• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (24)

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟170,960.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I need to exercise today as well. You should hear what my knees sound like when I straighten my legs. Getting old, need to move a bit more!

Also what Jeshu said. If you happen to get a lot of sugar, take less of it. When I stopped buying sodas and energy drinks, my weight dropped significantly. But of course sugar isn't the only reason, sometimes it's meds, sometimes other habits. All the best to you brother. Good exercising!
Glad to hear from you dear brother. Not all CF members are as friendly and kind as you. Everyone has the tendency of self center more or less, looking down others even not realizing the pride inside. Colossians 3:14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

How preciously the love of brotherhood binds the whole body of Jesus Christ all together, both in the hands of virtues and humans.

Blessings to you. :hug:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟785,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I don't know if I want to be on meds anymore - they actually work, but I know how withdrawals feel within hours of a "missed" dose and to think of my body being hopelessly dependent on them or else I'll feel like I want to literally die, is not a pleasant way to live my life...it's helping my depression and compulsive eating though.

Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I don't know if I want to be on meds anymore - they actually work, but I know how withdrawals feel within hours of a "missed" dose and to think of my body being hopelessly dependent on them or else I'll feel like I want to literally die, is not a pleasant way to live my life...it's helping my depression and compulsive eating though.

Keep taking them, if there's no harm. I'm sure you'll know when the time comes, when you start to think you're more stable. It's normal to have that fear "what if I'm always like this", but that's not often true. I think of meds as crutches. You use them to get by, to help something heal. When you're ready, you'll try your "feet".

Reactions: Lady Bug
Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟785,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I'm not 100% but I do think they help. The thing is, if you're feeling good, isn't that a sign you should keep taking the meds? Anyway, I'm always scared of hypotheticals - like, what if a situation arises where I have to involuntarily withdrawal and who knows what could happen to me, etc.

Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I'm not 100% but I do think they help. The thing is, if you're feeling good, isn't that a sign you should keep taking the meds? Anyway, I'm always scared of hypotheticals - like, what if a situation arises where I have to involuntarily withdrawal and who knows what could happen to me, etc.

Don't worry about withdrawals or situations you don't have any control over. You can deal with them if you have to. What meds are they, if I may ask? Because if they're depression meds, it can be weird to get off them, but usually that's done by quitting it slowly, and if it's "cold turkey", it won't last long. Luckily the withdrawals are not, in that case, a sign of such physical addiction as one could have with benzos, for example, after heavy+long use. So if you're not taking meds that are usually classified as addictive, it's less about your body being dependent/addicted to something, and more like a case of getting used to differing chemical balances. It's alright.

But if you think they help, they probably do. And I'd say (pulling this out of my butt) that if you miss your meds by one hour and you start to feel strange, it's probably more of a psychological thing, anticipating something to happen, and if there happens to be a bad mood or something wrong, it gets worse because of self-suggestion. Constant medication like this is more about maintaining a balance of slowly dissolving chemicals, instead of getting regular "spikes" of it.

I had some troubles with quitting Efexor (Venlafaxin). It felt like these little shocks inside my head just kept happening. That's the only non-addictive drug that ever caused me problems while quitting. But even then, it wasn't dangerous, it just felt weird. I started to quit them when I looked at my life, and I knew that I had been doing a lot better for at least a year. A year without awful depression and hopelessness or any attacks. There was stability. That's when I quit them, and for me it worked, haven't used them since.

It can be strange to admit that we're better, even when we are, because there's this childish supernatural fear that tells us "don't say you're better. you're not. don't ruin it".

But yeah, no rush. Keep taking the meds, get some stability, let your "leg" heal a bit.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes it can be difficult to keep taking medicine, especially if they have nasty side effects, but when they help it is by far the best to keep on taking them faithfully. Depression is one of the worst mental states to be in. It can literally take away the floor from underneath our feet. It is really a matter of making a choice between two evils.

i'm very happy that you have found something to help you will with your depression. For years you have suffered deeply because you have had such overwhelming depressive feelings. Now is the time to cultivate healthy thoughts and build your reality on solid ground.

Dependency is part of life. We depend on many things one more or less doesn't have to be the end of the world.

Peace

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟785,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Just wanted to say to Tempura and Jeshu that I had almost finished replying to both of you in Quotes today, but when I pressed Enter, I got this error message and lost everything. The replies were "long" too; therefore I feel demoralized at the moment.

• Prayers
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just wanted to say to Tempura and Jeshu that I had almost finished replying to both of you in Quotes today, but when I pressed Enter, I got this error message and lost everything. The replies were "long" too; therefore I feel demoralized at the moment.

What a pain when that happens - i've had that happening to me as well especially in the past before they saved the replies.

i hope that you will feel better soon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

Hahaa, hate it when that happens. But it's fine. If you want to say something, it'll come to you again.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Feeling tired after a 10.5 hour trip from Amsterdam to Hong Kong. A 9.5 hour wait and then another 8 hours flying. We hope to arrive at 10.30pm in Perth and plan to sleep at my sister in law for the night before we travel back to Albany Saturday morning. We hope to be home early afternoon.

Blessings to all.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Safely back in Perth but feeling exhausted after our trip. Catching up with Yvonne's sister at the moment. Soon we will have a shower and of to bed and then still a four hour trip back to Albany.

Thankful we are safely back in Australia.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Feeling thankful as i'm back home again and also excited because soon the kids are coming for a catch up.

We've literally been around the world. We even flew over Greenland were the sun did not set all night. It is dry but cold not what we used to.

The kids are here

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Welcome home, Jeshu. Glad you're doing fine, gerbilwoman!

I seem to be noticing something. There is a pattern I've come to realize. Whenever I feel I'm lost, sinned, out of grace, there is a thing that happens very soon after that. I get the chance to show mercy or compassion for someone else, and thus getting a touch of that grace I was so desperate to get for myself, but in so much better way than just getting a fleeting feeling for myself only. The chance will come, even if may stumble with it. I don't believe these are accidents. I don't think many things are.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I seem to be noticing something. There is a pattern I've come to realize. Whenever I feel I'm lost, sinned, out of grace, there is a thing that happens very soon after that. I get the chance to show mercy or compassion for someone else, and thus getting a touch of that grace I was so desperate to get for myself, but in so much better way than just getting a fleeting feeling for myself only. The chance will come, even if may stumble with it. I don't believe these are accidents. I don't think many things are.

Yes Jesus is faithful and true and calls us back into His grace each time we wander of from His loving truth by opening a door for us through which we find Him back again. This is because Jesus is faithful and true to the salvation He promised us.

Isn't that great to know?

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, especially when we get to show glimpses of His grace for others in our miserable, stumbling state. He finds ways to make it a reality for us.

Amen.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Its 2am. i've been up since 1am and find it hard to go back to sleep again. Must be jet lag playing up again. The third time in the last 5 weeks.

Tomorrow i have to drop my 5-htp for a week seeing i've been on it for the last three weeks and need to have a break. i sincerely hope i will not get depressed or will have more problems not sleeping like i did last time i skipped a week medicating myself with it.

have a blessed week

Upvote 0