• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (24)

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Right now I am just feeling lost, helpless, abandoned, and alone.

That is awful. i hope things will look soon brighter for you again. To feel alone in an overfull world is ironically one of the worst afflictions people can suffer from.

Put your faith in His love He will never abandon you.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Right now I am just feeling lost, helpless, abandoned, and alone.
What does God's word have to say? Things like, "I will never leave you or forsake you". "The Son of Man came to seek and save the lost". "All who call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved". All of God's promises are yours in Christ. Feelings are a mist and a vapour. God's truth is unshakeable. Trusting in feelings is like building on sand.

Upvote 0

Salvadore

Feb 2, 2020
Nashville
✟40,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Go for it then. I'll try to get some sleep now, but if you reply, I'll reply back once I'm awake. God bless you, no fear.

I think, because I was raised by a mentally ill mother and a mostly absent father, that I have an abnormal view of God. Mother gave me the silent treatment quite often. I suppose my upbringing had quite an effect on how I experience God. I have read other posts from people who do not feel God listens and they feel rejected. This is very real and disturbing and I understand where they are coming from. This is something I live with and it is a burden. I just trust that God knows me and understands why I have behaved in the manner I have behaved in the past and in the present. I always wished I had "normal" loving parents, but I did not. I am not always depressed. I just have deep spiritual difficulties most of the time. It is difficult to explain, but I think there are others here who understand perfectly. I am thankful for this group.

Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I just trust that God knows me and understands why I have behaved in the manner I have behaved in the past and in the present.

He does, keep on trusting. He understands it well, and He also knew full well what He was doing when He gave us His Son. It wasn't because of anything good we did, it was simply about His goodness against our unrighteousness. In Jesus we have God for the ungodly, the righteous for sinners and the forgiveness of our sins.

When we grow in uncertainty and fear, that will follow us. It's like a dirty lens and we're seeing everything through it, it can make even good things seem bad. It's like a default emotional setting, we're wired to be anxious and we're always listening to our feelings as if they know best because we have been ruled by strong emotion from the start and we didn't quite learn to contain them. In religion, God can easily become just an extension of our already ill minds, and we can attribute to God all that is pressing us down, even if it's just our own broken heart or mind messing with us. That struggle is absolutely real. It's such a good thing that God isn't contained by our feelings, and we can trust in Him through everything, no matter how weak we feel our trust to be. God is and always will be better than whatever our burdens and regrets might suggest.

I have to tell myself pretty much every day that my ill feelings do not get to define God, and I don't have to run around after them. Being spiritual, for me, is not about feeling. Some feelings can be blessings, but I'd rather go to Christ as broken as I happen to be, and embrace Him in weakness and powerlessness. In the end I couldn't do anything else. I think it's about a certain kind of surrendering, a good kind. There can be peace in it. I found no peace in myself, in my own supposed goodness. It's just not there. I can not measure up, there is so much rot in me. God's heart is so much better than mine. When I can't feel it, I take it by faith, no matter how weak my faith might be.

God bless you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vieste
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think, because I was raised by a mentally ill mother and a mostly absent father, that I have an abnormal view of God. Mother gave me the silent treatment quite often. I suppose my upbringing had quite an effect on how I experience God.

i'm sorry to hear this is what you had to go through when you were young and that it still effects you today. There is help though, you don't have to remain a prisoner of your upbringing. i also came out severely damaged by my parents and suffered years taking their crap along with me. It is horrible what this does to God, it paints Him as a cruel dictator telling us what and what not to do. However i went to some good counselling and rebuild my whole psyche in and with the Lord. Amazing what a difference that makes.

See when we let the Word of God divine God for us then we come to a completely different God than our parents introduced us to. The God of the bible in Jesus Christ is our Heavenly Father who loves us unconditionally much 24/7. Serving such a God answers our prayers and brings us relief from our struggles.

Honest it has to do with your own mind set. When you let The Bible renew your mind about God and His love for you than you can walk away from your upbringing and even get good out of the bad you experienced.

It is amazing how close God is to me now and how quickly He answers my prayers. It has to do with getting to know Him who He truly is and putting our faith in His love.

Be of good courage your depression can be overcome with good counselling and letting the God of the bible rebuild you with His loving truth.

Peace.

To God's Depressed Child,

To think less of yourself then God's own
Brings you much pain and suffering.
Your worth is an incredible high price
For you as well did Jesus die on the cross.

Depression is also what devil's lies brings inside
letting a low-self-esteem your good life rob
Untruths roaming freely through heart and mind
Evil lies extinguishing all happiness and fun.

His loving truth brings you His good life
While to believe lies brings pain and grief
So hold onto the promises Jesus made to you
and don't let Satan your good life squander.

Take hold of God's precious loving truth.
A life in Him stays safe from lies that hurt.
Jesus' truth will comfort your bleeding heart
Lovingly remaking your fallen life anew.

Upvote 0

Vieste

Jul 9, 2016
St Petersburg fl
✟32,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Salvadore and Bumble Bee - you are both going through a difficult time. Having been through so many similar, yet gradually progressing, I want to send hope to you. Whether it's circumstance, feelings of despair, or some other conflict, know that God is listening, caring, working behind the scenes on His perfect plan for you. He will come through, He will keep his promises, He will truly be your salvation, not just later, but here on earth. When I get so down, in so much despair - I beg God, plead with Him for relief, for a change in circumstance something/anything that would ease the anguish and answer how and why I feel so miserable, and why I am the way I am. And I have gotten answers from Him, eventually, and in His time.

It was King David and Psalms that got my attention early on. He's the greatest king, leader and military man of all time - God's favorite - and at times was as big a mess as me. He begs, pleads, admits to his fears and transgressions [which were huge and many] and cries out asking why God is not listening to or helping him. But he manages to regain his faith and belief in the Lord and declares his trust, then gives praise to God. With all he goes through and wherever his fears and feelings take him, he returns to know God has his back - and he is comforted again and can go on.

Psalm 27 is my favorite. Toward the beginning David cries out, "Hear my voice when I call, Lord; be merciful to me and answer me," then he continues his rant and pleadings. But by the end he says, " I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart, and wait for the LORD." I have a bible app on my phone and I play Psalms while anxiously lying in bed at night, and I fall asleep more peacefully. And when I awake, I find a new ounce of comfort somewhere inside that wasn't there the day before.

God bless you both - and never doubt God as He is there - just say, "Why so downcast, oh my soul? Why this turmoil within me? Put your trust in God." Ps. 43

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Another down turn today. i also feel really edgy and nervous but i don't know why. Maybe i took in too much crap from the media? Been reading about mass resignations across the globe. People going into hiding, what do they know, we don't know? Who is behind all of this? Evildoers no doubt but which ones? Has the deep state began its plan of extermination? Why all the hype i do wonder.

i have to confess i worry about my kids and grand kids. What will become of them?

• Prayers
Reactions: StillGods
Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟292,969.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the stuff going on in the world but found a sermon that was quite positive so that helped.
then had a bit of a tough day at work felt rejected by workmates, I probably wasn't badly but I felt that I was so I feel sad at the moment. but I dont want that feeling to last long so will try to leave it in today and then tomorrow is a new day.

Upvote 0

Vieste

Jul 9, 2016
St Petersburg fl
✟32,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My anxiety level is off the charts - as I'm sure it is with so many others everywhere. Since I already have high anxiety each day, the added developments have me totally saturated. So what to do? Well - Remember who is in charge .... remember how much He loves us .... remember all of His promises .... and 'Let Go and Let God." Whew, I already feel better. God bless each and every one of us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My anxiety level is off the charts - as I'm sure it is with so many others everywhere. Since I already have high anxiety each day, the added developments have me totally saturated. So what to do? Well - Remember who is in charge .... remember how much He loves us .... remember all of His promises .... and 'Let Go and Let God." Whew, I already feel better. God bless each and every one of us.

Yes these are anxious times, the media makes sure of it, i keep reminding myself that God is in charge and if it is my time to go because of a flu then so be it, otherwise i will be fine. This helps against the battle against anxiety.

It is our loved ones, especially the elderly that causes the most anxiety.

i keep on reminding myself that God is in control and we are safely in His care.

Like you say let go of the anxiety and let God bring us His peace.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
Held together by Jesus and coffee
✟698,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This has me worried. :(
I’m getting help. It’s hard. But I have already made progress. It’s exhausting though. I don’t recognize myself. I want to be me again.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don’t recognize myself. I want to be me again.

How fragile we can be don't you reckon? Yet with Jesus we come out better at the end though often not without the scars of life all over us. He helps us through troubled times but often times He doesn't take troubled times away.

Please keep your eyes peeled on Jesus with Him you can remain safe, also through life's storms.

Praying you find His peace back in your life.

Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟292,969.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
my car broke down again and not sure if the dealer will refund me :( or I'll be stuck with a dud car :( I find out in a day and a half how bad the damage is. so depressing all of that. I dont know if i have the assertiveness skills to deal with that sigh :( it's a lot along to try and have that car worry along with all the virus stuff going on. I couldnt buy my normal breakfast food and other stuff as well. I am worried for my parents, other family members and myself too as I'm not sure how my health is. I have to go to work tomorrow but dont want to go out where people are but dont have a choice. I have two assignments to try and get done the next 10 days as well which is added stress and difficult to concentrate with car worries and the virus worries.
finding it all quite difficult to cope with to be honest.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes a lot of people are struggling greatly right now. The economy is a mess. The world is in terror mode. Our freedoms are curtailed more every passing day. Many people don't know how to survive this troubling time.

i have see and know enough. Only on Jesus can we build securely only with Him will we find true safety. Bringing Him our worries and fears and handing Him our lives to mould.

It is a trying and very difficult time for us all. Only faith in God's love can get us through.

Prayers.

Reactions: StillGods
Upvote 0

Billy UK

Dec 21, 2019
Somewhere
✟34,594.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
my car broke down again and not sure if the dealer will refund me :( or I'll be stuck with a dud car :( I find out in a day and a half how bad the damage is. so depressing all of that. I dont know if i have the assertiveness skills to deal with that sigh :( it's a lot along to try and have that car worry along with all the virus stuff going on. I couldnt buy my normal breakfast food and other stuff as well. I am worried for my parents, other family members and myself too as I'm not sure how my health is. I have to go to work tomorrow but dont want to go out where people are but dont have a choice. I have two assignments to try and get done the next 10 days as well which is added stress and difficult to concentrate with car worries and the virus worries.

I find what the enemy does to me is at times somewhat of a web in which as I try to resist and escape from one area of the mental and emotional attacks he arises in another area through a different situation to present a different problem while trying to resist the others. At times this has been very intense as I've struggled with multiple life issues simultainisly trying to cope with the difficult mental and emotional problems while battling temptations of the flesh trying to endure the hardness of the battle and at times failing through giving into despair. To those around you look normal but they don't understand the battle your facing and you at times can feel so alone as your needs feel unmet and unrelated to by others. The enemy then comes as he did to Jesus and tries to make you give up on your hope in God but we all know as Sons and Daughters that Jesus is our only hope.

I think in the midst of the battle the enemy and his minions seeks to draw us in and get us to focus more on what he is speaking into us and the world around us in order to draw us more into his web of doubt and worry and fear. I struggle to do what I know I must do every day which is to ensure im trying to plug into Mercy and Truth through Faith and Hope in the promises of God listening to what God says instead of what the enemy is saying in the midsts of the storms.

Psalm 57 (KJV)

57 Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast.

2 I will cry unto God most high; unto God that performeth all things for me.

3 He shall send from heaven, and save me from the reproach of him that would swallow me up. Selah. God shall send forth his mercy and his truth.​

Also in regard to this virus for my family, I put together a small list of Practical and inexpensive ways to help avoid and help yourself recover when sick. Basic information about certain products and tips that are not shared with the public through the mainstream because of deception and the love of money. This information is helpful to know if you don't already as it can help to eliminate fear which is important as fear suppresses the immune system which is why Faith is very important. Pm me your email and could forward you it if you like.

Also, this sermon helped me today in the midst of my battles.

Remember

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The panic is starting to grow also in our family. Our grand daughter (12,) who has all the symptoms of an O.C.D person, is petrified with all the bad news about the virus and world economy going around and can't get to sleep any longer at night worrying about everything.

i've been making a song list for her that specifically bring God's word to us in our fears and worries. Songs of the Son's of Korah and Sherri Youngward who faithfully bring us those verse we need in troubled times and sing it in such a calming confident way. i like those songs where you can hear the lyrics above the music in the back ground.

i figured if she can listen to God's words as she falls asleep then satan has less access to her mind. i know very well how often those words of God have arrested me in my anxious thoughts and lead me on safe path ways in and with Him. What He did for me through the word and music, He can do for her.

She is still young and is full on learning to build trust and faith in God. This is really the right time for this process to accelerate. The more she learns to trust in God at an early age the better off she will be. i wish i would have learned to trust in God at 12 a lot of misery could have been prevented.

Please pray for her my friends. This poor girl is really struggling hard with these difficult times emotionally, psychologically and spiritually. And can use all the support she can get.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Vieste

Jul 9, 2016
St Petersburg fl
✟32,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The panic is starting to grow also in our family. Our grand daughter (12,) who has all the symptoms of an O.C.D person, is petrified with all the bad news about the virus and world economy going around and can't get to sleep any longer at night worrying about everything.

i've been making a song list for her that specifically bring God's word to us in our fears and worries. Songs of the Son's of Korah and Sherri Youngward who faithfully bring us those verse we need in troubled times and sing it in such a calming confident way. i like those songs where you can hear the lyrics above the music in the back ground.

i figured if she can listen to God's words as she falls asleep then satan has less access to her mind. i know very well how often those words of God have arrested me in my anxious thoughts and lead me on safe path ways in and with Him. What He did for me through the word and music, He can do for her.

She is still young and is full on learning to build trust and faith in God. This is really the right time for this process to accelerate. The more she learns to trust in God at an early age the better off she will be. i wish i would have learned to trust in God at 12 a lot of misery could have been prevented.

Please pray for her my friends. This poor girl is really struggling hard with these difficult times emotionally, psychologically and spiritually. And can use all the support she can get.

Thanks

Absolutely - she's in my prayers. I remember being in her situation at that same age and do agree how much better it all would have been if I had Him. She's so fortunate to have you there - and isn't this possibly a reason why you have been through what you have? Mysterious ways, indeed - and may God Bless you both with extra at this time.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely - she's in my prayers. I remember being in her situation at that same age and do agree how much better it all would have been if I had Him. She's so fortunate to have you there - and isn't this possibly a reason why you have been through what you have? Mysterious ways, indeed - and may God Bless you both with extra at this time.

Thank you very much for praying. i'm in regular contact with our daughter about all of this. My daughter knows that i understand mental illness very well and also knows that i found ability to survive in God. She wants that for her daughter as well. So she spends a lot of time teaching her faith, trust and hope in the Lord. It is about letting God's truth arrest the lies before they can take hold and sow confusion and terror.

Next week all our grand children will remain home and be home schooled until this pandemic is past. i feel much happier about that than sending them to school. Schools are bad places for catching a virus. Our kids court all their colds from school in days past. The moment we send them back to to school the illnesses started up again. In the holidays they were never sick.

This might help pour grand daughter as well. Less anxiety about people spreading the virus to her. She is washing her hands all the time and never thinks it is good enough.

Trust in the Lord is essential at this time. i know i'm vulnerable but trust that everything is fine for God is in control and that is good enough for me.

Have you been surviving okay? So much pressure right now.

Wishing you God's peace and nearness.

Peace.

Upvote 0