Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you. The book was really good. I don't want to give it away but I think we could be less hands-on and yield more fruit. :)

Thanks! The title alone is riveting. :)

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
You're welcome. I immediately thought of the scripture, if I'm pleasing man I cannot please God. And that's crux of it. ;-)

Exactly.

Me too.

One must be "fearless" to please God rather than man.

AKA: Fearing God rather than fearing man.

This comes to mind:

288876_8f017ff7ee321a80cd44901072721419.jpg

• Friendly
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Exactly.

Me too.

One must be "fearless" to please God rather than man.

AKA: Fearing God rather than fearing man.

This comes to mind:

Thank you for sharing the quote. It isn't popular. I say no a lot and see the perils of conformity. It's a slippery slope. We're living in a day when we encounter hostility when we disagree. Even among the brethren. But I have never forgotten. The elect will be deceived. I stay close to Him. That's my banner and compass.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you for sharing the quote. It isn't popular. I say no a lot and see the perils of conformity. It's a slippery slope. We're living in a day when we encounter hostility when we disagree. Even among the brethren. But I have never forgotten. The elect will be deceived. I stay close to Him. That's my banner and compass.

Amen. And in all the murkiness and darkness, one must be true to the calling to "shine" His Truth, like a lighthouse on a dark and stormy sea.

As the quote says, (i paraphrase here) that in a world full of deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act. (George Orwell of "1984")

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Amen. And in all the murkiness and darkness, one must be true to the calling to "shine" His Truth, like a lighthouse on a dark and stormy sea.

It's interesting you mention that. The Holy Spirit addressed the same last week. Most never realize the value of your light until its gone. Then their condition is clear.

As the quote says, (i paraphrase here) that in a world full of deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act. (George Orwell of "1984")

I love that book! Society desires our conformity and validation. It takes courage and faith to remain rooted in truth. Acceptance is the golden carrot that leads many astray.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
It's interesting you mention that. The Holy Spirit addressed the same last week. Most never realize the value of your light until its gone. Then their condition is clear.

I love that book! Society desires our conformity and validation. It takes courage and faith to remain rooted in truth. Acceptance is the golden carrot that leads many astray.

Exactly. And many have an almost obsessive attraction to this "carrot" and would sacrifice anything to achieve that "acceptance" which is, for all intents and purposes, a trap like that peanut butter lure on a mouse trap.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Exactly. And many have an almost obsessive attraction to this "carrot" and would sacrifice anything to achieve that "acceptance" which is, for all intents and purposes, a trap like that peanut butter lure on a mouse trap.

Yes, it's prevalent. I'm doing a quiet study on deception and enhancing my filter. There's a lot attributed to the Lord that is false and flesh. We are working on this together.

I think the carrot goes back to the lesson of the Parable of the Talents. Its appeal is steeped in discontent and an unwillingness to be happy with our lot. We'll never move beyond the mark the Lord designed. When we move outside of His parameters we're operating in a different spirit. Not anointing. :)

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, it's prevalent. I'm doing a quiet study on deception and enhancing my filter. There's a lot attributed to the Lord that is false and flesh. We are working on this together.

I think the carrot goes back to the lesson of the Parable of the Talents. Its appeal is steeped in discontent and an unwillingness to be happy with our lot. We'll never move beyond the mark the Lord designed. When we move outside of His parameters we're operating in a different spirit. Not anointing. :)

i agree. That's perhaps why contentment and its accompanying peace is stressed repeatedly, especially in Proverbs.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
i agree. That's perhaps why contentment and its accompanying peace is stressed repeatedly, especially in Proverbs.

Contentment begets happiness and peace. And love enables you to celebrate with others without regret or upset. We're entering a time where it's harder to find that in others. Unless they have the same.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Contentment begets happiness and peace. And love enables you to celebrate with others without regret or upset. We're entering a time where it's harder to find that in others. Unless they have the same.

i agree. It becomes more and more like a "mission field" because so many are bereft of these essential elements and are excruciatingly oblivious to it. Prayer (in the spiritual warfare mode is needed BIG TIME). Ever heard of the movie "War Room"?

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
i agree. It becomes more and more like a "mission field" because so many are bereft of these essential elements and are excruciatingly oblivious to it. Prayer (in the spiritual warfare mode is needed BIG TIME). Ever heard of the movie "War Room"?

Yes, I'm familiar with it. I used to employ boiler room prayer early in my walk. I earned my prayer muscles during that time. ~laughs

I'm a member of a Christian business group and the Holy Spirit has forbidden me to post. We can no longer share our success. We're unable to express good things without a backlash taking place. He has directed me to a mastermind. Even though the former is connected to something I've purchased. I'm sad to admit the secular ones are calmer.

The spirit of envy is rife and we need to cast it out. But I don't know if we will.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, I'm familiar with it. I used to employ boiler room prayer early in my walk. I earned my prayer muscles during that time. ~laughs

I'm a member of a Christian business group and the Holy Spirit has forbidden me to post. We can no longer share our success. We're unable to express good things without a backlash taking place. He has directed me to a mastermind. Even though the former is connected to something I've purchased. I'm sad to admit the secular ones are calmer.

The spirit of envy is rife and we need to cast it out. But I don't know if we will.

Boiler room prayer?

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Boiler room prayer?

Boiler room prayer is layered prayer that takes place over a period time. The assignments are usually given by the hour with one central theme in mind. All participants are laboring for the issue around the clock. They're storming heavens gates continually. It is commonly practiced overseas. Especially in countries where persecution in prevalent or the gospel is being introduced.

You can see how this can be a powerful practice among friends when you're desiring a breakthrough. ;-)

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Boiler room prayer is layered prayer that takes place over a period time. The assignments are usually given by the hour with one central theme in mind. All participants are laboring for the issue around the clock. They're storming heavens gates continually. It is commonly practiced overseas. Especially in countries where persecution in prevalent or the gospel is being introduced.

You can see how this can be a powerful practice among friends when you're desiring a breakthrough. ;-)

Yes! Amen!!!

• Friendly
Upvote 0