• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (24)

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am really struggling
Nothing helps. I feel so horrible.
I feel so miserable.
I want to quit everything.
I'm not good enough.
I can't do this anymore.
I'm tired of pretending everything's ok.
I wish something wasn't wrong w/ me.
I want to cry
I wasn't good enough.
Nothing changes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ChristopherC

Servant
Jan 16, 2022
Michigan
✟9,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I am really struggling
I feel so miserable.
I'm not good enough.
I can't do this anymore.
I want to cry
I wasn't good enough.
Nothing changes.

Hey DragonFox91, I'm struggling too. I was also born in '91 and also live in Michigan, my whole life I have actually. Kinda crazy. I was going to send you a private message but I don't see where I am able too. You can send me one if you want too.

Upvote 0

Richie$

Mar 2, 2022
South Carolina
✟11,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am really struggling
I feel so miserable.
I'm not good enough.
I can't do this anymore.
I want to cry
I wasn't good enough.
Nothing changes.

Hello, Dragon fox.
I want you to know that you are not alone. I too have been struggling with feelings of anxiety, depression, and worthlessness. But, we need to remember that these are lies from Satan. I want you to know that you're not fighting anxiety or depression, but you're actually fighting Satan. And the best way to fight Satan is with the Word of God and by staying in close communion with God. When you're alone, I encourage you to talk to God out loud about all that's on your mind and what you're feeling. Then, thank Him for anything that comes to mind. Finally, I encourage you to be bold and speak out against Satan. Remind him that you are a child of God and that he is powerless against Him. Boldly proclaim that you will have joy and peace again through the power and grace of Jesus. Even when you can't feel, still proclaim it. This is something that has helped me today as I have been dealing with severe depression and anxiety, to the point of barely eating and being sick to my stomach.
Lastly, I encourage you to listen to worship music frequently, especially during these hard times. Below is a link to a podcast about anxiety and depression. A member of my church shared it with me after I talked to them about my struggles with anxiety. I found it very helpful, and I hope it will help you too. Keep fighting the good fight Dragon fox. ☺️

https://the-happy-hour-with-jamie-i...9-attacking-anxiety-with-pastor-shawn-johnson

• Friendly
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

Burn The Ships

Warrior
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2022
Ohio
✟57,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I am quite anxious at the present moment.

My grandmother, who is like a mother to me, is in the ER with heart issues. She is the reason I am alive- and I'm not just saying that.

She saved me from a terrible situation. And I could never thank her enough.

I love her more than anyone else in the world. And I don't know what I would do without her. I would be completely lost.

Please pray. For her good- not for my need for her.

Thank you so much.

You are truly a blessing <3

xx Zee

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hey DragonFox91, I'm struggling too. I was also born in '91 and also live in Michigan, my whole life I have actually. Kinda crazy. I was going to send you a private message but I don't see where I am able too. You can send me one if you want too.
Cool. I am in Grand Rapids. If you ever want to meet.

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,007,133.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

You don't have enough posts right now. Once you have twenty, that option should open for you. :)

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That's neat Dragon.

What is your favorite thing about your city?
Grand Rapids is good-sized, not too big, not too small. It's your Middle America. Plus it's an hour from the beautiful beaches of Lake Michigan.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChristopherC

Servant
Jan 16, 2022
Michigan
✟9,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Cool. I am in Grand Rapids. If you ever want to meet.

I actually had been staying in GR for the last few weeks but I just left GR on Tuesday but if we could make plans sometime that would be cool. I have friends in GR & Rockford and family in Greenville/Belding so I will be that way from time to time. I'm in my hometown of Edmore which is an hour away for for a few more days though before I go back to my house in Metro Detroit. You always lived out in GR? I like it out there, more so than the heavy Metro Detroit traffic, and not as small as Kzoo per say where everything gets old quick. More people of faith and more conservative too per capita. I love taking our boat to Grand Haven, and I have family who keep their boat there.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I actually had been staying in GR for the last few weeks but I just left GR on Tuesday but if we could make plans sometime that would be cool. I have friends in GR & Rockford and family in Greenville/Belding so I will be that way from time to time. I'm in my hometown of Edmore which is an hour away for for a few more days though before I go back to my house in Metro Detroit. You always lived out in GR? I like it out there, more so than the heavy Metro Detroit traffic, and not as small as Kzoo per say where everything gets old quick. More people of faith and more conservative too per capita. I love taking our boat to Grand Haven, and I have family who keep their boat there.
Yep, I have always lived in GR. I went to college in Kzoo tho. I've never heard of Edmore.
I'm glad you like GR. It seems like Detroiters (& Chicagoans) always think it's too small.
My family vacations in Grand Haven every summer!

Upvote 0

ChristopherC

Servant
Jan 16, 2022
Michigan
✟9,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Yep, I have always lived in GR. I went to college in Kzoo tho. I've never heard of Edmore.
I'm glad you like GR. It seems like Detroiters (& Chicagoans) always think it's too small.
My family vacations in Grand Haven every summer!

I went to college and lived in Kzoo until I graduated myself; are you a Bronco too?! I graduated in Dec. '13, heck we may have crossed paths already! Edmore is North and a little East of GR. It is a small village; I grew up in the country so I dislike heavy traffic that some are accustomed to out in Metro Detroit. I use to travel to the Northern Chicago Suburbs for work. I know that Chicago's traffic is ranked right behind New York and LA and maybe I just got lucky, but I always thought it was much better than Detroit given how much bigger of metropolitan area it is.

Love love love Grand Haven. Ever go anywhere else on the Lake Michigan lakeshore?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I went to college and lived in Kzoo until I graduated myself; are you a Bronco too?! I graduated in Dec. '13, heck we may have crossed paths already! Edmore is North and a little East of GR. It is a small village; I grew up in the country so I dislike heavy traffic that some are accustomed to out in Metro Detroit. I use to travel to the Northern Chicago Suburbs for work. I know that Chicago's traffic is ranked right behind New York and LA and maybe I just got lucky, but I always thought it was much better than Detroit given how much bigger of metropolitan area it is.

Love love love Grand Haven. Ever go anywhere else on the Lake Michigan lakeshore?
Ha ha yes I am a Bronco. I agree we may've crossed paths already! But I don't recognize your face. :/

So you have been struggling too?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ChristopherC

Servant
Jan 16, 2022
Michigan
✟9,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
It's a probably a good thing you don't recognize my face. I was not brought up to be a follower of Christ so I was not one in college so I do not think I would have been much of a good influence. I do still have one friend from WMU who wants me around though so I did make a small positive difference in his life I suppose.

That was a long time ago now. Good chance we probably were at the same vicinity at one point; faces are hard to remember without interaction. I double majored with minors, lived on campus, and worked 3-5 campus jobs every semester. I took REL1000 and passed both the Catholic and Protestant sections with A's so I thought I did not need church because I "knew" enough and said I was a Christian. I was also arrogant from being quite successful as a 16 time scholarship/grant recipient and had multiple job offers before graduation.

Well my world came tumbling down several years ago, not to long after graduation. Little did I know taking that class would eventually be a small spark that led to a long journey of finding out I needed a relationship with Christ. I accepted Christ four years ago now. However, I still struggle. I am suffering the consequences of the wrong decisions of the past. I am recognizing I have a lot of mental health issues and I need help. My upbringing and my past decisions have given me anxiety, PTSD and a depression that tries to make me feel hopeless. My friend in Rockford may be the only Christian friend I have so I can definitely use more Christian friends and any positive friends in general really.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It's a probably a good thing you don't recognize my face. I was not brought up to be a follower of Christ so I was not one in college so I do not think I would have been much of a good influence. I do still have one friend from WMU who wants me around though so I did make a small positive difference in his life I suppose.

That was a long time ago now. Good chance we probably were at the same vicinity at one point; faces are hard to remember without interaction. I double majored with minors, lived on campus, and worked 3-5 campus jobs every semester. I took REL1000 and passed both the Catholic and Protestant sections with A's so I thought I did not need church because I "knew" enough and said I was a Christian. I was also arrogant from being quite successful as a 16 time scholarship/grant recipient and had multiple job offers before graduation.

Well my world came tumbling down several years ago, not to long after graduation. Little did I know taking that class would eventually be a small spark that led to a long journey of finding out I needed a relationship with Christ. I accepted Christ four years ago now. However, I still struggle. I am suffering the consequences of the wrong decisions of the past. I am recognizing I have a lot of mental health issues and I need help. My upbringing and my past decisions have given me anxiety, PTSD and a depression that tries to make me feel hopeless. My friend in Rockford may be the only Christian friend I have so I can definitely use more Christian friends and any positive friends in general really.
Interesting. I've always tried to follow Christ, I've always been a goody-goody. Sometimes it feels like you don't get anything out of it. In the Bible there's the Prodigal Son story. Most of the time the focus is on the Prodigal Son & how he returns. I feel like I relate more to the other son, the other son does everything right then has to watch the father throw his brother a big feast & get everything restored to him.
In addition to that I have had struggles w/ anxiety. I've come a long ways but in some ways I feel it's never enough. It impacts you & you carry scars from it even if you make progress. While everyone else is having fun & growing up, you are way behind & trying to catch up.

Upvote 0

ChristopherC

Servant
Jan 16, 2022
Michigan
✟9,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Interesting. I've always tried to follow Christ, I've always been a goody-goody. Sometimes it feels like you don't get anything out of it. In the Bible there's the Prodigal Son story. Most of the time the focus is on the Prodigal Son & how he returns. I feel like I relate more to the other son, the other son does everything right then has to watch the father throw his brother a big feast & get everything restored to him.
In addition to that I have had struggles w/ anxiety. I've come a long ways but in some ways I feel it's never enough. It impacts you & you carry scars from it even if you make progress. While everyone else is having fun & growing up, you are way behind & trying to catch up.

Well I just learned do not accidently hit the back button because you will lose your message if you just hit forward! I find that intriguing that you feel like that. I myself have never thought to relate to the prodigal son because since I was brought up in a family that followed ungodly things I sorta felt like I was not God's to begin with. However, I know we all are, especially before we reach the age of accountability.

I've regretted not sticking to my goody goody friends when I was a child. I feel like my life would be a lot better. I wish I would have grown up in a Christian family too. When I gave up my goody goody friends up for my partying friends, sure they got me to play football with them but I am not sure if 6 years of playing school football has done me any good long term in life. None of my friends and I talk now. However, all my old goody goody friends are still tight with each other today. I wish I would have never dated as my relationships so far have been toxic. I'd rather lived a life where I was saved as a child, went to somewhere like Cornerstone or Spring Arbor instead of WMU, then went to seminary and would be working in full time ministry helping people. Instead I'm struggling to let God help me, help myself.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well I just learned do not accidently hit the back button because you will lose your message if you just hit forward! I find that intriguing that you feel like that. I myself have never thought to relate to the prodigal son because since I was brought up in a family that followed ungodly things I sorta felt like I was not God's to begin with. However, I know we all are, especially before we reach the age of accountability.

I've regretted not sticking to my goody goody friends when I was a child. I feel like my life would be a lot better. I wish I would have grown up in a Christian family too. When I gave up my goody goody friends up for my partying friends, sure they got me to play football with them but I am not sure if 6 years of playing school football has done me any good long term in life. None of my friends and I talk now. However, all my old goody goody friends are still tight with each other today. I wish I would have never dated as my relationships so far have been toxic. I'd rather lived a life where I was saved as a child, went to somewhere like Cornerstone or Spring Arbor instead of WMU, then went to seminary and would be working in full time ministry helping people. Instead I'm struggling to let God help me, help myself.
God doesn't require seminary school to be involved in ministry full time.

I would've loved to have gone to a school like Cornerstone or Calvin. I had wanted to go to one of them but my path led me to WMU. I don't regret it & I enjoyed my time there. It helped me beat a lot of my anxieties. But I think networking w/ all the believers at Cornerstone or Calvin would've been far more beneficial to me. For example I'm trying to become a part of a church here in GR but I feel like I'm on the outside, they're all Cornerstone or Calvin students/grads. I feel like an outsider still.

Upvote 0