Canada
✟75,597.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That picture made me shudder, Peachie. Your poor finger!! Hope you feel better soon.
Those dang avocados can be a menace. I nearly chopped my fingers off cutting a spaghetti squash today. But they are so worth the wrestle. I made spaghetti squash lasagna. Big hit!!

• Friendly
Reactions: PeachieKeen
Upvote 0

Saricharity

Follower of Christ
Mar 24, 2014
Canada
✟75,597.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Multitasking....homework and watching Amazon Prime...The Cosby show always makes me laugh! Hubby is working out.
It is too dang cold in my neck of the woods. -20 is not fun! Too much snow and too much winter. January is not my favourite month. *pout*

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Saricharity

Follower of Christ
Mar 24, 2014
Canada
✟75,597.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had to google spaghetti squash. I don't think we get them here.

Really??? Spaghetti squash is a great alternative to most pasta dishes. I can't eat grains. Plus, it is delicious which is a major bonus.

How-to-Bake-Spaghetti-Squash-1200.jpg

Do you have butternut squash?

Upvote 0

Guy Incognito

Matt 6:25-34
Sep 27, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
Visit site
✟73,158.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Stabbed myself in the finger removing the pit from an avocado during lunch today. Had to go to urgent care and get stitches.. Ugh, I'm dumb. Weirdest thing was all the fat in my finger spilled out and she had to tuck it back in.

So not the BEST day in the world...

That really stinks! I really hope you had a better night and that it heals quickly and well my friend!

Just Cause 2?? that's old! what about 3 and 4, man! Catch up!

Just Cause 3 I have for the ps4 upstairs, haven't had a chance to play 4 yet. Just Cause 2 I got from steam over Christmas for my laptop cause it was $1.50 (a fun game for less than the cost of a medium cup of coffee? I'm in), which you can get a bunch of fun mods for. So I've been replaying that to wind down from work.

As for what I'm doing right now - I'm eating a great tasting but probably terrible for me burger from A&W.

• Friendly
Reactions: PeachieKeen
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I made spaghetti squash lasagna. Big hit!!
I love that!

I am going to attempt to make challah today.
Spaghetti squash is a great alternative to most pasta dishes. I can't eat grains.
Our stores started carrying regular pasta made from chick peas (garbanzo beans) last year. Tried it out AFTER Passover, and it was ok. Not as good as wheat based pasta but definitely good.

Since we do not eat anything grain based (except matzah) for that week, we will be having that this coming Passover.

upload_2019-1-11_8-30-41.jpeg

upload_2019-1-11_8-31-6.jpeg

Upvote 0

Saricharity

Follower of Christ
Mar 24, 2014
Canada
✟75,597.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As for what I'm doing right now - I'm eating a great tasting but probably terrible for me burger from A&W.

A burger at 11pm at night??? Why are you eating that kind of stuff at that time of night? You like to live dangerously?? :p

Our stores started carrying regular pasta made from chick peas (garbanzo beans) last year. Tried it out AFTER Passover, and it was ok. Not as good as wheat based pasta but definitely good.

Chickpeas hmm...sounds interesting...I usually make my own pasta with almond flour.
But sometimes making things from scratch is too time-consuming...I simply do not have enough time in my day. I'll have to do a little research...hubby might appreciate something different. He can eat anything but in my short amount of time in the day, he usually ends up eating what I eat just to make life simpler. Thankfully, he is used to me making weird stuff lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Guy Incognito

Matt 6:25-34
Sep 27, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
Visit site
✟73,158.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
A burger at 11pm at night??? Why are you eating that kind of stuff at that time of night? You like to live dangerously?? :p

I had a rough night at work and needed comfort food lol, and when you get off at 10pm those options are limited...not that I would have gone with another option though lol

Right now, I'm considering running away to a warm Caribbean Island...I wasn't made for -22. Why is only sunny on days when its -22 and -30 with wind chill?? I need sun!

Around the golden horshoe its -9.5 and sunny. Its not much, but its warmer. Ah, who am I kidding, I want to move to england - there the temp swings a max of 30 degrees on average compared to Canada's 60.

Upvote 0

Deidre32

Follow Thy Heart
Mar 23, 2014
Somewhere else...
✟74,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Reading the usual ''my wife/my husband is awful'' threads. It's one thing to ask for Christian advice on how to handle general marital issues. It's another, to throw your spouse under the bus and act like you're proactively trying to improve your marriage. :sigh:

• Agree
Reactions: Saricharity
Upvote 0

Saricharity

Follower of Christ
Mar 24, 2014
Canada
✟75,597.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had a rough night at work and needed comfort food lol, and when you get off at 10pm those options are limited...not that I would have gone with another option though lol

Around the golden horshoe its -9.5 and sunny. Its not much, but its warmer. Ah, who am I kidding, I want to move to england - there the temp swings a max of 30 degrees on average compared to Canada's 60.

Aww...sorry you had a rough night at work. Okay, I'll let you have your burger. Was it a TEEN burger? Those are the best!! (Oh, how I wish I could eat the bun too LOL)

Just baked up a pan of sourdough biscuits. New recipie from Northwest Sourdough. YUM!!!!!

How did they turn out? Biscuits are so hard! They are either too dry and look like hockey pucks...or they are nice and fluffy.

Reading the usual ''my wife/my husband is awful'' threads. It's one thing to ask for Christian advice on how to handle general marital issues. It's another, to throw your spouse under the bus and act like you're proactively trying to improve your marriage. :sigh:

I agree! I want to ban all of those threads! Boycott them! This married section needs to be more upbeat and less about asking for marriage counselling. Let's make this place more fun! I try to post ideas when I think of it...my creativity is waning lately.

Come happily married couples...let's spice the joint up! More games! More happy fun posts! Let's liven this place up!!

• Winner
Reactions: Deidre32
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Deidre32

Follow Thy Heart
Mar 23, 2014
Somewhere else...
✟74,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I agree! I want to ban all of those threads! Boycott them! This married section needs to be more upbeat and less about asking for marriage counselling. Let's make this place more fun! I try to post ideas when I think of it...my creativity is waning lately.

Come happily married couples...let's spice the joint up! More games! More happy fun posts! Let's liven this place up!!
haha Yes, I know. I think that it's great to support one another through whatever our marriages might be going through, but it's the types that post here who think they are the perfect spouse, and their offending spouse is the sinner only. lol I would love to hear the other person's story ...probably would be entirely different. I will be married two years this May, and we have occasional disagreements, but if we ever have rough patches, please call me out if I ever post a thread that it's all his fault. lol

Reactions: Saricharity
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How did they turn out? Biscuits are so hard! They are either too dry and look like hockey pucks...or they are nice and fluffy.
Fluffy and delicious. :)

Upvote 0