• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

What About You....... ARE YOU SURE?

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by sunlover1, May 24, 2011.

1. tadoflamb

tadoflamb no identificado

+7,256
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    My conclusion is reached by the testimony of bible-onlyiests and their subsequent divisions and disparity in belief and practice.

2. LittleLambofJesus

LittleLambofJesus PESKY DEVIL! GIT! l SAID GIT! Supporter

+28,323
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Is this going to turn into another RCvsProtestant thread? :sorry:

3. tadoflamb

tadoflamb no identificado

+7,256
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    Stop trying to draw me out of the Church and it won't be. :)

4. LittleLambofJesus

LittleLambofJesus PESKY DEVIL! GIT! l SAID GIT! Supporter

+28,323
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Okie dokie.
    With that I am going to bow outta this thread for awhile :angel:

5. Optimax

Optimax Senior Veteran

+441
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Republican
    1 John 5:11-13

11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
    KJV

6. Tangible

Tangible Decision Theology = Ex Opere Operato

+1,246
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    Rom 6:3 Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4 We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his.

Mark 16:16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Heb 6:17 So when God desired to show more convincingly to the heirs of the promise the unchangeable character of his purpose, he guaranteed it with an oath, 18 so that by two unchangeable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled for refuge might have strong encouragement to hold fast to the hope set before us. 19 We have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain, 20 where Jesus has gone as a forerunner on our behalf, having become a high priest forever after the order of Melchizedek.

7. visionary

visionary Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I. Supporter

+6,190
    Messianic
    Church confirmation is nothing more than the opinions of a group of men. God witnesses to the truth through scripture and that is the best :thumbsup:

8. Sieben

Sieben Guest

+0
    personally i don't look for god. because i already found him.
    i am very sure and don't worry if i am wrong.

even if my beliefs are different from many of yours;
    i just believe what the bible says basically.
    ive completely rejected churches though

9. visionary

visionary Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I. Supporter

+6,190
    Messianic
    :clap:stay in His light.. :thumbsup: and you will do well.

10. JacktheCatholic

JacktheCatholic Praise be to Jesus Christ. Now and forever.

+2,258
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others

I think the analogy given in the Prodigal Son explains it best.

11. ViaCrucis

ViaCrucis Evangelical Catholic of the Augsburg Confession

+15,941
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    I have assurance in Christ that I have been justified before God by His grace and that I am being renewed and transformed in Him by the power of the Spirit.

In any event, whether this mortal life expires or the Lord returns I will stand before God and He will be my judge. Whatever His judgments they are good and right. I hope in His grace, that He be merciful to me, a sinner. Glory be to God.

-CryptoLutheran

12. Servant of Jesus

Servant of Jesus Guest

+0
    When you say that you believe the Bible, but have rejected churches, are you not saying that you've accepted Christianity as a faith, but rejected the man-made institution we call "religion"- which has all the problems inherent in all man-made institutions.

If this is the case, I would urge you to find a church that you can enjoy- remember a "church" is just people gathered together to worship the Lord; so all you need are a couple of friends to share your faith with, and where you can learn and grow and support each other in faith!

Again, we need to be careful not to denigrate our faith by confusing it with the institution of religion; there is a big difference!