• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerials

Apr 10, 2015
✟137.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Disgusted with myself. I've gained about 8-10 lbs. since my lowest weight two years ago, and it seems most of it's in my gut. :(

I know how that goes, I used to be really fit but when I went on psych meds and my condition got worse i began to think and look like a fatty, whenever i would get upset i would eat to feel better - and gained quite a bit of weight, but last year when i quit meds and started working out again i've lost it - but i still crave food like crazy, im craving mcdonalds sooooo bad right now that i want to cry, but i know what happens if i go down that road.

Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I am praying for you on that. Glad you're feeling good. :)

Thank you!

Disgusted with myself. I've gained about 8-10 lbs. since my lowest weight two years ago, and it seems most of it's in my gut. :(

I think I mentioned this to someone else a few pages back: talk to a nutritionist or a doctor about weight loss/dieting/etc if you're interested. They know the body, and you know yours the best and together, you can work out a good plan to keep a healthy, good weight.

Just whatever you do, do not go off any prescription meds without your doctors okay, especially if they're anti depressants/anti psychotics/etc

A couple of my friends are seeing nutritionists to lose weight and they love it, whereas I'm seeing one to keep in shape and to gain weight :p

Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
A customer thought it would be funny to sneak up behind me, touch me on the shoulder and yell in my ear. His wife "told me to lighten up" when I didn't laugh. Needless to say, that really spoiled my good mood.

But I'm in a better-ish mood now. Having a late dinner because I passed out when I got home and just woke up (2 am whoops)

Upvote 0

Aerials

Apr 10, 2015
✟137.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Most people taking meds will do better without them unless they genuinely have Bipolar or schizophrenia (occassional delusional thinking and mood swings don't qualify as shizophrenia or bipolar - but the system has no problem throwing a dx and having another income for life)

There is no secret to weight loss - you just need to burn more calories than you consume, if you think you're not eating that many calories and stil aren't losing weight, you need to count again - count everything including sauces, it all adds up quicker than you think. Companies and "nutritionists" are making billions from people who are desperate to lose weight and try to over complicated things.

Nutritionist is probably the biggest waste of money you can do, if you really want to get into micro nutrients and balancing meals, just look at choosemyplate.gov

It really is as simple as burning more calories than you consume, unless you have a serious thyroid issue (which maybe only 1% of fat people really do have) or unless you are an alien hybrid that can withstand the laws of thermodynamics, you will lose weight if you eat at a calorie deficit.

Otherwise you can give up like these people:

haescommunity.org/

I'm only saying this because I want to help and there's just way too much bad information going around and misleading and exploiting people who are already struggling.

That being said, the customer yelling in your ear was completely out of line. Have you talked to your manager or HR rep and told them how it made you feel? That qualifies as abuse and should not be tolerated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

axydavid

Weird
Aug 6, 2012
City 17
✟9,216.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I disagree with the fact that masturbation may be OK if I doesn't involve lust, I think that it's a responsibility to handle your sexuality without the need of lusting nor masturbating. We could have a long discussion about this however I think that the best is that we all pray to God and allow Him to reveal us the truth, this is my prayer for all of us.

Upvote 0

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That's not a whole lot to lose. Some people have 500 pounds to lose, think of that. I have about 40 pounds to lose. You can take that off in a month. Good luck to you.

Upvote 0

FlaviusAetius

Nov 17, 2012
✟18,998.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Envious.

Not of anyone I know in life, I'm pretty much surrounded by wage slaves who will be working at low end jobs the rest of their lives. However just browsing this forum you get to see a lot of people describe their lives, how they're fulfilled, have careers they enjoy and are well paid for, families, who have hobbies that keep them physically and mentally strong and are overall able to be masculine without difficulty.

The complete opposite of me, a shell of a human, a waste of life, almost 24 and still haven't started my low-paying career as a high school teacher, driven a car, or even live on my own yet.

Being worthless and incapable leaves me feeling empty, which is why it feels so much nicer hoping everyone else in the world burns in Hell when they die and that something kills all human life to show those successful people that in the grand scheme of things their lives were just as worthless as mine!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Envious.

Not of anyone I know in life, I'm pretty much surrounded by wage slaves who will be working at low end jobs the rest of their lives. However just browsing this forum you get to see a lot of people describe their lives, how they're fulfilled, have careers they enjoy and are well paid for, families, who have hobbies that keep them physically and mentally strong and are overall able to be masculine without difficulty.

The complete opposite of me, a shell of a human, a waste of life, almost 24 and still haven't started my low-paying career as a high school teacher, driven a car, or even live on my own yet.

Being worthless and incapable leaves me feeling empty, which is why it feels so much nicer hoping everyone else in the world burns in Hell when they die and that something kills all human life to show those successful people that in the grand scheme of things their lives were just as worthless as mine!
:hug::hug::hug:

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Envious.

Don't go there with your thoughts. I know it's tempting sometimes, but please don't. Don't fuel the bitterness in your head. I can remember thinking things like that, too, wondering why I was the one with the unfair life and the messed-up brain when everyone else around me seemed to have everything their way.

Pray that God will help you see light within the darkness. :)

Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟170,131.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I find a house church to take part in on Sunday.

After its meeting, I would go to an international English service in church. This church is registered in the religious department of Chinese goverment, and most of the participants are Chinese. After the service Native English speaker can preach in a group for an hour before the next Chinese service begins.

Since I left the job, I feel relaxed. I take part in a camp for Christian singles today.

Wish you all a blessed week!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

After its meeting, I would go to an international English service in church. This church is registered in the religious department of Chinese goverment, and most of the participants are Chinese. After the service Native English speaker can preach in a group for an hour before the next Chinese service begins.

Since I left the job, I feel relaxed. I take part in a camp for Christian singles today.

You have a blessed week too brother.:hug:

Reactions: Yusuphhai
Upvote 0

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Sounds real good. I hope you enjoy yourself.

Reactions: Yusuphhai
Upvote 0

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My mood is okay but I don't feel like doing much. I am trying to clean up the kitchen and get ready to prepare dinner. That's about all I can manage today. I just have so much laundry to do and don't feel like doing it but am going to have to one of these days. I have no clothes left to wear. Where did all my energy go? I'm going to ask my doctor to double my dosage of Prozac which still will not be the highest dose you should take.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.