London
✟23,796.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i see you are here to cause strife.....No one called anyone pigs but you. I was in a conversation with a poster who posted an image of actually pigs, and we were discussing them.....and now you are calling sinners actually pigs? I think you should re-read your own OP as if you were the subject of it.
I never said I wasnt the subject of it. So please explian what the pigs are if its not the world?

Upvote 0

Johnsloan

Feb 12, 2018
London
✟23,796.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Holding the fort for Jesus, against the forces of darkness and those who allow darkness to flourish unopposed, within the body.

You are most welcome to join me.
Thats great . But what does that look like on a daily basis? See I have seen and heard all the talk from the body. the laungage is fantastic. But I dont see what most Christinas are talking.
I know what your talking about looks like in life on the street.
It would be great if you could help people see whay you are talking about with some testimonys about what your doing . As iy will encourage us on to greater things.
Gonna be great thanks.

• Useful
Reactions: The Times
Upvote 0

Monna

Feb 5, 2017
Oicha Beni
✟105,254.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't think you are considering the context. I was referring to the Christians denying themselves and carrying the cross, which is what Jesus told us to do before following Him. I was not referring to Jesus. I was merely referring to the logical fact IF anyone was "holy," in other words "sinless," then there is no need to deny him or herself because he or she will already be thinking the way God thinks.

No Joseph, I feel you may in fact being missing my point. Jesus is asking all of us to follow him - who himself, being holy, denied himself -
Philippians 2: 1-8
If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: but made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.​

Jesus was speaking to all who had decided or were in the process of deciding to follow him, and warning them of what was involved. But he never demanded anything of us (or them) that he was not prepared to do himself. If he who was HOLY was prepared to make himself of no reputation, become sin for us, and die on the cross, then we also should deny ourselves, and follow him. And as Paul admonished the Romans, we should daily be "living sacrifices" for him.

Jesus claimed that he came to show us the Father, that he did nothing that he hadn't seen the Father do. This means that even in his making himself of no reputation and becoming a servant and so on, he was mimicking the Father. It was precisely because he was holy and "thinking the way God thinks" that he left heaven and set out for the Cross - denying himself, taking up his cross, and leading his followers.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Raymond, I find this an unfair accusation of johnsloan! You most certainly DID call them pigs as seen by the quote below. Do not twist the words! You know what you were saying and so do we! Johnsloan was not trying to cause strife, he merely called you out on your own words as you so generously do to others!
Now I cannot respect any of your words. You can still send them, but they will be ignored. Not sure why you would like me to say I called people pigs.....not sure what joy you would get out of it....but i see nothing wrong with it. I just do not see any benefits in lying.

The poster i replied to mentioned rolling with "them" in a pig trough.
role with them in the pig trough of the world?

And underneath had a pretty cool picture of actually pigs eating money. Not for one second did I believe he was saying anything negative about sinner, nor was he saying pigs were people. I actually linked it to the "pearls to the swine" statements of Jesus. But I and understand why your first thoughts are negative.

I continued the analogy, because I thought it mad sense to the points being made.

But I forget that there are people whose jobs it is to find wrong in others. And you will keep finding it until you realize that the wrong you see in actually coming from within and not without.

Upvote 0

Monna

Feb 5, 2017
Oicha Beni
✟105,254.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"... all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God," (Romans 3:23)

It has occurred to me that this is referring to the fact that God created mankind in his image, his likeness - and that as different from the rest of the living created beings we were imbued with some type of comparative glory. We were, so to speak, the glory of the creation, the crown jewels, the pinnacle.

But Adam and Even sinned, and fell short. And we are all replicas of Adam AND Eve - we all sin and fall short of all God intended us to be. In doing so we have also insulted his image in our lives, we have belittled all the good (of every sort) that God intended that we should accomplish here on earth, that we have not achieved the measure of his intention as provided through the talents, gifts and opportunities he has given us.

Of course we can't achieve all this on our own. We must let Him take over and live his life in us, ...

Ephesians 4:13
till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ.

This, IMHO, is what I have come to believe we are here for ... to be all God meant us to be - as individuals, and as reflections of himself through the transformative work of Jesus Christ in us, and collectively as the loving body of Christ.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I never said I wasnt the subject of it. So please explian what the pigs are if its not the world?
Did you find post 54 offensive? I didnt. I thought I was suppose to be the pig eating money with the other pigs of the world. Yet I thought it was a cool picture and analogy. I then continued it in my reply.....stating that If I am the pig and I only look at the pigs next to me and talk about their smells etc....and never look at myself.....I will never be clean.....and never realize that the smell I smell could be coming from me.

I was the pig in the post i replied to and felt no offense or any notion that I was an actually pig.....yet you find fault and want to cause issue with my continuing to use myself in a pig analogy?

Does this mean you have more of Christ and i have less since I chose to see nothing wrong with it and you chose to find fault?

Also, did you understand the pearls to the swine statement of Jesus to be offensive? IS it a bad thing to be that swine.....or is it the same as the position of not putting more on you than you can bear?

Upvote 0

Johnsloan

Feb 12, 2018
London
✟23,796.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did you find post 54 offensive? I didnt. I thought I was suppose to be the pig eating money with the other pigs of the world. Yet I thought it was a cool picture and analogy. I then continued it in my reply.....stating that If I am the pig and I only look at the pigs next to me and talk about their smells etc....and never look at myself.....I will never be clean.....and never realize that the smell I smell could be coming from me.

I was the pig in the post i replied to and felt no offense or any notion that I was an actually pig.....yet you find fault and want to cause issue with my continuing to use myself in a pig analogy?

Does this mean you have more of Christ and i have less since I chose to see nothing wrong with it and you chose to find fault?

Also, did you understand the pearls to the swine statement of Jesus to be offensive? IS it a bad thing to be that swine.....or is it the same as the position of not putting more on you than you can bear?
Was this an after thought? You rplied twice now and never said that the first time. I do see you are very easily offended and a little attack minded. So your a prime example of what this post is all about.

• Friendly
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Like I said before, we're here to come to learn the value of love, the nature of God Himself, over and against the evil and selfishness and sin that prevails in this world and that so easily grows and causes harm to each other. With love we overlook and overcome the bickering, the envy, the strife, the jealousy, the pride that weakens and sickens us even as it promises to enlighten and fulfill and empower us. We're here to start looking inside, rather than at each other which is what we naturally tend to do, to find our own imperfections, with God's patient help, so they may be rooted out. Love is the definition of holiness or righteousness for man; it's what makes us just. And this begins with faith, a turning to Him and away from ourselves. Creation brings glory to God as it reflects His image.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Was this an after thought? You rplied twice now and never said that the first time. I do see you are very easily offended and a little attack minded. So your a prime example of what this post is all about.
Yes, you are correct. Thank you for the conversation and correction. Continue as you were.

• Agree
Reactions: Johnsloan
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
@Johnsloan

Why we are here for? Is to pick sides, that is to choose good as opposed to evil, God as opposed to Satan, Jesus as opposed to me,family,friends,world.

Jesus summarised why we are here for as follows.......

“Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.

Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

34Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.35For I have come to turn “ ‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

36a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’

We are being separated from the world and therefore do not cleave to it, for when we cleave to the world, the love of God is not in us, instead the love of the world is what we want, a fan fair so to speak.

The western mindset always interprets the words of Jesus in their opposite meanings, why?

They read the following and ascribe it to loving the sinners of the world instead of being separated from them.

29“The most important one,”answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. 30Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”

32“Well said, teacher,” the man replied. “You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him. 33To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.

34When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.

The loving of neighbor is not saying to love sinners. Loving a neighbor covers a multitude of sin offerings according to what the man said to Jesus. Jesus affirmed his connecting the word loving neighbor with covering a multitude of personal sins.

However, Jesus is saying, do not harm them, in other words no retribution. In Jewish law it was an eye for an eye, retailotory, ie stoning etc. Jesus says somewhere else to love your enemies, does not mean to cleave to them, do onto others what you want others to do onto you, is saying don't go out of your way to pay back evil with evil.

It comes down to the personal choices you make to be separated from the workings and networks of this world. The misconception amongst western thinking is, that it is not so much what you do, rather where you stand, that is the side you have chosen. Every choice we make is either for Jesus or for us. Somewhere else Jesus says hate your father and mother, does not mean hate, in the same way it does not mean to love your enemies. It simply means chose God, so that you don't make your parents, the be all in your life.

Why are we here for? becomes plain. We are here to choose sides and to separate ourselves from the self, the world and all that will make Jesus second to our personal activities.

When we choose to love and to cleave to sinners, we are choosing sinners over and above Jesus. When we choose we establish the very purpose of why we are here for. So when we feed and cloth the poor, we are doing it for Jesus, not so that we cleave or to commune with them, but to choose Jesus.

Why we are here for? Is to choose sides, good as opposed to evil, Jesus as opposed to me, family, friends, world, God as opposed to Satan.

If we become friends with the world we are choosing the world over and above Jesus. Jesus asked the rich boy to leave his riches and to follow him, which was a choice he made to hold onto his wealth.

To pickup our crosses is to choose Jesus.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Petros2015
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I stopped at "Most of them are wrong on most things". Sorry just WHO are you again? :)

I know what is written. I know the CALL He gave to ALL of us. I can only speak for ME. I always prayed to see people through His eyes and 15 years after all that asking He answered and show'd me. He came died forgave all. All without Christ are lost forever. So..WHO is going to tell them just what this GOD came died rose AMEN GLORY TO JESUS did? Fact.. He does not need ANYONE of us to save anyone. HE can do ALL of this Him alone. This is written. He chooses to use us. NO one but no one comes to Him by drawn by the sweet sweet Holy spirit.

This is my hearts desire. Never has anything to do with what is written. See I hunger cry out long for to KNOW HIM. Knowing I can NEVER yet forever will be knowing Him. This is not what I read..but what He personally shares with me. I asked for this...He freely shared it. And.. just as tiny as you can get.. is ALL I can grasp. His love is so great so deep so wide..no one can understand or even begin to comprehend it.

Now you... He thought of before this world was...for YOU He made ALL of this for. As if YOU were the only one that would ever believe. He will hold you and NEVER LET GO. This He has longed for. He will tell you that YOU are the most special thing to Him. He can not lie. You will be standing with countless others..yet YOU are the only one He sees. Yet.. as GOD He does this for EACH. How I do not know...yet.. it gives you such JOY that He does this for each. What a AWESOME WONDERFUL MERCIFUL FULL OF GRACE creator.. GOD Father.. brother savior we have. We have no CLUE as to what we MEAN to Him.

• Winner
Reactions: The Times
Upvote 0

Johnsloan

Feb 12, 2018
London
✟23,796.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Johnsloan

Why we are here for? Is to pick sides, that is to choose good as opposed to evil, God as opposed to Satan, Jesus as opposed to me,family,friends,world.

Jesus summarised why we are here for as follows.......

“Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.

Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

34Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.35For I have come to turn “ ‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

36a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’

We are being separated from the world and therefore do not cleave to it, for when we cleave to the world, the love of God is not in us, instead the love of the world is what we want, a fan fair so to speak.

The western mindset always interprets the words of Jesus in their opposite meanings, why?

They read the following and ascribe it to loving the sinners of the world instead of being separated from them.

29“The most important one,”answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. 30Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”

32“Well said, teacher,” the man replied. “You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him. 33To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.

34When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.

The loving of neighbor is not saying to love sinners. Loving a neighbor covers a multitude of sin offerings according to what the man said to Jesus. Jesus affirmed his connecting the word loving neighbor with covering a multitude of personal sins.

However, Jesus is saying, do not harm them, in other words no retribution. In Jewish law it was an eye for an eye, retailotory, ie stoning etc. Jesus says somewhere else to love your enemies, does not mean to cleave to them, do onto others what you want others to do onto you, is saying don't go out of your way to pay back evil with evil.

It comes down to the personal choices you make to be separated from the workings and networks of this world. The misconception amongst western thinking is, that it is not so much what you do, rather where you stand, that is the side you have chosen. Every choice we make is either for Jesus or for us. Somewhere else Jesus says hate your father and mother, does not mean hate, in the same way it does not mean to love your enemies. It simply means chose God, so that you don't make your parents, the be all in your life.

Why are we here for? becomes plain. We are here to choose sides and to separate ourselves from the self, the world and all that will make Jesus second to our personal activities.

When we choose to love and to cleave to sinners, we are choosing sinners over and above Jesus. When we choose we establish the very purpose of why we are here for. So when we feed and cloth the poor, we are doing it for Jesus, not so that we cleave or to commune with them, but to choose Jesus.

Why we are here for? Is to choose sides, good as opposed to evil, Jesus as opposed to me, family, friends, world, God as opposed to Satan.

If we become friends with the world we are choosing the world over and above Jesus. Jesus asked the rich boy to leave his riches and to follow him, which was a choice he made to hold onto his wealth.

To pickup our crosses is to choose Jesus.
Sorry I dont agree with almost all you said. I believe its the opposite.
I believe It has nothing to do with sides. Thats a one off choise. But after that. We are to do the same works Jesus done. Full stop. And even greater. Or so Jesus said. Its good news not sheep and goats. YOU are to preach the GOOD NEW. Not hell not condemnation as there is none in Christ none.
I never came to condem the world Jeus said and we love to condem everyone to hell.

Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Sorry I dont agree with almost all you said. I believe its the opposite.
I believe It has nothing to do with sides. Thats a one off choise. But after that. We are to do the same works Jesus done. Full stop. And even greater. Or so Jesus said. Its good news not sheep and goats. YOU are to preach the GOOD NEW. Not hell not condemnation as there is none in Christ none.
I never came to condem the world Jeus said and we love to condem everyone to hell.

What part of "Do not think that I came to bring peace to the earth; I came not to bring peace, but a sword.", don't you understand, within a Jewish context of culture.

You can not just impose your western cultural primary discourses upon what Jesus said and to make his words say, something that they were never meant to say in the first place.

Many times Jesus would instruct his sheep to be separated from the world, Jesus said I have plucked you out of the world, the Spirit who is in you is separate from the world and you must choose me above you, above your parents, above all and this is what is meant to carry your cross.

The rich young man made a choice to hold onto his wealth, instead of carrying his cross and choosing Jesus.

In your heart, God be your judge, if you were to choose between Jesus and the forfeiture of your wealth, what would it be?

Only God knows right?
But deep down, you also know!

Jesus reminds us of the two sides to choose.....

Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.22Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

What is the will of the Father?

Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. (Pentecost Context)

The love of the Son is not works based, but is a choice made in the heart of a born of the Spirit believer who has chosen Jesus over everything else.

So what are we here for?

Simple, as I had given you my testimony and you in reply put a laughing emoji. It is when I chose Jesus over and above what the world offered me, this meant that I chose Jesus instead of Free Masonry and in this respect rather than being a CEO of an engineering company, earning lots of money, I became a zero within the society of this world.

Have you chosen to be in a fraternity like Free Masonry?

If so, then you already consciously made your choice and what you chose, is become your purpose in life, irrespective of what works you would have done to boast about, as in the Lord Lord have I not done this and that.

Do you see your dilemma friend?

So, why are YOU here for? Is my question to you, which side have you already chosen friend?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
would say all of these failing comes from one thing and one thing only.
It comes from an unwillingness to die to self.

If we truly died to self. We would not get angry. You get angry because you are living for self.
Dying to self is very important. Taking yourself off your throne and putting Jesus there.
The Apostle Paul died to himself, yet he struggled with sin. He said he did things he did not want to do because it was sin that dwelled in the members of his flesh.
Becoming a Christian doesn't mean you all of sudden replicate Jesus and walk around loving and forgiving with a perfect disposition. We become born again, but spiritual growth takes a lifetime. This is sanctification, dying to yourself daily, it's not just a one time thing. There is a spiritual war going on. Our flesh wars against our spirit. We have still two natures until we physically die and are separated from our flesh.
Welcome to Christianity, we aren't perfect, we all struggle with sin, even though we died to sin. Our old ways sometimes aren't erased as readily as we would prefer. There are infant Christians and mature Christians and many in between.

Jelousy also comes from love of self, greed malice.anger all are love of self. Dieing to self means you can not get hurt by anyone. If you put your family berfore Christ. Thats self.
Money before Christ is self. all of the things we do that are wrong are all about self.
"... For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God ..." Exodus 20:5
Here's a site that includes 25 verses expressing God's anger: 25 Bible verses about Anger Of God, Consequences
Dying to yourself does not mean you have an impenetrable emotional shield so that no one can hurt you -- don't fool yourself.

If you live for Christ when you rise each day. People can spit in your face and you will be hurt for them in there condition. Christ was never hurt for himself. He never said anything agaisnt us. We are hurt if someone makes us look a little silly. You see it every day even in these forums. I see adults act like children and it get deeper and deeper. all about self.
True, we are not perfected -- yet.
"But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control." Gal. 5:22
Each area on this list takes time to grow. Like a seed plant in our hearts (Christ), we must water that seed to give it nourishment (read the Bible, pray, go to church), otherwise it will wither and die. The seed that's planted in fertile soil grows to maturity. The Holy Spirit takes up residence in us to grow each and every one of these areas. Some of us have some areas or maturity and others different areas. It is nice to meet someone who is mature in most areas, but sin trips them up once in awhile too. God is still working on my patience. And as you said the most difficult is loving your enemy.
Just because we fail doesn't mean we aren't Christians. A pastor once told me, when you fall, fall forward, get up and get back on the path.
I think you need to realize that God has got everything under control. He is right on schedule with all who are written in the book of Life. That is not our doing, it is His.
Let me say one thing that you need to get, HE MAKES US HOLY. We don't, and we can't. If it was left up to us, we would fail. So it is Christ working in us towards Christ-likeness. And when we die, we leave our flesh and our pure spirit is presented to the Father without blemish. You see a part of us has been cleansed, our spirit.

The Old Temple was actually a diagram of the soul and spirit of a man.
Pull up a diagram of the Old Temple. It is a template of our New Temple.
*Jesus is our High Priest and Sacrificial lamb who enters into our hearts. His blood cleanses us of sin.
*The veil is lifted (torn) when the Word enters and we believe.
*The Most Holy Place is where the Holy Spirit dwells at the time of regeneration. This is our spiritual compartment. The Law is written in our hearts.
*The Holy Place represents our soul; is composed of our mind, will and emotions.
*The spirit and soul together are the heart of man.
*The courtyard represents our body. Our soul and body are where sin dwells. (but not in our spirits)
*The Table and Showbread contained the bread and wine that represents our fellowship (communion) with God.
* The Lamp stand was always lit. It represents righteousness and since Jesus is the Light, we are able to see spiritually. The Church is also the lamp stand that we are part of.
*The Bronze Laver was used for cleansing before entering the tabernacle to perform sacrifices. It represents the cleansing of the new believer, the baptism by water and our willingness to receive forgiveness and spiritual cleansing.

Pick up your cross and follow me.
In other words I want you to live the same as I did. Love one and other forgiv one and other.
Love your enemys. I dont know a single Christians who does this or anything like it.
Someday you will. That is a tough one though. But there are many. Most of us at best will turn the cheek. I have tried doing that on several occasions and the hostility towards me stopped immediately as if the Holy Spirit was upon me giving dispersing peace. I felt calm and did not respond with anger or fear but compassion towards the person. It worked. This was not me. I can't take full credit. No, it was God doing it. He thwarted evil that might have cost me my life or at least a bunch in the face. The aggressor was swearing, in my face, with uncontrollable anger. The words that came out of my mouth diffused his anger like Jesus was right there calming the demon and telling him to come out.
Yes, we need to have stronger faith in order to do this - but again, God helps us as soon as we step forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnsloan
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Dear brothers and sisters.......

Why are we here for?

Is to either choose Jesus or the world, that includes the self, which means you.

So either individuals will make Jesus their main attraction or their side attraction.

Many and I mean many sincere and well meaning individuals have relied upon their emulating Jesus's works, whilst having him as a side attraction. They will be sorely disappointed, because in this temporal life, we are only passer byers, that is just visitors, here today, gone tomorrow.

So the question remains, why are we here for?

Thankyou!

Upvote 0

Johnsloan

Feb 12, 2018
London
✟23,796.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So what are we here for?

Simple, as I had given you my testimony and you in reply put a laughing emoji. It is when I chose Jesus over and above what the world offered me, this meant that I chose Jesus instead of Free Masonry and in this respect rather than being a CEO of an engineering company, earning lots of money, I became a zero within the society of this world.

Have you chosen to be in a fraternity like Free Masonry?

If so, then you already consciously made your choice and what you chose, is become your purpose in life, irrespective of what works you would have done to boast about, as in the Lord Lord have I not done this and that.

Do you see your dilemma friend?

So, why are YOU here for? Is my question to you, which side have you already chosen friend?

Which thread did I put in a laughing emoji? Please quote the post number. I have put one emoji in this thread for a post in which you have nothing but a "." full stop.

There is nothing wrong with being a CEO of a company and making hugh amounts of money. satan wants you poor. God leaves you to it, How can you bless anyone if you have no money. God never asked you to become zero. You have no scripture telling you what you think God called you to. God will not pat you on the back for what you choose to do there.

Ok I will answer the question that I asked everyone to look at. I dont care where everyone is. I am not asking so you all can tell me. Its about us as a group looking at where we are. understanding whats available to us. We as a body have almost zero clue what we are here for. And I never seen anything in here to change my thoughts on this matter. If we are to count all the differnt thing that every one said. There are many many differnt things and ideas of why we are here. Its gone haywire.

In a nut shell we are here to represent Christ and do exactly what he done. Crushing the works of satan setting the catives free. healing the sick, feeding the poor. ON the treet where they are. prostitutes single parants unmarried girls with 1 or 10 kids. It is simple what we are here for. But you wont find the power in Church. You dont get taught about healing in Church. You dont hear about Christians doing what we are commanded to do. As I said in th eOP the leaders dont know. They cant preach strong on anything thing as they never seen anything work. They are still stuck on basic sin and believing we are all just lowly sinners. Which is not true.

No I am not in any frternitys or the satanic masons. But I do love all the people who are in the masons.
I love witches and satan whorshippers to. That poor fools dont know satan hates them and God loves them.

Lol I dont have a dilemma. Now that is funny.

Why am I here.
Tell ya why. Heres an example.
Last night a woman phoned me. She said hello its Cath. Thank you very much. I am now off all my morphine, I havent felt this good since 7 years.
A guy in church found his spine striaghten out and grow 2 inches taller. After I prayed for him. Hes had walking sticks which he had to move up to hole number 5. They were in hole number 3 for many years, I seen the marks on the sticks where the old adjustment was.

See the biggest problem we have with all the being nice stopping sinning and all the other thing that I read here. There is Zero power in any of that. We are heere to do what Christ did. We are here to grow into him. We are here to love our fellow man. We are here to preach the GOOD NEWS. Not the depressing bad news, Your heart will reveal what you like to preach. I like to preach we can do what jesus done. I like to preach the good news of salvation in its fullness. Catch that. IN its fullness. I dont think anyone in here knows what that is. But lets wait and see. I think the girl
Inan3 Is very close to knowing it if she doesnt already know. her hearts wide open and so is her eyes.

Last night I went to pray for a guy who has a tumor in his broncle tube. and cancer in his right lung.

Thats what we are here for. To destroty the works of satan and restore the kingdom now.

Upvote 0

Johnsloan

Feb 12, 2018
London
✟23,796.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear brothers and sisters.......

Why are we here for?

Is to either choose Jesus or the world, that includes the self, which means you.

So either individuals will make Jesus their main attraction or their side attraction.

Many and I mean many sincere and well meaning individuals have relied upon their emulating Jesus's works, whilst having him as a side attraction. They will be sorely disappointed, because in this temporal life, we are only passer byers, that is just visitors, here today, gone tomorrow.

So the question remains, why are we here for?

Thankyou!
Wiether we choose jesus or not has nothing to do with why we are here or what we are here for.
Man chief end is to glorify God.
You as a Christian are here to destroty the works of satan.
Believers will lay hands on the sick and they will be healed.
satan came to steal kill and destroy.
Jesus came to bring life. and life more abundant.
More abundant than what. Than what we beliving. Under the curse of sin. Christ set us free and paid first at the whipping post for your body to be whole.
Then the cross where your sin was paid for in full.
Now we are to go and imitate Him in all things, and set the captives free.
Dont you know Jesus said. You will do even greater works than the ones I done. Jesus said.
This is what we are here for its crystal clear.

You aint passed bye yet. so do what we are told to do. Go preach the good news about the blind see and the deaf hear.
Salvation is here the way to the Father is paid for. Your in and NOT out as some love to preach.

Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Man chief end is to glorify God.

God doesn't want us coming to him in our own name and by our own works. God only sees the Son, as it is written kiss the Son. So choosing Jesus is what it is all about and we are subjects of Jesus and this is what it means to carry our crosses.

If it is not about Jesus as you say, then there is no salvation at all, without the individual being the subject of Jesus, as his prisoner.

Why we are here for?

Is to choose Jesus in place of the world, which includes the self, family, friends, wealth and the rest of the things that would make us otherwise subjects to those things, where our hearts lay.

As in Corinthians, Jesus must reign making subjects until he defeats the final enemy. If you don't see that as the one and only choice, then you're harbouring another gospel friend. No pun intended.

Upvote 0

Johnsloan

Feb 12, 2018
London
✟23,796.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God doesn't want us coming to him in our own name and by our own works. God only sees the Son, as it is written kiss the Son. So choosing Jesus is what it is all about and we are subjects of Jesus and this is what it means to carry our crosses.

If it is not about Jesus as you say, then there is no salvation at all, without the individual being the subject of Jesus, as his prisoner.

Why we are here for?

Is to choose Jesus in place of the world, which includes the self, family, friends, wealth and the rest of the things that would make us otherwise subjects to those things, where our hearts lay.

As in Corinthians, Jesus must reign making subjects until he defeats the final enemy. If you don't see that as the one and only choice, then you're harbouring another gospel friend. No pun intended.

I asked you to quote where I luaghed at your testimony as YOU accused me? Please quote me the post number.

Now you accused me of saying"If it is not about Jesus as you say,"

Please quote me where I said its not about Jesus?

Its not cool to start misquoting me. I believe you sighed the agreement before coming to this section of the forums. So either quote me on both of these issues or you are in breach of the forum rules.
And more importantly misrepresenting Christ.
You are trying to move the thread away from what we are actully talking about. I see this all to often.

Upvote 0