• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (24)

Rebecca L

Jan 13, 2020
Los Angeles
✟15,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i've asked the Lord to comfort you. Did you tell Him all about it? i hope so. His loving grace is a real healer of wounds, even if they are ugly.

Peace
I have tried, but sometimes its really hard to feel like he is actually there

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have tried, but sometimes its really hard to feel like he is actually there

As someone who suffers from depression i know how hard it is to feel God, it is often impossible because our depressed hearts can't feel love and God is love. So instead of relying on our feelings we need to rely on knowledge. It is written "I will never leave you i will be with you to the end of the age." These are Jesus' words to us. Jesus doesn't lie so all we need to do is believe He is with us then He will be.

Tell Him all about your heart ache and all about the hard spot you got yourself into and ask Him to guide you away from hardship into His courts. With Him we can survive even the worst of depression.

Honest even if you can't feel God He is still present with us and we can share everything with Him. i always try and pass on my bad life and ask for His good life back that works really well.

Be of good courage Jesus can make you stronger than depression can bring to bear. He is a wonderful Saviour. Who comes to us in our distress through the truths of the bible and comforts us with the truths of the bible. He has got me out of my pit plenty of times before and i trust Him to do it again.

Peace.

To God's Depressed Child,

To think less of yourself then God's own
Brings you much pain and suffering.
Your worth is an incredible high price
For you as well did Jesus die on the cross.

Depression is also what devil's lies brings inside
letting a low-self-esteem your good life rob
Untruths roaming freely through heart and mind
Evil lies extinguishing all happiness and fun.

His loving truth brings you His good life
While to believe lies brings pain and grief
So hold onto the promises Jesus made to you
and don't let Satan your good life squander.

Take hold of God's precious loving truth.
A life in Him stays safe from lies that hurt.
Jesus' truth will comfort your bleeding heart
Lovingly remaking your fallen life anew.

Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟292,969.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
feeling depressed.......surprise surprise..

I just sometimes wonder what is the point of living. but God has made it so I do have a reason to be here so I try to remember that. but tonight I feel like I want to die, only because feeling like my life is pointless so why carry on and its painful so yeah. but it's not pointless because of God. sigh its a battle. too and fro. back and forward.
God will win.

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟164,016.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
feeling depressed.......surprise surprise..

I just sometimes wonder what is the point of living. but God has made it so I do have a reason to be here so I try to remember that. but tonight I feel like I want to die, only because feeling like my life is pointless so why carry on and its painful so yeah. but it's not pointless because of God. sigh its a battle. too and fro. back and forward.
God will win.
Hello, yes my friend this is a battle but be of good cheer Jesus has overcome All that we are facing Now...I have gone through depression myself and the only remedy for it is His Word....draw closer to God and He will draw closer to you...

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Feeling depressed for the third day in a row. i'm feeling very sad and have been fighting bad life full on. My good run seems to have ended. Blah! blah! blah!

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟164,016.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Feeling depressed for the third day in a row. i'm feeling very sad and have been fighting bad life full on. My good run seems to have ended. Blah! blah! blah!
Psalm 102:1-2...Hear my prayer O Lord, Let me cry for help before you.
Do not hide your face from me In the day of my distress. Incline your ear to me, answer me quickly when I call...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Psalm 102:1-2...Hear my prayer O Lord, Let me cry for help before you.
Do not hide your face from me In the day of my distress. Incline your ear to me, answer me quickly when I call...

Thank you for that bite. An awesome plea from the heart to God to follow.

i do feel better than this morning. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i did climb out of my rut, feeling somewhat flattish and drained now but much better than the other day. Thank God that my illness cycles in and out at least sometimes i get a break.

How is everyone else going.:wave:

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟164,016.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i did climb out of my rut, feeling somewhat flattish and drained now but much better than the other day. Thank God that my illness cycles in and out at least sometimes i get a break.

Hello, Good to hear you feel much better...the important thing is that we have given another day to keep going, to seek Him, give thanks for our lives and continues in our journey of Faith....as long as we belong to Him then we are able to keep going in this difficult life. We can be overcomer Not on our own But Him who strengthen us...
God bless for His great mercy on us....

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello, Good to hear you feel much better...the important thing is that we have given another day to keep going, to seek Him, give thanks for our lives and continues in our journey of Faith....as long as we belong to Him then we are able to keep going in this difficult life. We can be overcomer Not on our own But Him who strengthen us...
God bless for His great mercy on us....

So true brother, so very true in my life. Even the down days often bring me God's good life, finally depression has good purpose in my life, for if very bad brings very good then bad is bad no more. It is almost like giving birth, the baby is worth all the pain.

You know in my deepest pit Jesus carries me in His arms now. It used to be the most terrible desolate times ever in that mood/state of being. i used to cry for my mummy. Longed to die with an unholy earnest passion. Yet Jesus made such times my resting place in Him.

i have learned to see that some of my most passionate prayers for other people hurting has come from me during such times. i have tasted the hidden manna. i love how Jesus rules my life.

How blessed can one be? Jesus is my all time hero. i love Him with my life.

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟164,016.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So true brother, so very true in my life. Even the down days often bring me God's good life, finally depression has good purpose in my life, for if very bad brings very good then bad is bad no more. It is almost like giving birth, the baby is worth all the pain.

You know in my deepest pit Jesus carries me in His arms now. It used to be the most terrible desolate times ever in that mood/state of being. i used to cry for my mummy. Longed to die with an unholy earnest passion. Yet Jesus made such times my resting place in Him.

i have learned to see that some of my most passionate prayers for other people hurting has come from me during such times. i have tasted the hidden manna. i love how Jesus rules my life.

How blessed can one be? Jesus is my all time hero. i love Him with my life.
Amen brother, amen.... we His children must give glory and Honour for His His great mercy....he puts us through a refining process so our faith can be grow mature Not like a baby, and He knows the limits because He created us...
The more we are weak in our flesh whether is sick, or trials of any kind then we are strong in our spirit. ..because of crying for help to Him our Father....

Good to hear that the tough life you've gone through reveals His mercy on you more and more....therefore brother as Paul puts it in 2Corinthians12:10....That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I'm weak, then I am strong. ..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
therefore brother as Paul puts it in 2Corinthians12:10....That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I'm weak, then I am strong. ..

It is very true that He is strong when i am weak but unlike Paul i don't delight in my weakness and hardships, i much prefer my better days.

It looks like Jesus is not finished with me yet.:pray:

Upvote 0

Sunflower232

Oct 26, 2015
✟12,262.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Glad you are feeling better!

• Friendly
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟164,016.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is very true that He is strong when i am weak but unlike Paul i don't delight in my weakness and hardships, i much prefer my better days.

It looks like Jesus is not finished with me yet.:pray:
I know, even i don't like going through suffering and pain...and I think Paul also gone through the same thing.. But as his faith grew more he began to feel the grace of God more and more through his ordeal. So we keep going praising God for the marvelous work He has done in our lives...
Yes, He will mould you become like Him...always the plan for mankind to be like Him....

• Agree
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know, even i don't like going through suffering and pain...and I think Paul also gone through the same thing.. But as his faith grew more he began to feel the grace of God more and more through his ordeal. So we keep going praising God for the marvelous work He has done in our lives...
Yes, He will mould you become like Him...always the plan for mankind to be like Him....

Humble and all!

• Winner
Reactions: pasifika
Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟164,016.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Humble and all!
Yes brother, Our Father the Creator of All Things, The Ruler of the whole Universe there is No other But Him Alone...take pride in our heritage as children of the Most High God...
Let the hope and Peace in His Word brings endurance in our journey till we reach Home....

• Friendly
Upvote 0