✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Although the United States was envisioned from centuries back as a Utopia that would become the core of an empire to replace the British Empire, that plan went wrong beginning in 1906 when Rockefeller's General Education Board started off the work of destroying education in the USA.

Although highly respected in World War I, American soldiers by WW2 were not well thought of. And the 'Manhattan Project' was almost entirely staffed by foreign scientists, and the shortage of Americans to work in the highest levels of technology has remained a problem.

My own experience is that it is becoming worse as the white male non veterans who for whatever reason have led so many successful companies and innovations - Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Henry Ford, Nicholai Tesla, Enrico Fermi, Albert Einstein etc. are now the category so heavily discriminated against.

Equality is good, a more equal distribution of wealth is essential, breaking the system where members of the elite select other members of the elite into the revolving doors of success in government, trusts, and banks is also essential,

but a quota system working solely against white non-veteran males is something we can not afford.

Last edited:

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟494,075.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
The scientists working for the manhattan project were mostly german. German was the leading nation of science of the day, and scientists usually spoke in german to each other because of that.

Reactions: MorkandMindy
Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Andrew Yang's Forward Party
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
At present the US is losing 1/2 trillion a year in trade, and the banks are losing by most estimates, a lot more than that, perhaps as much as 19 trillion dollars since the bailouts in 2008 / 2009.

It would appear the banks may be losing more money than even our disastrous trade deficit..

Bernie Sanders said we must break up the 'too big to fail banks'. Hillary said we should allow the banks to decide on their own break up plans. So far they have failed to produce viable plans.

Hillary backed by Goldman Sachs, is someone we can not afford.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
At present the US is losing 1/2 trillion a year in trade, and the banks are losing by most estimates, a lot more than that, perhaps as much as 19 trillion dollars since the bailouts in 2008 / 2009.

It would appear the banks may be losing more money than even our disastrous trade deficit..

Bernie Sanders said we must break up the 'too big to fail banks'. Hillary said we should allow the banks to decide on their own break up plans. So far they have failed to produce viable plans.

Hillary backed by Goldman Sachs, is someone we can not afford.
A trade deficit doesn't mean you are magically losing money. It just means that foreign countries hold a lot of US currency. They could dump that currency which would inflate the cost of imports, but it would just correct itself because then we would buy domestic goods. In fact if this happened it could create a lot of manufacturing jobs in America. The trade deficit is something of a boogeyman that seems spooky, but isn't all that dangerous. You just need to have ample resources to fill in the void of imported goods, which frankly, the US has tons of.

Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Although the United States was envisioned from centuries back as a Utopia that would become the core of an empire to replace the British Empire, that plan went wrong beginning in 1906 when Rockefeller's General Education Board started off the work of destroying education in the USA.

Although highly respected in World War I, American soldiers by WW2 were not well thought of. And the 'Manhattan Project' was almost entirely staffed by foreign scientists, and the shortage of Americans to work in the highest levels of technology has remained a problem.

My own experience is that it is becoming worse as the white male non veterans who for whatever reason have led so many successful companies and innovations - Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Henry Ford, Nicholai Tesla, Enrico Fermi, Albert Einstein etc. are now the category so heavily discriminated against.

Equality if good, a more equal distribution of wealth is essential, breaking the system where members of the elite select other members of the elite into the revolving doors of success in government, trusts, and banks is also essential,

but a quota system working against white non-veteran males is something we can not afford.
White males are being "heavily" discriminated against? BWHAHAHAHA!!!! Dear Lord, thank you so much for the laugh.

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hillary Clinton was a prime proponent of the War in Iraq, key to gaining support for it from the Democrat Party, and she continued to support it for 5 years.

Allegedly after a meeting with the French President Hillary became a proponent of a war in Libya.

Contrary to the UN resolution she decided with other belligerent nations, particularly the French, to bomb the government security forces and headquarters in Tripoli and to end the M. Gaddafi Presidency.

Allegedly she had simply failed to learn from the Iraq War still going on at the time that it is bad to remove a ruling power if you have no idea who or what should take it's place.

Just another mistake. A million dead most likely in Iraq but everyone makes mistakes.

I don't know how anyone with a conscience can survive with that much on it, maybe she just doesn't have a conscience?

We can not afford the cost of these wars nor to make any more enemies.

We can't afford her.

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A trade deficit doesn't mean you are magically losing money. It just means that foreign countries hold a lot of US currency. They could dump that currency which would inflate the cost of imports, but it would just correct itself because then we would buy domestic goods. In fact if this happened it could create a lot of manufacturing jobs in America. The trade deficit is something of a boogeyman that seems spooky, but isn't all that dangerous. You just need to have ample resources to fill in the void of imported goods, which frankly, the US has tons of.

I sort of agree, basically that is devaluing the US dollar.

But by how much?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hillary Clinton was a prime proponent of the War in Iraq, key to gaining support for it from the Democrat Party, and she continued to support it for 5 years.

Allegedly after a meeting with the French President Hillary became a proponent of a war in Libya.

Contrary to the UN resolution she decided with other belligerent nations, particularly the French, to bomb the government security forces and headquarters in Tripoli and to end the M. Gaddafi Presidency.

Allegedly she had simply failed to learn from the Iraq War still going on at the time that it is bad to remove a ruling power if you have no idea who or what should take it's place.

Just another mistake. A million dead most likely in Iraq but everyone makes mistakes.

I don't know how anyone with a conscience can survive with that much on it, maybe she just doesn't have a conscience?

We can not afford the cost of these wars nor to make any more enemies.

We can't afford her.
Trump also supported the war. Lots did, primarily because they were lied to about evidence supporting the invasion.

• Agree
Reactions: MrSpikey
Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Trump also supported the war. Lots did, primarily because they were lied to about evidence supporting the invasion.

The pretend 'evidence' was internally inconsistent and also inconsistent with the claimed motive which is why I rejected it outright.

Our failure to get anywhere near our claimed aims in Afghanistan made me suspect Iraq would the same if not worse owing to the reduced resources as a result of our continued failure in Afghanistan.

And our claimed motive to rescue the people of Iraq made me wonder why we weren't starting an aid mission in Central Africa instead.

Our claimed motive was inconsistent with our actions.

These are things policy makers would notice immediately even though the public with more interest in other things would very likely miss them.

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What do you think of Trumps plans on the economy? Why do you think the USA can afford him and not Clinton?

The US economy is heading down hill rapidly.

One question is whether to take some form of action or simply print dollars until they exceed our assets and let others take all of our assets.

Personally I prefer Trump's stand against the T-TIP to Hillary's private stand in favor of that kind of arrangement.

I see letting nature take it's course as a painful and unnecessary option.

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Pretty well every nation on the planet, except Britain of course, has rules which help avoid the pain of having to readjust it's economy to that of China.

The German government prevents the sale of German companies to foreigners if it feels it would be against the (German) public's interest.

Opening the doors of your free market to places with labor rates of 75 cents an hour means you will not compete until your own labor rates are 75 cents an hour.

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I hope technology will overtake Trump's ploy to win the votes in N Dakota by speaking in favor of fracking etc.

If we spent as much on solar energy farms as Hillary wants spent on wars we will be energy self sufficient in a few years and have higher employment rates doing useful things.

I think Trump needs to talk to Bernie and Jill and continue to ignore Mrs. I'm-a-fighter-and-war-is-me Clinton. She is on entirely the wrong track.

We need solutions not debate points.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟494,075.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

One question is whether to take some form of action or simply print dollars until they exceed our assets and let others take all of our assets.

Personally I prefer Trump's stand against the T-TIP to Hillary's private stand in favor of that kind of arrangement.

I see letting nature take it's course as a painful and unnecessary option.
That didn't really answer my question in any way.

Upvote 0

JonFromMinnesota

Sep 3, 2015
Minnesota
✟52,766.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

White males being heavily discriminated against!!?!?!?!?! WOWWWWWWWWWW.

The US economy is actually growing. Slow but it is growing. The October job report comes out tomorrow too which is expected to show the unemployment rate dip below 5% and average earnings to rise by 0.3%

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟276,187.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Although the United States was envisioned from centuries back as a Utopia that would become the core of an empire to replace the British Empire

My reading of US history suggests nothing of the sort. The US was formed as an inward looking collection of semi-independent states that was first and foremost concerned with spreading across the face of the North American continent and their own indepence.

Let us not forget the words of Quincy Adams, speaking as sixth US president, about the objectives of the US state when developing and implementing the US constitution:

They had before them in their new position, besides the maintenance of the independence which they had declared, three great objects to attain; the first, to cement and prepare for perpetuity their common union and that of their posterity; the second, to erect and organize civil and municipal governments in their respective states: and the third, to form connections of friendship and of commerce with foreign nations.
Nothing of empire building, or utopias, in that. Adams goes on to admonish about US foreign policy:

Wherever the standard of freedom and independence has been or shall be unfurled, there will her heart, her benedictions and her prayers be. But she goes not abroad in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own. She will recommend the general cause, by the countenance of her voice, and the benignant sympathy of her example.​

that plan went wrong beginning in 1906 when Rockefeller's General Education Board started off the work of destroying education in the USA.

Well, I'd argue that this "plan" never existed, and education in the US was pretty much sub-standard compared to most of Europe until at least the mid 1850s.

The Rockefeller GEB gets spread about in all sorts of conspiracy lunacy. As far as I can tell, it did a lot to promote K to 12 education, founded some left leaning think tanks and started a lot of high schools, some with an agricultural focus, in the Southern states of the US.

Although highly respected in World War I, American soldiers by WW2 were not well thought of.

You may want to re-read your history here.

The US armed forces were sneered at generally by European states prior to late 1917 - the US Army was initially viewed as little more than a police force incapable of fighting the large scale, set piece battles that had been going on in Europe for the past three years.

As the war progressed, the perception of the average US solider changed. Initially, US soliders were viewed as almost suicidally overconfident (or brave), very good riflemen with superb personal equipment, but very poorly led at both the lower and upper command levels and seriously ill-equipped on a strategic level in terms of transport, support weapons, field artillery, and logistics. After about 6 months of fighting, the US solider was viewed as probably better led at the lower level, still very brave but not as likely to take the initiative as the Canadians or Australians and much more willing to lavish equipment and men on objectives than the French or British were.

And the 'Manhattan Project' was almost entirely staffed by foreign scientists,

I think you'll find that the Manhattan project was staffed overwhelmingly by US and UK nationals. There were a few foreign scientists - mostly European nuclear physicists fleeing Fascism and/or Communism - but overall the project was mostly American with secondy British input.

and the shortage of Americans to work in the highest levels of technology has remained a problem.

Not since the 1940s. US STEM education has suffered a little since the 1980s, but generally the US has been able to attract the best brains from around the world to emigrate.

Evidence of such a pattern of discrimination? Personal experience can never be convincing evidence, because its personal.

Equality is good, a more equal distribution of wealth is essential, breaking the system where members of the elite select other members of the elite into the revolving doors of success in government, trusts, and banks is also essential, but a quota system working solely against white non-veteran males is something we can not afford.

Evidence of such a quota system?

Historically speaking, prior to WWII the US was a world leader industrially almost across the board, but a leader only in a few scientific/technological areas. The leaders in the world in scientific endeavors in the late 1930s were Germany, the UK and France, which were the old centres of research and development.

The US underwent an exceptionally rapid technological and scientific growth through the mid to late 1930s into the late 1960s, completely changing the ball game. There were a couple of reasons for this:

Immigration - Einstein and Fermi fled European Nazism, Tesla got out of Serbia (for France, then the US) in the late 1800s because of a repressive state. Basically, the rise of fascism and communism in Western and Eastern Europe and their repression of intellectuals prompted a lot of the smart people to get out. Look at your list of people - most of them are immigrants or the sons of immigrants.
Knowledge and wealth transfer - French and British scientists and delegations visited the US through the 1930s in an effort to harness the tremendous industrial and manpower resources of the US in their impending struggle against Nazism. When war did break out, collaborative research projects were established, which had the effect of dragging the US forward technologically in some key areas.
Funding - The US, not to mention its European allies, poured huge sums of money into ensuring technological parity/superiority in the war effort, as well as in education. US college enrollments doubled between 1938 and 1942 and then doubled again between 1942 and 1948. The G.I. Bill may have been the greatest achievement in US public education since establishing mandatory primary education in the early 1840s.

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What do you think of Trumps plans on the economy? Why do you think the USA can afford him and not Clinton?

The frame I'm working in is the belief that by 20 years in the future the Chinese will be visiting fun places like Las Vegas and Disney World and spending money here,

and that somewhere around then we will enter World sufficiency, where all basic essentials for survival are available to the population of the planet.

I therefore am concerned that the economy survive for 20 years.

At present rates, Obama policy, the economy is expected to last just under 10.

Upvote 0