Madison
✟21,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello, interesting stuff .... I think our thoughts and emotions work together however our thoughts have the major control over our emotions. An example might be thinking if a loved lost one we become sad and if encourged by another the sadness becomes worse, or becoming involved in conversations over a lost pet, cat or dog see how our emotions act. Or thinking of a date haha I’m too old for dates but do remember going on them .... just the thought of being with her was exciting.

Emotions are like spider webs they are strong and flexible. :)

James

Reactions: gennypearl
Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hubby took notice of my Christmas wish list and bought me The Pelican Brief by John Grisham, but I haven't read very much of it yet. Same with The Second Book of the Dun Cow - Lamentations by Walter Wangerin Jnr, which my daughter bought me.

I buy books from a charity book table and my current one from there is The Double Comfort Safari Club by Alexander McCall Smith. I bring each book back when I'm finished with it and buy another one. I read them in the car before setting out somewhere or when I arrive there.

Gillian

• Informative
Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,875.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The Histories by Laonikos Chalkokondyles

Basically an account of the fall of the East Roman Empire by a guy living during the time it happened. He's notable for not being overtly Orthodox Christian in his writing and not depicting the Turks as the enemies of humanity. Though I don't think he was particularly happy about the subjugation of his own Greek people.

I believe he was an admirer of Plethon, the pagan philosopher around the same time. He's notable also for identifying the East Romans (Byzantines) as Greeks first instead of Romans, which at the time of the Empire because Imperial authorities always insisted on being called Roman.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Caliban

Jul 18, 2018
California
✟46,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
Fifth Seal by Bodie and Brock Thoene. I am struggling to get into it, though, because I keep falling asleep before I can get through a page every night.
I know the author's. I was good friends with their youngest son in elementary school. They are cool people. Bodie used to come to our classroom and help. Brock would also, he was a historian and knew a lot about the small rural community we lived in. Have you read the Zion Covenant series? It's really good.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The Pelican Brief is a good read. I think that's the first book I've ever read.
I'm well into the book now. Thomas Callahan has been killed and his girl friend hunted by police, FBI and criminals alike. Also reading A New Song, 5th in the Mitford series by Jan Karon - another good read.

Gillian

• Informative
Upvote 0