• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Founders: Family Tree within WOF and examining Who Founded WOF in all expressions?

Discussion in 'Word of Faith' started by Gxg (G²), Dec 23, 2014.

1. hhodgson

hhodgson Semper-fi Supporter

+292
    United States
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Republican
    Welcome... Yes, this is a good topic... and you present a good question. But, I won't delve into it in this thread, if at all... (not that I'm "chicken" :)). THEY have to account to God for their actions and... to bring it home, So do I![​IMG]

Again, welcome...

2. Truthfrees

Truthfrees Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,897
    Word of Faith
    :thumbsup: I agree that most would consider Hagin the founder of WOF.

The founding teachers (Hagin, Capps Copeland) have kept themselves in company with reputable wof ministers as their method of keeping themselves accountable.

IOW, they pray for, minister with, and counsel each other, because they choose to.

The fact that there is no denomination with a governing body means we're looking to YHWH as our Governor (King).

This is in keeping with the precedent set by YHWH who was Israel's Governor (King) before they asked for a king.

:wave:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2015
  3. Simon the Tanner

Simon the Tanner Aspiring Apologist / Theoretical Theologian

+73
    Word of Faith
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Thanks for the warm welcome, hhod. I've been reading through some threads over the past two days and there's some fascinating and informative stuff here. You won't find discussions like this in too many places. I used to visit PalTalk rooms but there's too much trolling in them. The forum format is probably best.

4. Gxg (G²)

Gxg (G²) Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7) Supporter CF Ambassadors

+1,180
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    US-Others
    I think it is more complicated than many give people credit for since others tend to assume that whoever popularizes a message via radio is responsible for the development of a movement - even though radio media is but one outlet used to get information out and there were others always involved.​

5. Gxg (G²)

Gxg (G²) Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7) Supporter CF Ambassadors

+1,180
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    US-Others
    Never got to say that I am glad that the discussions were a blessing for you...:)

6. Gxg (G²)

+1,180
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    US-Others
    G

7. Gxg (G²)

+1,180
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    US-Others
    Came across this recently and it was interesting - there's an amazing book I was reminded of that I was thinking of buying and I didn't know if anyone else had come across it. It's called
    Like a Mighty Wind: Mel Tari ( on which was about Mel's miraculous experiences during the Indonesian revival in 1965 on the island of Timor)- one of the WOF ministers I grew up with refereced the work to me awhile back and it was enjoyable talking to him about his work :) Mel lived on the independent territory of East Timor, and that's where the events occurred...although not long after. East Timor was invaded by Indonesia and there followed over 20 years of Military rule and repression of the indigenous population.

[​IMG]
    Mel Tari is a very dynamic individual and I really enjoyed hearing his testimonies as they blessed me..