New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Married a non believer once, what a nightmare.
M-Bob
Oh...I see. I thought you were on about dating on the Mission field. I also have tried missionary marriage, you are right, a nightmare. In fact I had a nightmare warning me about what was to come. Wrote it off like a fool.
There's another red flag: Having a nightmare about your relationship involoving a long dark tunnel with no light at the end....that should get you thinking.

Upvote 0

gym_class_hero

Dec 31, 2016
state of grace
✟122,069.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Watch how they treat people that some might think are below them. For example I have always told my daughters to watch how their dates talk and act towards people at drive-thru or waiters and waitresses.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
True. Think it's wise to discuss how to handle conflict when we're not in the middle of a blowup A couple we know BOTH apologize before 10 PM whenever they have any typr of disagreement. That's how they apply that Scripture about not letting the sun go down on your wrath.

One "red flag" my wife should have seen in me before we were married was that my wrath is expressed by 40 lashes with an apple strudel .......... [yes, you're allowed to laugh at that one folks!]

But on the serious side, I would quite agree that if a date gets easily upset or angered and displays unbecoming behavior which isn't a form of 'resoluteness' against evil, then that may be a "red flag."

In my wife's case, she said she liked the apple strudel ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Notmyname
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What do you think are some red flags in dating/relationships
For both both Men/Women

Yet another example is that if one's date essentially relegates anything and everything that she happens to not find aesthetically pleasing to a red flag list which she keeps snugly and securely tucked away in a dark corner of her brain with only remote access, like the fact that she hates your choice of red tie.....that, too, might be a "red flag" for YOU!

[We'll just call it the ol' "Everything is a red flag" Red Flag!] ^_^

Upvote 0

Palus Vandorn

Oct 8, 2019
Edmonton
✟10,587.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
  • Haha
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
For both both Men/Women

Do your best to not fall in love. Don't confuse your hormones with any specific idealistic future in terms of relationships (God brought us together, we were meant to be, she/he is the one). Keep yourself casual. This is for you to not have a red flag yourself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For both both Men/Women
I would think your pastor asking to meet someone's wife one on one without the husbands knowledge would be a definite red flag.

Oh wait, that's a different thread ;)

Upvote 0

Emmylouwho

Sep 5, 2019
New York
✟16,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Widowed
For both both Men/Women
Here’s a red flag: anyone who refers to someone as a D.U.F.F. (Designated Ugly Fat Friend) is not mature enough to date.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here’s a red flag: anyone who refers to someone as a D.U.F.F. (Designated Ugly Fat Friend) is not mature enough to date.
Never heard that one before ... but you're right.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I like to observe how he handles disagreement. Does he desire a yes-man, people pleaser, or is he open to different opinions?

And I’d be leery of any trait proceeded by ‘chronic’. Namely, chronic complainer, chronic arguments, and overly pessimistic.

~Bella

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Now I am gutted. It seems my only hope is that way.

Anguspure,

What is an unbeliever fulfilling in your life that exceeds your faith? How will you offset their lack of belief?

Given your situation, it makes better sense to align yourself with a woman who loves the Lord. You’ll have a companion to share your Christian walk. Otherwise, you’re grappling with the same challenges you face today.

For me, godly men are the better choice and the only one worth considering.

~Bella

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Anguspure,

What is an unbeliever fulfilling in your life that exceeds your faith? How will you offset their lack of belief?

Given your situation, it makes better sense to align yourself with a woman who loves the Lord. You’ll have a companion to share your Christian walk. Otherwise, you’re grappling with the same challenges you face today.

For me, godly men are the better choice and the only one worth considering.

~Bella
Was a misunderstanding. I was thinking @Mountainmanbob was referring to was dating on the mission field. Given the almost complete lack of dateable beleivers in my area, and the difficulty in meeting the ones that are hidden away, it seems that meeting someone on the mission field would be my only hope.

I have learnt my lesson about ungodly women the hard way.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,718.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For both both Men/Women

Someone who isn't born again. Watch out for wolves in sheep's clothing, or wolves in wolves clothing. The 'church' can be full of 'em. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Was a misunderstanding. I was thinking @Mountainmanbob was referring to was dating on the mission field. Given the almost complete lack of dateable beleivers in my area, and the difficulty in meeting the ones that are hidden away, it seems that meeting someone on the mission field would be my only hope.

I have learnt my lesson about ungodly women the hard way.

Missionary dating refers to meeting somebody that is not born again and still dating them with the hope and desire that some day they will be born again.
Usually it does not work out.

Christian dating non Christian hoping they will change in time.

M-Bob

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.