What About You....... ARE YOU SURE?

F

from scratch

Mt 7:12Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
Mt 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mt 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Re 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the
Now that sure enough clouds the issue and breeds doubt and confusion.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
"the righteous live by faith"
:clap: and in keeping the faith.. it shows in their life.. that they have the testimony of Yeshua and they also keep the commandments of God

Revelation 12:17
And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 14:12
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
:clap: and in keeping the faith.. it shows in their life.. that they have the testimony of Yeshua and they also keep the commandments of God

Revelation 12:17
And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 14:12
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

yeah . i had enough troubles from the law . it is the seed that brings sin and death and then the devil into someone's life .

God taught me a way more related to His heart and character .

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
yeah . i had enough troubles from the law . it is the seed that brings sin and death and then the devil into someone's life .

God taught me a way more related to His heart and character .
You can not know His heart or character unless you see Him in the prophets, the law, and the psalms as Yeshua said.:wave:

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
You can not know His heart or character unless you see Him in the prophets, the law, and the psalms as Yeshua said.:wave:

The law is a school teacher . but one cannot remain in school forever .

when you have a career . the relationship takes precedence .

and the scripture takes a secondary role .

if this is not your experience . that's fine . but don't be forcing other people to demature and stuff .

Upvote 0

Apr 16, 2011
USA
✟6,678.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I speak about grace and trusting God and you automatically begin speaking about the law . do you know it is written that you need to surpass the righteousness of the pharisees to actually enter the kingdom of heaven? how are you gonna accomplish that if you keep acting like them?

Saying that Gods will includes abstaining from fornication is acting like a pharisee? No its more like a Christian who is speaking about Gods will. I was talking about the law of love and Gods will for us. And i live by faith under Christs law.

Upvote 0

Apr 16, 2011
USA
✟6,678.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Now that sure enough clouds the issue and breeds doubt and confusion.

It only cast doubt about what you say but it highlights and affirms the teaching of Jesus and His apostles. Its about love. You're breeding confusion by saying that adultery is an obscure OT law that is not included in Gods will for us all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Apr 16, 2011
USA
✟6,678.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think so at all. Sorry we have this disagrement.

Abstaining from adultery, fornication and covetousness is not NC doctrine? Not stealing from or bearing false witness against our neighbor out of love is not NC doctrine? You must be confused.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Saying that Gods will includes abstaining from fornication is acting like a pharisee? No its more like a Christian who is speaking about Gods will. I was talking about the law of love and Gods will for us. And i live by faith under Christs law.

The law of liberty is to love your neighbour as yourself and to not show favouritism based on outward distinctions . read James . it seems to speak to what you commonly express .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I never showed favouritism.

but you're missing the point . being under the law of liberty . means no longer being under the mosaic law .

the point is to judge with mercy

or your judgment will be without mercy .

that's what James was talking about .

Upvote 0

Apr 16, 2011
USA
✟6,678.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
but you're missing the point . being under the law of liberty . means no longer being under the mosaic law .

the point is to judge with mercy

or your judgment will be without mercy .

that's what James was talking about .

What mosaic law? I only refer to the law given by Jesus and the apostles. Some of it just happens to come from mosaic law.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
What mosaic law? I only refer to the law given by Jesus and the apostles. Some of it just happens to come from mosaic law.

i think i'll just let you impale yourself with that sword .

besides you're totally off topic for this thread .

if being saved is about following a set of rules then Jesus died for nothing .

Upvote 0

Apr 16, 2011
USA
✟6,678.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
i think i'll just let you impale yourself with that sword .

besides you're totally off topic for this thread .

if being saved is about following a set of rules then Jesus died for nothing .

I didn't bring it up and if you wasn't asking me questions or making comments about my posts i wouldn't need to reply to them. Am i not supposed to respond?

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I didn't bring it up and if you wasn't asking me questions or making comments about my posts i wouldn't need to reply to them. Am i not supposed to respond?

well, you sure are a better lot than i've seen on here before with your attitude . so i can be thankful for that .

Upvote 0