• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (24)

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I found yesterday that someone who I didn't like died, by suicide. He was obnoxious to me in high school but I never expected him to kill himself. I last interacted with him years ago. Apparently he had gotten his third DUI, and apparently there is a "three strikes" rule where you go to jail if you are arrested for it three times.

I'm not really sad, just surprised. Is that weird or wrong? I didn't know him very well but he was from my past.

Everyone has their demons, even bullies. And I don't think it's bad or wrong. Everyone experiences grief and such in their own ways.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm getting that 'there's someone behind me' feeling again. It won't go away. I feel uneasy, uncomfortable. And it's always late at night.

Yes i know so well what you mean Firefly. However safety is a state of being that P.T.S.D suffers have little benefit from until they somehow learn to deal with their fears. Now i will tell you firefly how i deal with my fears and lay them to rest. i muster the courage to face my tormentors when i realise i'm in a panic attack and fear is my reality. You know what i mean when you can't breath any more from fright? Then get up, and step by step face you fears whatever they are, even when your hairs stand straight up your arms in the end persist, still do it any way, and then see the truth your fears lied - ascertain that everything is fine and fear was lying again.

Please be kind to yourself in the process and forgive yourself your falls. Honest each fear dies your fear when you do it like that and you never have to face the same fear twice, once you know the truth. Once i even addressed my would be murderer with God's peace, hairs straight up sweating from fear i walked ouside - and met thin air and never freaked his revenge - that he kill me if i squeaked about what happened - again. Little fears left about my assault now. Real ones i suppose, but not those unsafe ones anymore, or at least much less when i go psychotic they always come back but not otherwise.

i found that first we have to meet our fears, under our fear is our anger, and under our anger is our hurt. That is where you want to spend time Firefly, behind your fears and anger is you the one who got so badly hurt and needs lots of love and goodwill. Much love your way finding your hurting one there and even more love to pass it on to her when you find her on the bottom of it all. Hurting so badly still.

Peace.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just had a meltdown. A mixture of anger and anxiety of possibly having my good works being burned up on the judgement day because I often tell people what I do, even if the main intention is to earn reward in Heaven. The sugar and caffeine withdrawal certainly ain't helping.

View attachment 209730
Don't think of it as getting rewards and avoiding punishment. I think God looks at our whole lives and sees how we lived them regardless of how many good deeds we did. Some people live lives that seem unfulfilling but God loves them and is proud of what they did because they followed Him.

The burning metaphor as I recall is a way of saying that all of the outward, petty things about our lives are stripped away, and God judges what is left--our souls and the very nature of who we are. I think it's a bit complex for us humans to comprehend until it happens. I hope that offers some encouragement. Basically just don't feel bad and don't think of yourself as losing anything.

• Winner
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The thing is I don't quite know where he went or what happened to him. Maybe he changed, maybe he didn't. I just didn't think he would do something like that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just had a meltdown. A mixture of anger and anxiety of possibly having my good works being burned up on the judgement day because I often tell people what I do, even if the main intention is to earn reward in Heaven. The sugar and caffeine withdrawal certainly ain't helping.

View attachment 209730

Ephesians 2:8-10
" For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith – and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God – not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

See good works are from Heaven brother and God send them our Way when we obey Him, such works are the best ever and we can not loose them. For in those deeds we heed His truthfully loving voice inside and follow Him and do His bidding. Now art is one of those things God gifts us with. Doing art and saying more than words in truth can say is awesome stuff and God of course is the Creator of art and has your work prepared beforehand to perfect in Him and with Him that is the good thing of being with the truth in Him we can safely boast our every achievement and it will reap us a harvest as well of course. For doesn't the farmer get of the first fruits at all times? Best place your good works in Him and with Him and you be safe bro.

Now about other times when you don't walk with God yet, like perhaps in your anger and anxieties, please go and find Him as well, and also begin to produce good works in Him! You do that instead of freak your salvation, stay in Christ, and then you shall always have the last laugh in The End.

Peace.

Upvote 0

LoyalToGod

Prayer Warrior for Christ
Mar 21, 2012
New York, NY
✟53,695.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm back, and worse than ever...

I know that I said that I'm not coming back here anymore, but I don't know where else to turn. My year has been terrible so far. Whatever could go wrong, went catastrophically wrong, so to speak. Almost lost my computer, lost my last $51, had a horrible week last week, as well as a horrible time at the most recent wrestling event. On top of this all, I'm sick... Can things get any better?! :mad:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.