteran Saint
Jul 22, 2007
West of the Mississippi
✟20,375.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
i see you are here to cause strife.....No one called anyone pigs but you. I was in a conversation with a poster who posted an image of actually pigs, and we were discussing them.....and now you are calling sinners actually pigs? I think you should re-read your own OP as if you were the subject of it.

Raymond, I find this an unfair accusation of johnsloan! You most certainly DID call them pigs as seen by the quote below. Do not twist the words! You know what you were saying and so do we! Johnsloan was not trying to cause strife, he merely called you out on your own words as you so generously do to others!

If we continue as we are....the pig will still see us and try to be like us now as well......they will continue, like us, to talk about how dirty and smelly the pigs next to them are and have no time to realize that they are wallowing in the same filth as the pigs they are talking about.....they wont realize that the stench they smell, may very well be coming from their own bodies.

So you choose the message you want to relay.....I find no fault in which ever path you choose to take.

• Prayers
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I would love to have a discussion on this subject. But it almost always ends in people getting hurt and trying to protect what they have believed for how ever long.

I was taught a certian belief system for 21 years. But after A while I realised something was wrong/missing.

I heard a guy speaking on what the bible actully said. So I listened with an open mind.
Thats all you need to do. I have now come to believe that almost every thing I was told in raditional church is wrong. I know that this statement has now already forced you into forming an opinion of me or what I might believe. I have seen so much fighting I will not answer or debate with anyone on any thing in this thread. I will tell you my experiance. After that you do with it what ever you like. I have seen it all before. If there is some one who is able to have an adult discussion on this subject. I would be happy for then to start there own discussion thread. And I will gladly go and discuss the subject where we can share scripture and try and work along together to get all we can from scripture on the subject. But as I said experiance shows that as soon as people get shown that they are incorrect the get embaressed and try to make scripture fit there thoughts. Then it turns in to mush.

So all that said what is the subject.

There are many many scriptures tell Christians/believers what they are here for.
Scripture tells us what we can achieve through Christ.
What we are in Christ. What we are not in Christ. what we are as new creations.
Most of these subjects seem to bring out the worse in Christians. Mostly becuase of the wide spread misteaching on these subjects.

We sit under teachers pastors leaders call it what you like. We sit under them who are teaching you to do what they never managed ever. SO the teachers struggle to do or even believe what scripture teaches as they were taught by guys who had the same problem.

So I heard much over 21 years in tradictional church. Doesnt matter what denomination. Most of them are wrong on most things.

What are we here for. If you ask the average Christian this they would almost always say
To lead a good life. Although this is not wrong it is the very very basic requirement.
But if you were to look at the average Christian male. almost all fail on a daily basis with the smallest of things. Like road rage hating the nieghbours. the list is endless really on where the average Christian falls down. So are fine with neighbours some dont have anger issues. But there is things that we all fall into continually. So even on the basic requirment we fall all to often. Including the teachers/leaders/ministers/pastors.

I would say all of these failing comes from one thing and one thing only.
It comes from an unwillingness to die to self.

If we truly died to self. We would not get angry. You get angry because you are living for self.
Jelousy also comes from love of self, greed malice.anger all are love of self. Dieing to self means you can not get hurt by anyone. If you put your family berfore Christ. Thats self.
Money before Christ is self. all of the things we do that are wrong are all about self.

If you live for Christ when you rise each day. People can spit in your face and you will be hurt for them in there condition. Christ was never hurt for himself. He never said anything agaisnt us. We are hurt if someone makes us look a little silly. You see it every day even in these forums. I see adults act like children and it get deeper and deeper. all about self.

Christ lived and died for you. He askes the same of you.
Pick up your cross and follow me.
In other words I want you to live the same as I did. Love one and other forgiv one and other.
Love your enemys. I dont know a single Christians who does this or anything like it.
This is only one small subject of the few things I would like to speak about. I never got to the one I love most that cause so much hatred amoung the brethern.

This is enough from me today.
We're here to come to learn and acknowledge that something is missing. We're here to, hopefully, come to develop a hunger and thirst for righteousness. We're here to come to value love, to value God, first above all else. That's what it means to be justified.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Johnsloan

Feb 12, 2018
London
✟23,796.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

are being transformed into the same (Spritual) image from glory to glory,
just as from the Lord, the Spirit.

1 Chronicles 16:28-29, 35
Ascribe to the Lord, O families of the peoples, Ascribe to the Lord glory and strength.
Ascribe to the Lord the glory due His name;
Bring an offering, and come before Him;
Worship the Lord in holy array...
Then say, “Save us, O God of our salvation,
And gather us and deliver us from the nations,
To give thanks to Your holy name,
And glory in Your praise.”

Luke 2:14...“Glory to God in the highest, And on earth peace among men with whom He is pleased.”

John 17:22 [ Follower's Future Glory ]
The glory which You have given Me, I have given to them,
that they may be one, just as We are one;

Romans 11:36
For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen.

1 Corinthians 10:31
Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
Yes we have all seen that all our Christians lives. What we are looking for here is not what the preachers have been saying all through time.

Break that down and tell us whats it like in your life today?

What we want is what does that look like in your life daily. We know the scriptures.

Upvote 0