sbvera13

Mar 6, 2007
✟10,490.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sorry, but this video was obviously a satire on "Expelled."

Re the original vid, not the addendum I posted.

Yup, it sure looked that way to me. May have actually been. Regardless, it was paid for by the Expelled producers and made by some of their animators. Of course, nothing says their animators are rabid fundies, so it very well could have been satire anyway.

Upvote 0

Opethian

Big Member
Jan 2, 2006
Molenstede
Visit site
✟16,350.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
It was made by Michael Edmondson, who was a computer animator for Expelled. He wrote to Myers:

Edmondson said:
"The intent of the video has been questioned a lot…I suppose the answer is that I tried to make something that was funny to me and it's not really meant to convince anyone of anything."

So in fact it isn't a video from either side making fun of the other side, but just a fun video. :)

Upvote 0

Bombila

Veteran
Nov 28, 2006
✟13,256.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Edmondson is an independent animator who was hired by the Expelled people to make a funny video - he isn't 'their' animator.

And to his credit, when he found out what the film was really about, he requested that his name be removed from the credits of the film, a serious step for an independent to take.

Regardless of his original intent for the animation, it's still hilarious - he's really talented.

Reactions: TheManeki
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums