savedbygrace71

Chief of sinners
Aug 1, 2015
✟15,340.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
http://www.charismanews.com/opinion...ing-catastrophic-is-coming-should-we-tune-out
Interesting article that is worth the read. I pray that we, as followers of Christ, wake up and take the gospel to the lost and live the lives that God has called us to. It is so easy to get caught up in the distractions of this world and not realize what we are living in. This is not our home. We need to fix our eyes above and live like Christ could come back at any moment, because He could. I look forward to seeing some discussion. God bless!

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
Could happen before this day is over .... nothing to prevent

However, He has not revealed the dating

.... and date setting by men should not be a practice

Because if wrong this makes a mockery of the Lord's own Word on the matter

Many professing Christian movements have attempted and paid the price .... even some committed suicide when the event did not come to pass [example: Ellen G. White/William Miller of the early SDA "church"]

Upvote 0

Grafted In

Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Upper midwest
✟52,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think you kinda shot from the hip with your implication that my words make a mockery of God's own words. There is spiritual evidence that the rapture may very well occur on the Feast of Trumpets. I set no date nor time. The belief that it will occure on the Feast of Trumpets is not what is sinful. There is a Feast of Trumpets every year and nowhere in my post did I predict a time.
Please note, however, that Christ fulfilled the first 4 of the Feast Days set forth in Leviticus in such a way as to clearly point out what any believer can understand.The next Feast in line to be fulfilled is Trumpets. A reasonable day to consider for the fulfillment of that feast.

Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
"I think you kinda shot from the hip with your implication that my words make a mockery of God's own words. There is spiritual evidence that the rapture may very well occur on the Feast of Trumpets"

The Lord has said no to your speculation .... and He would not have said this if you could figure it out using you methodology

Using feast days and mixing the same in with the visions of the prophets for predicting the Lord's next intervention should never be done .... and those who do it will always be wrong

What religious movement do you follow today that teaches you to do this thing?

Just curious

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟794,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you truely are lumping me in with those who had set exact dates only to be revealed as a fool, then you missed nothing.

September 13th sounds pretty exact to me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grafted In

Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Upper midwest
✟52,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
September 13th sounds pretty exact to me.

There have been roughly 2000 Feast of Trumpets since the time of Christ. That is not a perfect fit in your interpretation of my words.
There have been and will continue to be 24 hours on every Feast of Trumpets. That does not fit perfectly into your interpretation of my words.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟794,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There have been roughly 2000 Feast of Trumpets since the time of Christ. That is not a perfect fit in your interpretation of my words.
There have been and will continue to be 24 hours on every Feast of Trumpets. That does not fit perfectly into your interpretation of my words.
And they are all on September 13th?

Upvote 0

Grafted In

Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Upper midwest
✟52,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And they are all on September 13th?

It is this year.

My belief that the rapture will occur on the Feast of Trumpets isn't just something I grabbed out of the air. I have done much study on the issue.
I'm sure you clearly understand the reason the fulfillment of the first 4 Feasts occured on the exact day of that feast. Why would you not be willing to even consider the possibility that the fulfilment of the 5th Feast would also occur on the exact day of that feast? I can't see that as setting a day or time. There's a Feast of Trumpets every year and there are over 80,000 twinkling of the eyes (seconds) in 24 hours.

How can you be so certain "The Lord has said no to your speculation ...".
I set no certain time or day. I simply said that September 13 may just be the day, the Feast Day this year. Has He given you permission to speak for Him?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Peter agreed with you on the day of Pentecost...

Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,793.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Thanks Grafted in, you are a true Berean for your study and understanding of God's Word.
There have been more that 3500 Yom Teruah, Feast of trumpet celebrations since God ordained it. Numbers 29:1-6 There was no reason given for this Day, then the Day of Atonement that follows 10 days later. Also Tabernacle's a few days after.
These Feasts have never had their final fulfilment as the Spring ones did at the first Advent of Jesus. They are, therefore highly significant for us, in the last days.
Yom Teruah occurs on the day the first sliver of the new moon is sighted from the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. It is a Day that no one can accurately predict, although the modern Jewish calendar fixes the Day to the nearest estimated day.
We are told that the Lord will take action on His Appointed Day. Habakkuk 2:3, Acts of the Apostles 17:31, Joel 2:1-2

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,793.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Did Numbers preceed Leviticus 23:23-25 ?
They are both referring to the same Day.
I note that you expect a rapture on that Day of the Lord's wrath. Zephaniah 1:14-18 That Day will come upon everyone, Luke 21:34-35, Revelation 6:15, Isaiah 13:6, Isaiah 66:16, Jeremiah 25:29-33 and many others that say this judgement/punishment will come to everyone on earth. Don't expect to be taken out of this, as it will be our test of faith, 1 Peter 4:12, and the fulfilment of 1 Corinthians 3:13-15
We look to a great future of living in all of the Holy Land, in peace and prosperity. Ezekiel 34:11-31, Psalms 69:35-36

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
"Don't expect to be taken out of this, as it will be our test of faith"

The Lord has said that He will keep His true ecclesia "from" His coming wrath and judgment upon the whole world .... not "in" it

He did not say "do not expect that what I said is true" .... I am just playing with your mind

The true believer has no need to be the receiver of His unmitigated unprecedented judgment upon a lost world

What was your Grandmother's test of faith since she will not be subjected to the Lord's coming wrath and judgment as you think you need to be?

Humans cannot earn salvation by works .... one either believes in Jesus Christ who is able and willing to save him .... or they do not

.... and to return to the subject of this thread .... the world has been and is in the "last days" of this present age

However, it is the Lord who decides when He will break in to consummate

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,793.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The true believer has no need to be the receiver of His unmitigated unprecedented judgment upon a lost world
I can quote dozens of scriptures that tell us of His protection during the forthcoming worldwide judgement/punishment. Starting from the example of Daniel 3:19-27
But I have yet to see the verse that says something like: I will take My people out of the world, up to heaven so they will avoid any nasty tribulations.

Re; are we in the last days? Unequivocally YES.
How do I know that? From the 7000 year Plan of God for mankind. There was exactly 4000 years from Adam to Christ, now nearly 2000 years have passed and soon will commence the last 1000 years of the Millennium reign of Jesus on earth.

Upvote 0