The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Sorry I dont agree with almost all you said. I believe its the opposite.
I believe It has nothing to do with sides. Thats a one off choise. But after that. We are to do the same works Jesus done. Full stop. And even greater. Or so Jesus said. Its good news not sheep and goats. YOU are to preach the GOOD NEW. Not hell not condemnation as there is none in Christ none.

Post #93 with link below.....

What are you really here for.

You state that why we are here for, has nothing to do with choosing sides?

You therefore, are unwittingly denying that there exists an ongoing spiritual war, between good and evil, that every Christian faces on a daily basis, where choices are being made daily, either to choose Jesus or to deny him. People deny Jesus when they choose the world and the Prince who runs it.

Many in that day will say have we not done this and that. The Lord will say to them, away from me evildoers, I never knew you!

I love witches and satan whorshippers to. That poor fools dont know satan hates them and God loves them.

Post #97 with link below.....

We read the entire testimony of scripture and we don't find a single instant where the one true God Jesus Christ loved witches, Satan worshippers, demons or Satan.

You say that you follow in his footsteps, yet loving witches and Satan worshippers is counted by the Holy God as an act of treason, a denial of Jesus. An aiding and abetting the enemies of the Cross.

Scripture states that if you love the world, then you have chosen to be an enemy of God.

Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. (1 John 2:15)

You adulterous people, don't you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God. (James 4:4)

Like I stated before, in regards to the question.....

Why are we here for?

That is, you will either chose Jesus or you will chose the world. You will love Jesus or you will love witches and Satanists.

As it is written.....

Submit to God's royal son, or he will become angry, and you will be destroyed in the midst of all your activities--for his anger flares up in an instant. But what joy for all who take refuge in him! (Psalm 2:12)

Wiether we choose jesus or not has nothing to do with why we are here or what we are here for.

Absolute nonesense!

You do realise the "or not" is where you testify against yourself. I have not accussed you friend, for you have accused yourself by your own words.

You asked me....

Please quote me where I said its not about Jesus?

Let me repeat your words again.....

Wiether we choose jesus or not has nothing to do with why we are here or what we are here for.

Your testimony above is a flat out denial of Jesus, as you do not see choosing Jesus having anything to do with why we are here or what we are here for. Your words remove your person from being a subject of Jesus.

So the implication of your statement is, you can aspire and declare to be like the Son of the Most High God, hence you project a form of godliness, but you deny being his subject, hence by logical deduction deny his authority, because why you are here for has nothing to do with choosing him as your MASTER, right?

Paul warns us about a particular form of religion that will manifest in the last days, as follows....

4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away (2 Timothy 3:4-5)

Now you accused me of saying"If it is not about Jesus as you say,"

You accused yourself, by your own testimony. You have to be accountable for your own slip of the tongue.

I have.

And more importantly misrepresenting Christ.
You are trying to move the thread away from what we are actully talking about. I see this all to often.

Nonsense!
People following your posts will find that you unwittingly declared yourself, not a subject of Jesus. In addition the misrepresentation of Jesus, fails on your part, because Jesus never instructed believers to love an enemy who wilfully sins against God.

When you say.....

"I love witches and satan whorshippers"

You are claiming to be friends with the enemies of God and his Christ, because the love you present is one of acceptance and not rebuke, therefore you are not preaching the righteousness of Jesus. You chose to accept them as they are and have become an acquaintance with them and according to your other statements above, you do not see it imperative for you and them to be the subjects of Jesus, in regards to why you and they are here for.

The reason why you attacked traditional Christianity in your opening post, is that you do not belong to traditional Christianity, nor accept the statements of beliefs and that includes Christian Forums.

It is ironic that you falsely accuse me, when you stand self accused.

Upvote 0

Johnsloan

Feb 12, 2018
London
✟23,796.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Post #93 with link below.....

You state that why we are here for, has nothing to do with choosing sides?

Man you are really struggling with reading and basic biblical understanding. You are exactly the type of person I spoke of that destroys decent subject talks. You are exactly they type the thread is about. That turns every thing to mush.
You refuse to be beaten and go to all manner of garbage to try and prove your self to the audience.

Here are some very basic question for you to try and fill you in on what we are talking about.
Are we all Christians in the Thread ? Yes we are . We agreed to that when joining this group.
So if everyone here is a Christian. Then every one here has already made a choise for Christ.
We have all of us already Chosen a side. How simple is that. We are aready in and not out.
We are all Christians here.

You therefore, are unwittingly denying that there exists an ongoing spiritual war, between good and evil, that every Christian faces on a daily basis, where choices are being made daily, either to choose Jesus or to deny him. People deny Jesus when they choose the world and the Prince who runs it.
No one said there is not an ongoing war. What I am saying is you are either in it or your not.
You sir are twisting every thing I say. You who know ZERO about me, and you are telling me I am not a Christian. Its clear you dont understand that judging a man is when, YOU clian they are going to hell. That is exactly what you are doing. You may chosse Jesus on a daily basis I dont. I made my desition 25 years ago and never took another desicion since. SO you speak for your self.
We are not talking about the unbelievers making a daily choise or not. We are talking about believers. There are no unbelievers here.

Post #97 with link below.....

We read the entire testimony of scripture and we don't find a single instant where the one true God Jesus Christ loved witches, Satan worshippers, demons or Satan.

You say that you follow in his footsteps, yet loving witches and Satan worshippers is counted by the Holy God as an act of treason, a denial of Jesus. An aiding and abetting the enemies of the Cross.
We read the entire testimony of scripture and we don't find a single instant where the one true God Jesus Christ said he does not love witches, Satan worshippers, demons or Satan.?
Please bring them if you have them. See the way to beat a twister is give em it back.
Please quote them???

Scripture states that if you love the world, then you have chosen to be an enemy of God.
See here you are getting confused again. We are not talking about the world. The world reffers to sin.
People are NOT the "World" Your confused and causeing more confusion.
Once again people are not the world.
Theres a whole world of people who are lost in all manner of things. witches satanists thives and liars. They all need Jesus. How iwll they know lest someone tells them. So we are commanded to go unto ALL the owrld. But You have set a leveal that YOU will not go through. I will go to witches. But You have set the bar. You are claiming God cant reach then and Jesus never came to save them/ YOU have ZERO scripture for that. Thats you gospel Not Gods.
I also asaid prostitues. so did Jesus. I see you never mentioned I was correct to go after them. In fact you ommited the, This reveals something of you to me. You will not give me cerdit for anything I said.
You ignore many things I said in favour of the things you think you can put down. ANd you are have a right good go at putting me down. But I see past that.
I asked you for carification on two things you accused me off. You had a go at one and failed. You ignored the other. So I will ask again. Why did you not quote where I laughed at your testimony?
I will tell you its not there I never laughed at your testimony and you are n9ot man enough to admit you were wrong. I can see you wrong often I would be hard to admit your wrong so often.
I will ask again Please quote where I laughed at your testimony through the aid of an emoji?

Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. (1 John 2:15)
Woops here jesus talking about two seperate thing PEOPLE and the WORLD see that? Two seperate thing. But you are saying the world is people. Wrong again.

You adulterous people, don't you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God. (James 4:4)

Dear me here we have it again you misqouting scripture to prove a false point. Clearly again two different things The world and people are two seperate thing. I am sure you have got the lesson clear now. No way round that.

Like I stated before, in regards to the question.....

Why are we here for?
Here we are another mistake of yours.

You said why are we here for. That doesnt even make sense in English.
What I did in fact say was."What are you really here for."
If you confussed over one line. I now see why your struggling in the thread. This is what cause confusion. satan the ferret loves confusion. You really should stop this.

That is, you will either chose Jesus or you will chose the world. You will love Jesus or you will love witches and Satanists.
So if I see a witch i will not set her free. even though she is a captive of satan. Thats what you think Jesus died for. You have no clue what Jesus done . He died so that NONE would perish. If Jesus never died for the witches hes got double standerds. But you believe what you like.

As it is written.....will love Jesus or you wil

Submit to God's royal son, or he will become angry, and you will be destroyed in the midst of all your activities--for his anger flares up in an instant. But what joy for all who take refuge in him! (Psalm 2:12)
Oh really What about the scripture that says there in NO condemnation in Jesus none?
You are also struggling to diferenciate the two covanants. We are under a new covanant. All thing are new, Stop going under the old deal. You are not a jew.

Absolute nonesense!

You do realise the "or not" is where you testify against yourself. I have not accussed you friend, for you have accused yourself by your own words.

You asked me....

Let me repeat your words again.....

Your testimony above is a flat out denial of Jesus, as you do not see choosing Jesus having anything to do with why we are here or what we are here for. Your words remove your person from being a subject of Jesus.
According to you. I can not be botherd wit the rest of the tripe you wrote.
I will not be replying to any thing else you have to say. Its pointless I said it at the start and you proved me right.

If you can quote were I laughed at you testimony I will reply to that , If you cant a public apology will suffice.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Jesus had plenty of righteous anger when he cleansed the temple in John 2:15.

True, but while I can remember the last time I was angry with and wanted to harm my neighbor, I can't remember the last time I cleansed a temple.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would love to have a discussion on this subject. But it almost always ends in people getting hurt and trying to protect what they have believed for how ever long.

I was taught a certian belief system for 21 years. But after A while I realised something was wrong/missing.

I heard a guy speaking on what the bible actully said. So I listened with an open mind.
Thats all you need to do. I have now come to believe that almost every thing I was told in raditional church is wrong. I know that this statement has now already forced you into forming an opinion of me or what I might believe. I have seen so much fighting I will not answer or debate with anyone on any thing in this thread. I will tell you my experiance. After that you do with it what ever you like. I have seen it all before. If there is some one who is able to have an adult discussion on this subject. I would be happy for then to start there own discussion thread. And I will gladly go and discuss the subject where we can share scripture and try and work along together to get all we can from scripture on the subject. But as I said experiance shows that as soon as people get shown that they are incorrect the get embaressed and try to make scripture fit there thoughts. Then it turns in to mush.

So all that said what is the subject.

There are many many scriptures tell Christians/believers what they are here for.
Scripture tells us what we can achieve through Christ.
What we are in Christ. What we are not in Christ. what we are as new creations.
Most of these subjects seem to bring out the worse in Christians. Mostly becuase of the wide spread misteaching on these subjects.

We sit under teachers pastors leaders call it what you like. We sit under them who are teaching you to do what they never managed ever. SO the teachers struggle to do or even believe what scripture teaches as they were taught by guys who had the same problem.

So I heard much over 21 years in tradictional church. Doesnt matter what denomination. Most of them are wrong on most things.

What are we here for. If you ask the average Christian this they would almost always say
To lead a good life. Although this is not wrong it is the very very basic requirement.
But if you were to look at the average Christian male. almost all fail on a daily basis with the smallest of things. Like road rage hating the nieghbours. the list is endless really on where the average Christian falls down. So are fine with neighbours some dont have anger issues. But there is things that we all fall into continually. So even on the basic requirment we fall all to often. Including the teachers/leaders/ministers/pastors.

I would say all of these failing comes from one thing and one thing only.
It comes from an unwillingness to die to self.

If we truly died to self. We would not get angry. You get angry because you are living for self.
Jelousy also comes from love of self, greed malice.anger all are love of self. Dieing to self means you can not get hurt by anyone. If you put your family berfore Christ. Thats self.
Money before Christ is self. all of the things we do that are wrong are all about self.

If you live for Christ when you rise each day. People can spit in your face and you will be hurt for them in there condition. Christ was never hurt for himself. He never said anything agaisnt us. We are hurt if someone makes us look a little silly. You see it every day even in these forums. I see adults act like children and it get deeper and deeper. all about self.

Christ lived and died for you. He askes the same of you.
Pick up your cross and follow me.
In other words I want you to live the same as I did. Love one and other forgiv one and other.
Love your enemys. I dont know a single Christians who does this or anything like it.
This is only one small subject of the few things I would like to speak about. I never got to the one I love most that cause so much hatred amoung the brethern.

This is enough from me today.
I'm actually preparing a curriculum for a Sunday school class I want to teach in my church that will be titled from the old Firesign Theater album: Everything you know is wrong.

It's about what you are discussing.

BTW, the reason I'm here is to both teach and learn, and get perspectives outside the bubble from which I get a lot of my teaching. Often this can only be done by discussing a topic with people who strongly disagree with you. But it needs to be civil, obviously.

Reactions: Johnsloan
Upvote 0

Inan3

Veteran Saint
Jul 22, 2007
West of the Mississippi
✟12,875.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry I dont agree with almost all you said. I believe its the opposite.
I believe It has nothing to do with sides. Thats a one off choise. But after that. We are to do the same works Jesus done. Full stop. And even greater. Or so Jesus said. Its good news not sheep and goats. YOU are to preach the GOOD NEW. Not hell not condemnation as there is none in Christ none.
I never came to condem the world Jeus said and we love to condem everyone to hell.

I agree with you, js! It seems people are getting side tracked with other teachings in the scriptures. While there are "sides" so to speak in the scriptures, light and darkness, sheep and goats, good and evil, believers and non-believers, etc. In reference to THIS post you are correct. Our purpose is to show forth the praises of HIM that has called us unto His glorious Kingdom. We are to preach Jesus and Him crucified not sin. We are to preach the gospel, which is love, joy, peace, righteousness in the Holy Ghost. People are always trying to point the finger at others without taking the beam out of their own eyes. The problem with that is they CAN'T see clearly. Jesus only rebuked those who were self-righteous, and the sinners He sat down and ate with and loved on them. He pardoned them, like the women caught in adultery, and said, "neither to I condemn you." The cowards who were accusing her and judging her ran away in light of their own sinfulness. Yes, He did say to go and sin no more but not because He was preaching "thou shalt not commit adultery!" , but rather, He was loving on her and warning her to stay away from the things that would harm her life. We can recognize and tell people that sin is destructive but when we are pointing the finger at people, we do no good. Jesus came and DID something for His enemies, for sinners. He gave His life for them. It is the GOODNESS of God that leads men to repentance NOT pointing the finger or accusing them. When we do that we will reap what we sow.

Rom 2:1 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.
Rom 2:2 But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things.
Rom 2:3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?
Rom 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the GOODNESS of God leadeth thee to repentance?

So it is best that we cling to that which is good and preach love and live mercifully.

Mic_6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Mat 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Mat 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Mat 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Mat 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Mat 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Mat 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Mat 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Mat 5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

So keep on preaching the good news and walking in love and mercy. Always walk humbly with your God because then IF you should go off a little in your walk, HE will bring you back to the straight and narrow. He doesn't need finger pointers to do that. He uses, firstly, His Spirit within you AND those who would walk in love, humility and mercy.

Jud 1:21 keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life.
Jud 1:22 And have mercy on those who doubt;
Jud 1:23 save others by snatching them out of the fire; to others show mercy with fear, hating even the garment stained by the flesh.

Heb 10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)
Heb 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
Heb 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Some people love to have the preeminence and they do so by trying to put others down and shuning the brethren because they think they are better and they try to get others to do the same.

Jn 1:9 I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not.
3Jn 1:10 Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church.
3Jn 1:11 Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.

1Pe 5:5 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
1Pe 5:6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
1Pe 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
1Pe 5:9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

Walking in the light is walking in love.

1Jn 2:9 He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
1Jn 2:10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.
1Jn 2:11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.
1Jn 3:11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
1Jn 3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.
1Jn 3:13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.
1Jn 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
1Jn 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
1Jn 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because He laid down His life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnsloan
Upvote 0