May 28, 2015
✟615,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
...and God COULD hit us with a nearby gamma ray burster. But is there any reason tothink He is LIKELY to in the near future?
It helps if you use the "reply" button so we know who/what you are responding to....gamma rays would take several years (at minimum) to reach us from another star unless you are referring to our system.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It helps if you use the "reply" button so we know who/what you are responding to....gamma rays would take several years (at minimum) to reach us from another star unless you are referring to our system.
...and an omniscient God couldn't have tripped a GRB off at any point in time to hit us at any future point in time of His choosing from this second forward because...?

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟615,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
...and an omniscient God couldn't have tripped a GRB off at any point in time to hit us at any future point in time of His choosing from this second forward because...?
that post made no sense to me at all......tho I do like your dog..

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I made this post a few days ago....you danced around it.....wanna try again?
No dancing necessary. None of the CMEs you mention made the sun (or the moon) shine brighter, none set anything on fire except by causing electrical failures, none scorched anyone, none made the seas boil or anyone's tongue to cleave to the roof of their mouth. Net effect is that CMEs, however unpleasant in their effects to electrical/electronic stuff, do nothing at all that y'all are claiming. Unless they're magic CMEs, and then it's Katy-bar-the-door because they can do ANYTHING.

You wouldn't happen to be filled with admiration for Braxton Bragg, would you?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You might want to go back to emperor worship....it probably suits you better....
Getting a little racist, there, aren't you? Maybe you ought to go back to worshipping whatever pagan mumbo-jumbos your European forebears prostrated themselves to. And FWIW, Koreans have never had an "emperor" to worship. Better stick to the Civil War; Asian History and Theology obviously aren't your strong suits.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
that post made no sense to me at all..
Think of it this way - if God knows (and He certainly does) that Burnside is going to take the bridge and assault Lee's left at Sharpsburg, is He going to have AP Hill's division leave Harper's Ferry 8 hours before then so they can arrive in the -Tada! - nick of time to make a counterattack and turn back Burnside's people? Sure! So if God wants to zap someone with a hearty GRB, He can launch it at such time in the past that it shows up just at the precise instant that the intended zapee steps into the crosshairs. God can do all sorts of cool stuff, because He's like, you know, God.

Last edited:
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,264.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
No dancing necessary. None of the CMEs you mention made the sun (or the moon) shine brighter, none set anything on fire except by causing electrical failures, none scorched anyone, none made the seas boil or anyone's tongue to cleave to the roof of their mouth. Net effect is that CMEs, however unpleasant in their effects to electrical/electronic stuff, do nothing at all that y'all are claiming. Unless they're magic CMEs, and then it's Katy-bar-the-door because they can do ANYTHING.
Obviously you haven't bothered to look up anything about CME's. What they have done to the earth and what scientists say they could do to us.
Your denials and foolish comments above demonstrate an appalling lack of research of the subject you pontificate about and shows how people like you are actually in fear of the truth. This isn't how we Christians should be, the Bible does say there will be terrible and difficult times ahead, but we must maintain our trust in our God. It will be that much harder for all who are surprised, or hold to false theories; like expecting to be raptured outta here.

Reactions: zippy2
Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
that post made no sense to me at all......tho I do like your dog..
Well, try reading it again. You said a gamma ray burster would take years to reach us. If God wanted us extinct 2 seconds from now, why couldn't he have started the gamma rays on their way however long ago it would take for them to reach us two seconds from now, however many millions of years ago that might be?

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Getting a little racist, there, aren't you? Maybe you ought to go back to worshipping whatever pagan mumbo-jumbos your European forebears prostrated themselves to. And FWIW, Koreans have never had an "emperor" to worship. Better stick to the Civil War; Asian History and Theology obviously aren't your strong suits.
A great many of our European forebears were involved in Emperor worship too. I honestly thought that's what he was suggesting to you. It never occured to me that you were Korean or anything but European, although looking at your avatar now, I guess it's kind of obvious in hindsight.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟615,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

You wouldn't happen to be filled with admiration for Braxton Bragg, would you?
Go back and read about increased brightness of solar disk. And I did mention that it would have to be a massive CME.

And no, I am more of a common soldier man myself for all they had to endure.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Before the 1000 years, swords will be beaten and so will spears into farming tools.
Not my swords.

pmonzeR.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What? It shows that nations will not learn war anymore, nor rise against
each other for that 1000 years. But first the great tumult/battle of
Zechariah 14 has to be fought where Israel will fight and win.
This is not Armageddon.
That's nice and all, but I'm not beating any of my swords into farm equipment.

W7aKOs6.jpg

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Paul told the church to remember what he had preached on when he was there in the
past. Paul had not preached as to the Holy Spirit being a restrainer as to the man that
will exalt himself. Go to the end of Daniel 10 and see that Michael and Daniel 11
were the lessons as to what withholds these things.
"For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He (the Holy Spirit) who now restrains (evil) will do so until He is taken out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed ..." 2Thes.7, 8
We are the temple of the Holy Spirit and when we are removed (raptured) the Holy Spirit not be working through us to restrain evil anymore. God through history restrained evil through us by creating governments, laws, etc. to protect our property and rights. When we are gone, the Restrainer of evil will be gone as well. Capisce?

Upvote 0