• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (24)

Kabin Sons

Oct 10, 2017
La Jolla
✟15,514.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Tempura said:
Finnish subtitles, english audio. Never dubbed. Well some cartoons may be dubbed for the kids, but that's it. Because I'm so used to subtitles, it doesn't take a special effort to read them - I mean that spoken english words aren't lost on me. The words, intonations and facial expressions

Thanks a lot for this, be BLESSED....

• Friendly
Reactions: Tempura
Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Been away from here again. I've been watching movies, hockey and thinking about stuff, and of course sleeping at the wrong hours. I hope you're all doing alright.

I went to see the new Blade Runner movie, twice. Such a wonderful feeling to see something like that in modern times. It's long, very slow and full of atmosphere, it respects its audience and their intellect. If some of you liked the old one, and never wanted a sequel for it (like me), most of you will be pleasantly surprised. It's not a christian movie by any means, but it makes you think about such things as soul and humanity.

Earlier this year I watched Scorsese's "Silence", I don't know if I said anything about it. It's a painful one to watch through, it's a living nightmare at times. But I think it's a movie about faith, about what faith truly is when it's stripped out of everything but its own essence. I haven't seen many movies handle that certain struggle about faith so well.

These two are some of my favorite movies I've seen in many years. Money well spent, I got something better in return - an experience to think about and reflect on myself.

God bless all of you.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Feelinging apprehensive and nervous facing hard times recently not over for a bit yet. Need to be strong! Been weak instead. Frustrating. Very frustrating.

Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Watched a movie at the theaters. It takes place at a college/university with parties and stuff. Something I'll never get to experience because of my disability...

View attachment 210006

They're not all that great. Just a bunch of 20-somethings getting wasted beyond belief and doing stupid things.

Upvote 0

Kabin Sons

Oct 10, 2017
La Jolla
✟15,514.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Press On said:
Two nights ago I dreamt I was applying for a job at our largest retailer, Walmart. It was like they were a secret society and I was taken to all these dark candle lit rooms and asked all kinds of esoteric and spiritual questions. They made me go through some ritual that I don't remember. They weren't in hooded robes but wearing those blue smocks they do in real life. I woke up laughing.^_^

Tonight I dreamt that I catch a big snack but somehow it bite me and I was shocked.
Get more info about the story.

Upvote 0

Press On

Giving up what I am to become what I will be.
May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Tonight I dreamt that I catch a big snack but somehow it bite me and I was shocked.
Get more info about the story.
I don’t even remember posting that. I’d better lay off the pizza before bedtime!^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i'm feeling happy that i slept 7 hours in one go last night. Over the last 6 months my sleep has slowly improved from 2 hours as first sleep to 6-7 that is a massive improvement. Now just those final few hours and not waking up feeling so sick all the time and life will finally become bearable.

i hope everyone else feels fine andis having a good weekend. Peace

• Prayers
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I had so many people tell me this and yet keep going to these kinds of parties, it's not even funny. It's like me going to Disneyland every weekend and telling the kids that it's nothing special and that they're not missing out on anything.

Unless I see it for myself, I don't need anymore people telling me the this again and again in an attempt to cease my bitterness about being an undesirable who would likely cause their party's prestige to take a dive.

yeah you extraverts are weird folks. you are funny online. who does not like funny people?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.