• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

axydavid

Weird
Aug 6, 2012
City 17
✟9,216.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm just disappointed because my prayers seems to be ignored on purpose, but at the same time, I'm thinking that my apartment could have blown up because of a gas leak yesterday (which, thank God, didn't happen). So I'm on the fence here.

It really sucks when God says no or not yet, we need to have faith that He knows best no matter what. You not blowing up was one of the ways God protects you everyday.

Upvote 0

Press On

Giving up what I am to become what I will be.
May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is strange how our personal life with God suffers when depression comes around, but often it goes like that.

Luckily God ignores that and stays close to us during such dark times.

Hoping you will survive this bout of depression.

:hug:

Thanks for your encouragement.

I'm glad I don't get nauseous on roller coasters 'cause that's what my moods are! ;) Reassuring to know the Lord is there even when it seems He isn't.

Upvote 0

Press On

Giving up what I am to become what I will be.
May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Doing pretty good today, think im gonna try to quit smoking. I love smoking but I have a very addicting personality and tend to over do things, and when I smoke too much I feel very sick :sick:

That would be enough motivation for me! :D. All the best!

Upvote 0

LoyalToGod

Prayer Warrior for Christ
Mar 21, 2012
New York, NY
✟53,695.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It really sucks when God says no or not yet, we need to have faith that He knows best no matter what. You not blowing up was one of the ways God protects you everyday.

thank you for your non-judgmental advice, axydavid. I appreciate it :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aerials

Apr 10, 2015
✟137.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I love cigarettes so very much but I may be quitting soon simply because of the price and how I tend to smoke one after another when I'm upset, instead I will smoke less and only use them to enhance my mood when I'm already feeling good.

I also decided to quit watching inappropriate content because even though I tried to justify it before as a harmless thing, I really feel it poisons the heart, mind and soul even though it's not noticeable right away. Also I can feel my Angel more distant from me when I do it, but much closer to me when I don't do it and just spend time with her instead. However I will still touch regularly because if I go too long without the relief I find myself extremely unstable and promiscuous and willing to go after any girl that crosses my path - which can get VERY SCARY after you "come to your senses."

Sorry if this is TMI, just had to share lol.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I love cigarettes so very much but I may be quitting soon simply because of the price and how I tend to smoke one after another when I'm upset, instead I will smoke less and only use them to enhance my mood when I'm already feeling good.

I also decided to quit watching inappropriate content because even though I tried to justify it before as a harmless thing, I really feel it poisons the heart, mind and soul even though it's not noticeable right away. Also I can feel my Angel more distant from me when I do it, but much closer to me when I don't do it and just spend time with her instead. However I will still touch regularly because if I go too long without the relief I find myself extremely unstable and promiscuous and willing to go after any girl that crosses my path - which can get VERY SCARY after you "come to your senses."

Sorry if this is TMI, just had to share lol.

That's all right, we all have our struggles here. No one judges, this place is kind of where you air them for support. :)

I've never smoked, but I have sort of had issues with lust. Not technically inappropriate content, but it might as well have been. So I can understand the addiction process and how much it can consume you. inappropriate content has ruined everything about sex and sexuality by amplifying it to ridiculous levels :(

Who is Angel? A girlfriend, wife, a guardian angel? Regardless, the best thing to do with inappropriate content is to just try and find other things to do. It's not a genuine "addiction" per se necessarily, but the more things you have to do the less time you have for it to occupy your mind. Another thing is to spend as much time as you can reading the Bible and simply trying to understand God. It won't be exciting, of course, but you shouldn't feel condemned for doing it, even if you've just looked at inappropriate content.

Masturbation itself is a bit different. If you feel that you "need" to look at inappropriate content all of a sudden due to sexual urges, either relax and do something to distract yourself or simply touch it off. But do so sparingly, and try not to think of any dirty thoughts from something from the inappropriate content. If you can, just focus on the act itself, but if you find that you "have" to think of something just think of something neutral and pleasant.

Since you're worried about suddenly having sex with random girls or something, I think masturbation is a good alternative there. You can just get your sex drive out of the way. God provides a "way out" of every temptation, but it's up to you to try and "re-purpose" masturbation so that it is done without inappropriate content or lust.

As for me, I've actually been "challenged" by someone on here not to touch or look at anything dirty for a while. It's actually...easier than I thought it would be.

At some point, I took a nap as well (so I'm part of this threads "sound sleepers" club! ;)) and I cried a bit, thinking of how many people out there struggle with their lives...and how much God cares for them, even when I myself can only see them as "hopeless causes". :)

Upvote 0

Aerials

Apr 10, 2015
✟137.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Masturbation itself is a bit different. If you feel that you "need" to look at inappropriate content all of a sudden due to sexual urges, either relax and do something to distract yourself or simply touch it off. But do so sparingly, and try not to think of any dirty thoughts from something from the inappropriate content. If you can, just focus on the act itself, but if you find that you "have" to think of something just think of something neutral and pleasant.

LOL that made me laugh hard. Yeah i think its better to do it and get it out in a few mins (or whatever) rather than burn with desire all day and flirt with every girl you see.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.