Visit site
✟293,697.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The Lake of Fire is the same thing as Tribulation?
No.
The Great Tribulation of the 7 Trumpets and 7 Bowls occurs in the last 3.5 years before the Return of Jesus.
After the Return, Jesus will throw the 'beast and the false prophet' into the Lake of Fire. Revelation 19:20
Then after the Millennium, anyone whose name is not found in the book of life, go there too. Revelation 20:14-15

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
parousia70 said:
The Lake of Fire is the same thing as Tribulation?

Ok, so what then do you believe Paul meant when He promised the 1st century Thessalonians that Jesus was going to repay those who were persecuting them with tribulation?

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
No.
The Great Tribulation of the 7 Trumpets and 7 Bowls occurs in the last 3.5 years before the Return of Jesus.
After the Return, Jesus will throw the 'beast and the false prophet' into the Lake of Fire. Revelation 19:20

Keras, I also agree that the lake of fire is a place where God puts an end to the wicked. But I doubt that the 7 Trumpets and 7 Bowls occurs in the last 3.5 years before the Return of Jesus. The 7 Trumpets take up the entire 3.5 years which is also the same prophetic time period as the 42 months of Revelation 13. The 7 bowls, which serve as the slow motion destruction of the kingdom of the Antichrist, can't begin until the beasts authority is completed.

I still think that "And except those days should be shortened," remains as a type of loophole where the Lord could make an adjustment in the duration for our appointed time of the end.

"but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened".

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,697.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Ok, so what then do you believe Paul meant when He promised the 1st century Thessalonians that Jesus was going to repay those who were persecuting them with tribulation?
The Thessalonians who received that letter got encouragement from it, they were proved worthy of the Kingdom by their suffering. But they saw that those who afflicted them were not, at that time judged and punished. They knew that God's Day of wrath, in blazing fire; was something to happen far into the future.
Those saints of that era will be raised and will reign with Jesus, while at the G.W.T, their persecutors will be flung into the Lake of Fire.
What Paul is prophesying about in 2 Thessalonians 1:6-10, is the Sixth seal, a soon to happen event of a similar magnitude to Noah's Flood; the great world changer that will set the scene for the Return of Jesus.

Upvote 0

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
with Charlie at the Chocolate Factory
✟273,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Keras, I also agree that the lake of fire is a place where God puts an end to the wicked. But I doubt that the 7 Trumpets and 7 Bowls occurs in the last 3.5 years before the Return of Jesus. The 7 Trumpets take up the entire 3.5 years which is also the same prophetic time period as the 42 months of Revelation 13. The 7 bowls, which serve as the slow motion destruction of the kingdom of the Antichrist, can't begin until the beasts authority is completed.

I still think that "And except those days should be shortened," remains as a type of loophole where the Lord could make an adjustment in the duration for our appointed time of the end.

"but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened".
How can the 7 trumpets take up either 7 years or 3.5 years?

The 3rd woe alone (the beast from the sea and earth of Rev 13) takes up 3.5 years- the 2nd half of the '7 year trib'. The 5th trumpet is 5 months and the 6th is 1 year, 1 month, 1 day, 1 hour. Basically, the 3 woes start 1.5 years before the 2nd half starts.

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
The 3rd woe alone (the beast from the sea and earth of Rev 13) takes up 3.5 years- the 2nd half of the '7 year trib'. The 5th trumpet is 5 months and the 6th is 1 year, 1 month, 1 day, 1 hour. Basically, the 3 woes start 1.5 years before the 2nd half starts.
googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display('div-gpt-ad-1431698694306-1'); });

Interesting, I see. You guys still think that the tribulation is 7 years long.

I missed out on reading the Bible Prophecy study guides.

You might like my Apocalypse better.

It's fast.

"Behold I come quickly"

The 42 months from Revelation 11:2, 1,260 days from Revelation 11:3 and the 42 months from Revelation 13:5 are all simultaneous prophetic time periods that conclude with the 7th trumpet when the Mystery of God is fulfilled.

The Antichrist is Lucifer who appears in person about 1/2 ways through our appointed time of the end at the 5th trumpet. The Man of Sin will only be a nuisance for about 1.5 years after the rise of his composite beast. The problem is that he gets to bring his whole team along with him.

The 7 bowls take care of him and his friends and take place over a very short number of days. If they are literal bowls, they couldn't be drawn out over a very long period of time. There would be no flesh saved alive.

Enjoy>

Upvote 0

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
with Charlie at the Chocolate Factory
✟273,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interesting, I see. You guys still think that the tribulation is 7 years long.

I missed out on reading the Bible Prophecy study guides.

You might like my Apocalypse better.

It's fast.

"Behold I come quickly"

The 42 months from Revelation 11:2, 1,260 days from Revelation 11:3 and the 42 months from Revelation 13:5 are all simultaneous prophetic time periods that conclude with the 7th trumpet when the Mystery of God is fulfilled.

The Antichrist is Lucifer who appears in person about 1/2 ways through our appointed time of the end at the 5th trumpet. The Man of Sin will only be a nuisance for about 1.5 years after the rise of his composite beast. The problem is that he gets to bring his whole team along with him.

The 7 bowls take care of him and his friends and take place over a very short number of days. If they are literal bowls, they couldn't be drawn out over a very long period of time. There would be no flesh saved alive.

Enjoy>

There is a 7 year covenant, but is not synonymous with 7 years of "tribulation". The 3rd woe is the 7 headed 10 crowned Satan of chap 13/ beast from the sea / earth - the 1260 days of Christian persecution. The 7 headed 10 crowned (10 toes have power) Satan has power for 1260 days.

The 7 headed 7 crowned Satan arrives simultaneously with the birth of Zion/ sign of the son of man in heaven. (Sept 23, 2017) Revelation 12:1-3

The 7 headed 7 crowned Satan's arrival is signaled by the "woes". The 1st woe is when Satan arrives. Satan arrives at the beginning of Trumpet 5. This is when Satan is pursuing the woman

Revelation 12

13 And when the dragon saw that he had been thrown down to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child. 14 But the woman was given the two wings of the great eagle so that she might fly from the serpent into the wilderness, to the place where she is to be nourished for a time, and times, and half a time.

(now the 2nd woe/ Trumpet 6 war)
15 The serpent poured water like a river out of his mouth after the woman, to sweep her away with a flood. 16 But the earth came to the help of the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed the river that the dragon had poured from his mouth.

(now the 3rd woe/ Trumpet 7/ chap 13 beast from the sea and earth - Satan with 7 heads, 10 crowns)
17 Then the dragon became furious with the woman and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus. And he stood on the sand of the sea.

And I saw a beast rising out of the sea, with ten horns and seven heads, with ten diadems on its horns and blasphemous names on its heads. 2 And the beast that I saw was like a leopard; its feet were like a bear's, and its mouth was like a lion's mouth. And to it the dragon gave his power and his throne and great authority. 3 One of its heads seemed to have a mortal wound, but its mortal wound was healed, and the whole earth marveled as they followed the beast. 4 And they worshiped the dragon, for he had given his authority to the beast, and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast, and who can fight against it?”

5 And the beast was given a mouth uttering haughty and blasphemous words, and it was allowed to exercise authority for forty-two months.​

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,697.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
But the wrath of God isn't completed until the last of the plagues: Revelation 15:1
I agree with Tranquil, the first half of the last seven years before the Return of Jesus, will be a time of peace as the Treaty between the AC and new Israel holds. Then the AC breaks it and conquers the 'holy people' Daniel 7:25 This triggers the Great Tribulation of 1260 days, 42 months, 3.5 years. All the same time period and as soon as it is over Jesus will Return and destroy the armies surrounding Jerusalem.
The 'woman' consists of those who refused to accede to that treaty. Daniel 11:32 and also those who go into exile in Zechariah 14:2. They are taken to safety, to a place on earth far away from Israel and gathered again as per Matthew 24:31

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Guess that is one more than you got
Nope, that was your total.

...try to catch up.

I guess if I wanted to "catch up" to you I could get my prophetic insights from the Jehovah's Witnesses or the Muslims or somebody. That'd probably get me even with you... eventually. <LAUGH>

BTW, when you're making your sin offering in the Millennial Temple the DFs say is gonna replace the Church, will you need to wear a yarmulke and a tallit? Jest wondering.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I guess if I wanted to "catch up" to you I could get my prophetic insights from the Jehovah's Witnesses or the Muslims or somebody.
And here I thought that was where you were getting them from....my bad:clap:.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums