Pacific north west
✟404,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is the NIV... but... what animal is this?

If not a dinosaur?

Behemoth Job 40:15-24

It was made with man, a very large Mammal.
It did not exist in the pre-Adam world.
Paraceratherium - Wikipedia

an extinct, gigantic, hornless rhinoceros
And their description neatly fits Job’s
description of the behemoth.

Man could not live with giant T-Rexs

Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟404,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I tend to think we don't know how long passed between the creation of Adam and his fall.

Genesis 5:3 (KJV)
And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years,
and begat a son in his own likeness, after his
image; and called his name Seth:

Genesis 5:5 (KJV)
And all the days that Adam lived were
nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

Adam lived 936 years,
from creation to death.
Not sure where there could be a gap.

• Agree
Reactions: miamited
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Behemoth Job 40:15-24

It was made with man, a very large Mammal.
It did not exist in the pre-Adam world.

an extinct, gigantic, hornless rhinoceros
And their description neatly fits Job’s
description of the behemoth.

Man could not live with giant T-Rexs
Not a rhino..... take a look at the rhino's tail.....
We live with Grizzly bears... and tigers.... all equally fatal to man.

Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟404,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not a rhino..... take a look at the rhino's tail.....
We live with Grizzly bears... and tigers.... all equally fatal to man.
Postcranial skeleton[edit]

"No complete set of vertebrae and ribs of Paraceratherium has yet been found and
the tail is completely unknown."

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I'm sorry... did I say that? Nope.. My point was that you "DO" believe the gospel... but don't believe other scripture..

But.. if you want to spin what I say too...... go ahead...

At what point did I say I don't believe Job 40:17? I didn't.

Not reading a text the way you read it is not the same thing as not believing what it says.

I take the Bible seriously, and so I make a concerted effort to want to understand what it says--not just what I think it should say.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,553.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I do not know what i was thinking, I mean a believer actually believing the Bible, how dumb of me.
No. You have a particular literalistic interpretation that is, worldwide at least, a minority position.

It borders on, nay, actually is, dishonest to imply others do not "believe the Bible" just because these people do not close their eyes to the manifest facts of reality (e.g. evolution, facts about stars and the size of the universe).

Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟404,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The bible does not say much
about the Age of Reptiles[Dinos]

John 1 God and the Word before time.
Angeles where made before the earth.

...God created the heaven and the earth.

The Fall of Satan before the garden event.
Isaiah 14:13, 14, Ezekiel 28:17, Luke 10:18
the "god of this age" 2 Corinthians 4:4

In Genesis 1:2 the word was should actually
be translated became. In other words,
Earth became without form and void,
Like Lots wife [ became] a piller of salt.

Earth’s initial creation may have occurred
billions of years before the creation of Adam.
The Bible does not say how long ago this was.

God... created it not in vain, he formed it
to be inhabited: .. Isaiah 45:18
-

In Science we have the big bang,
Then We have the Age of Reptiles.
The Age of Reptiles - Wikipedia

We see astroids hit the earth killing dinasours.
Places like Dinosaur Tracks contest to it.
Navajo Nation To Preserve Dinosaur Tracks

After impact, the earth was coverd with water.
Asteroid Crashes Likely Gave Earth Its Water | Space

Geologists refer to a massive worldwide
destruction as [the Cretaceous extinction].
Cretaceous–Paleogene extinction event - Wikipedia

Psalms 104:30 (KJV)
Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created:
and thou renewest the face of the earth.

-In 6 days God renewed the face of the earth
and what is above us that we see.

The sudden change in the fossil record from
the Age of Reptiles to the Age of Mammals.

The Beginning of the Age of Mammals and man.
The Age of Mammals

Now they find the fossils of modern-type animals,
like mammals and birds, as well as modern plants.
Evolution (Vol.4) - Pt.I, CH.10

It is only in “post-Cretaceous” rocks that the re-
mains of modern-type animals and man are found.

Grasses and fruiting trees also do not show up
in the fossil record until the age of man. God
created these plants specifically for man’s use.

Genesis is describing the re-creation of Earth
after the surface had been destroyed. Adam
was created only less then 6000 years ago.
-

Rates of decay would change with the flood,
and what happened before Adam in Gen.1:2

Science has no idea what rates it was back then,
and there current estamates is over rated and high.

Also using a reasonable mutational clock, our mito-
chondrial Eve easily dates back within 6,000 years

More Fluctuations Found in Isotopic Clocks
More Fluctuations Found in Isotopic Clocks

"Age-dating a rock using its radioactive isotopes only works by assuming that the rate at which that "clock" ticks was constant in the past and essentially identical to that in the present."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

steppinrazor

Philippians 4:8, Proverbs 3:6
Site Supporter
Jan 4, 2020
Mount Juliet
✟83,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The Bible doesnt give any indication of the age of the earth, the universe, or man. As a student of Gods word and common sense, I subscribe to Uniformitarianism, in geology, the doctrine suggesting that Earth's geologic processes acted in the same manner and with essentially the same intensity in the past as they do in the present and that such uniformity is sufficient to account for all geologic change. It is easy as pie to understand and see for youself. Not to mention that we have solid science that provides the age of minerals, rocks, and some animal and plant life within a few thousand years. Its quite incredible.
You can live with you head in the sand saying the earth is 6000 yrs old, but you will start to really appreciate Gods creation when you open you eyes and ears and pay attention. In my humlble opinion, everything can be answered with simple answers, nothing is complicated. If you make it complicated, I think you are doing yourself a disservice.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟910,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
One reason I believe but have some doubt about the bible is because man found dinosaur fossils and other things that confirm the Earth is older than the bible says. So if the bible is true, why doesn't it mention Dinosaurs? If it's true, then why does it say the earth is only thousands of years old?

excellent question. You are demonstrating the total incompatibility between belief in the Bible and belief in evolutionism.

Darwin, Provine, P.Z. Meyers et al -- freely admit that they started out as Christians then when they switched to "belief in evolution" it killed Christian faith for them. As designed.

Notice that when soft tissue and DNA is found in Dinosaur bones - the first response was "not possible - dinosaurs are too old for that to have remained... you must have done something wrong in your lab".. but then it was "confirmed" this is the "real deal"..

So then... how to "fix it"

"The research, headed by Mary Schweitzer, a molecular paleontologist at North Carolina State University, explains how proteins — and possibly even DNA — can survive millennia. Schweitzer and her colleagues first raised this question in 2005, when they found the seemingly impossible: soft tissue preserved inside the leg of an adolescent T. rex unearthed in Montana."

Evolutionism is a story-format where "any ol excuse will do" so long as it maintains the narrative. But what are the "Facts"??

Some of the most prominent atheist evolutionists are on record complaining about this problem in the so-called "science" of guesswork some call blind faith evolutionism.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟910,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Nowhere does the Bible say that the world is only about 6000 years old.

Until you read it and add up the years that it gives. It reminds us in the gospels that the record it contains goes all the way back to Adam.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PaulCyp1

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2018
Massachusetts
✟239,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The Bible doesn't say anything about the age of the Earth. And even if it did, the Bible is not intended to be a book of science, so if it did say anything about age of the Earth, that would simply reveal the scientific ignorance of people several thousand years ago, and would not be not be part of the Bible's actual subject matter, which is God's plan of salvation.

Upvote 0

steppinrazor

Philippians 4:8, Proverbs 3:6
Site Supporter
Jan 4, 2020
Mount Juliet
✟83,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
excellent question. You are demonstrating the total incompatibility between belief in the Bible and belief in evolutionism.

Notice that when soft tissue and DNA is found in Dinosaur bones - the first response was "not possible - dinosaurs are too old for that to have remained... you must have done something wrong in your lab".. but then it was "confirmed" this is the "real deal"..

So then... how to "fix it"

"The research, headed by Mary Schweitzer, a molecular paleontologist at North Carolina State University, explains how proteins — and possibly even DNA — can survive millennia. Schweitzer and her colleagues first raised this question in 2005, when they found the seemingly impossible: soft tissue preserved inside the leg of an adolescent T. rex unearthed in Montana."

Total incompatibility? Thats over reaching. One can easily believe in creationism AND evolution. I am one those people. Once I realized both parties are saying the same thing, my ability to understand Gods works was expanded exponentially. It is a wonderful and beautiful thing to understand Gods creation through science and understanding through the scientific method. Dont believe your pastors, science is NOT the enemy

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟910,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Total incompatibility? Thats over reaching. One can easily believe in creationism AND evolution.

At some distance from the details it most certainly can be done. No doubt about it.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟910,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
. Once I realized both parties are saying the same thing, my ability to understand Gods works was expanded exponentially.

Show me one single science text book on evolutionism that states its theory in the form "11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it." Ex 20:11

That's "legal code" in Exodus 20... it is not literature that can be bent to "myth" or "fiction" ..

Professor James Barr, Regius Professor of Hebrew at the University of Oxford, has written:
‘Probably, so far as I know, there is no professor of Hebrew or Old Testament at any world-class university who does not believe that the writer(s) of Genesis 1–11 intended to convey to their readers the ideas that: (a) creation took place in a series of six days which were the same as the days of 24 hours we now experience (b) the figures contained in the Genesis genealogies provided by simple addition a chronology from the beginning of the world up to later stages in the biblical story (c) Noah’s flood was understood to be world-wide and extinguish all human and animal life except for those in the ark. Or, to put it negatively, the apologetic arguments which suppose the "days" of creation to be long eras of time, the figures of years not to be chronological, and the flood to be a merely local Mesopotamian flood, are not taken seriously by any such professors, as far as I know.’

Upvote 0