✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Numenor said:
I'll try again, do you know what a spirit is? Give us some characteristics.
It can fly, talk, apprear, disappear, read minds, eat, have babies with women, case Sodom and Gomorrah, be in disguise, or come in a dream, bless or curse people, depending on how they receive His word, guard heaven, or the tree of life, take almost a month to fight evil principalities on the way down here wit a message from God, minister to Jesus, stood at the ready, in case He raised His little finger, and legions needed to come down to wipe out all His enemies, etc etc etc. In other words, they can assume a body, or stay out of soght, and a whole lot more, why?

Upvote 0
E

enlightenment

dad said:
It can fly, talk, apprear, disappear, read minds, eat, have babies with women, case Sodom and Gomorrah, be in disguise, or come in a dream, bless or curse people, depending on how they receive His word, guard heaven, or the tree of life, take almost a month to fight evil principalities on the way down here wit a message from God, minister to Jesus, stood at the ready, in case He raised His little finger, and legions needed to come down to wipe out all His enemies, etc etc etc. In other words, they can assume a body, or stay out of soght, and a whole lot more, why?

If spirits or Satan could read minds, we'd all be history.

They can assume a body? Ok that's it...

Upvote 0
E

enlightenment

grmorton said:
Oh golly, I was struck with Dad's delusions of grandeur in which he imagines himself a Biblical writer. Consider the OP

[/i]

None of the above is actually IN the Bible. Dad gets to write his Bible as he goes along. This makes him either 1) a biblical writer, 2) God himself or 3) crazy or 4) a troll.

Now, if you categorize those possiblities, it becomes quite clear that this is similar to C.S. Lewis' trilemma--Jesus is either liar, lunatic or God. Maybe we could substitute dad into the trilemma where 'Jesus' appears. Dad clearly couldn't be either of the first two therefore, he must be God and thus he has a right to re-write the Bible. QED.

Hey dad, now I know why you use the moniker, 'dad'. You ARE DAD!:p

Uh oh. We're all doomed.

Upvote 0
E

enlightenment

dad said:
Finally, some points I could have some fun slaying. Wouldn't you know, I'm going to be net challenged for another week. If the thread is still in the first 10 pages or so, I straighten out things when I get a chance. Especially that seemingly sexless idea of heaven, just because we don't marry the same as we do here now. There will still be plenty of merges!

???

oh.....my.......................gosh....:eek: :doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
enlightenment said:
If spirits or Satan could read minds, we'd all be history.

They can assume a body? Ok that's it...
No, the punk has no power over His Own. But, yes, spirits can posses, and even take on physical form, both good and bad spirits.

Upvote 0

DJ_Ghost

Trad Goth
Mar 27, 2004
Durham
Visit site
✟11,186.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
dad said:
Ha. No wonder so many aren't christian. Actually, I'm a christian, so you don't speak for me, or most I know.

He was not speaking for you, he was pointing out part of accepted Christian doctrine, a part that it seems you gleefully reject. Perhaps if you attended Church you would know the doctrine of your own religion?

Ghost

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
DJ_Ghost said:
He was not speaking for you, he was pointing out part of accepted Christian doctrine, a part that it seems you gleefully reject. Perhaps if you attended Church you would know the doctrine of your own religion?

Ghost
Not part of this christian's accepted doctrine, or millions of others, if you mean going to a church building. You can have your church.

added in edit. -- Oh, I see you were talking about sex. Well too bad for the old fogeys who claim they don't like it, God made it.

Upvote 0

Stan the Man

Helper and Protector
Dec 9, 2003
Stroud
✟9,623.00
Faith
Christian
No offence dad, but I am not an old fogey - no one's said they don't like the idea of it - they're just saying it doesn't say that will happen in the new creation. The bible is not hesistant in using graphic sexual language (song of solomon, ezekiel, hosea, etc...) and yet there is not even a hint of a euphamism from when Jesus talks about heaven in the gospels, through to the end of the book of revelation.

And as for church (not the building)...

Hebrews 10:25 - Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

and it's not just meeting together...

1 Corinthians 14:26 - What then shall we say, brothers? When you come together, everyone has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. All of these must be done for the strengthening of the church.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DJ_Ghost

Trad Goth
Mar 27, 2004
Durham
Visit site
✟11,186.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
dad said:
Not part of this christian's accepted doctrine, or millions of others, if you mean going to a church building. You can have your church.

added in edit. -- Oh, I see you were talking about sex. Well too bad for the old fogeys who claim they don't like it, God made it.

Ah I see, so you only accept the bits of Christianity you like and not the rest. Okay, just so long as we know.

Ghost

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
DJ_Ghost said:
Ah I see, so you only accept the bits of Christianity you like and not the rest. Okay, just so long as we know.

Ghost
No. I just haven't got into it in detail in a creation forum. I am not too interested in churchianity. Jesus didn't go to chuch. People can go if it does something for them, it doesn't do it for me. As far as some old fogey sexless God, I don't buy it at all. Where christians agree is that Jesus died for us, and a few other things. As far as 'christianity' goes, really, I'm not too interested either! Too many wars and crimes and compromises etc were made in that name.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Stan the Man said:
No offence dad, but I am not an old fogey - no one's said they don't like the idea of it - they're just saying it doesn't say that will happen in the new creation. The bible is not hesistant in using graphic sexual language (song of solomon, ezekiel, hosea, etc...) and yet there is not even a hint of a euphamism from when Jesus talks about heaven in the gospels, through to the end of the book of revelation.

And as for church (not the building)...

Hebrews 10:25 - Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

and it's not just meeting together...

1 Corinthians 14:26 - What then shall we say, brothers? When you come together, everyone has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. All of these must be done for the strengthening of the church.
Right, meeting together, communion, song, fellowship, etc. All great. Now sell the billions and hundreds of billions worth of church buildings, and out the money into the church (called out ones) -in other words people! They are all going to be closed except possibly a few of the real stomach turning non believer types anyhow soon, I believe. Why not get some value of of them first?

edit:
Oh, as far as you admitting to be an old fogey, I think you may have something there when it comes to sex!

Upvote 0

DJ_Ghost

Trad Goth
Mar 27, 2004
Durham
Visit site
✟11,186.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
dad said:
No. I just haven't got into it in detail in a creation forum. I am not too interested in churchianity. Jesus didn't go to chuch. People can go if it does something for them, it doesn't do it for me.

Ah I see so its the gratification that you seek? You should have said so.

dad said:
As far as some old fogey sexless God, I don't buy it at all.

As I said, you take the bits you like and discard the rest. You can’t face the idea of a heaven without a bit of slap and tickle so out that bit of the religion goes.

dad said:
As far as 'christianity' goes, really, I'm not too interested either!

So you are saying that you are not in fact a Christian after all? Presumably you selected the faith icon what, so you could fool people? Surely the corollary to the forum rule a bout not questioning peoples Christianity should be that if you are not a christian, or "not too interested in Christianity” as you put it, you should not claim to be by use of your icon.

Ghost

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
DJ_Ghost said:
Ah I see so its the gratification that you seek? You should have said so.
[No, no more than saying I want gold, so I want to go to a city where the streets are paved with it. It has sex, it has gold, nothing to do with my 'gratification']

As I said, you take the bits you like and discard the rest. You can’t face the idea of a heaven without a bit of slap and tickle so out that bit of the religion goes.
[ Not true, nowhere does the bible tell us to go to church. We are the church-which means 'called out ones' ]

So you are saying that you are not in fact a Christian after all? Presumably you selected the faith icon what, so you could fool people? Surely the corollary to the forum rule a bout not questioning peoples Christianity should be that if you are not a christian, or "not too interested in Christianity” as you put it, you should not claim to be by use of your icon.
[I am a christian. But as far as what most call christianity, that is another matter. For example, many wars are waged under the blessing of 'christianity'. Yet I didn't see Christ waging any! He healed, saved, loved, and forgave. He also was pretty tough on the religionists at the time. You need to learn the difference between churchianity, and what Jesus taught.]

Ghost

Upvote 0