✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Jews are God's chosen people.
In the early Scriptures, God clearly tells the Jews they are His chosen people. And He gave them Moses to lead them and give them the Law. This is what I mean, by being "chosen".

I do not mean they are chosen in Christ, as in how we are saved by faith in Jesus.

And our Apostle Paul, who was hated and tortured by his own fellow flesh-and-blood Jews, says they have special status, and God cares for them in a special way . . . though they reject Him > Romans 10 and 11 can help you to see what is meant by this. And if you have had a child whom you love dearly, but the child is rebellious and rejecting you, you perhaps can get some idea of what it means for God to love the Jews who reject Him. One who is your child gets special attention, though he or she is rebelling and rejecting.

Included in this is how their being chosen includes how God chose them for being the nation which He would use to bring Messiah into this world.

What is meant by "chosen" might be what needs more clarification, then. I have offered what can get you started. I think we all have more to learn about this, and how to apply this.

In any case, it does mean Jesus wants us to love and pray for Jews in caring with hope for any and all who have been rejecting Jesus > love "hopes all things" (in 1 Corinthians 13:7); and Jesus on the cross suffered and died like He did, with hope for any evil person, at all . . . including for Paul the way he was a Jew before Jesus saved Paul and make him one of our Apostles.

How do you reconcile your belief that Jews are God's chosen people with Jesus saying Jews are of the devil?
I think if we read where Jesus said Jews were of the devil, we can see that Jesus meant only those Jews who were hating Jesus and rejecting Him. Jesus was not talking to His disciples who were Jews. The scripture I am talking about is >

John 8:31-45

Which verse in all the Bible do you get that faithless Jews are God's chosen people?
I don't mean that the faithless are saved, but only that they are flesh and blood people of God's chosen nation. They are flesh and blood chosen, not salvation chosen . . . unless they come to trust in Jesus and join us > Ephesians 1:12. They are not God's spiritually adopted children (Romans 5:5, Romans 8:15), unless they get saved.

But they are flesh and blood descendants of Abraham. One scripture I am going with is Romans 11:28.
But it is clear Paul means that unbelieving Jews . . . really . . . are not Jews. We can read this in Romans 2:28-29.

Also, in early scripture history, the Jews being chosen meant they could undergo much more severe consequences for disobeying God.

I have something now to do; I hope to be back to comment on your other questions.

Upvote 0

A71

Mar 8, 2017
Europe
✟30,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
By "physically" a Jew, Paul was referring to circumcision, not scion.

For circumcision indeed is of value if you obey the law, but if you break the law, your circumcision becomes uncircumcision. So, if a man who is uncircumcised keeps the precepts of the law, will not his uncircumcision be regarded as circumcision? Then he who is physically uncircumcised but keeps the law will condemn you who have the written code and circumcision but break the law. For no one is a Jew who is merely one outwardly, nor is circumcision outward and physical. But a Jew is one inwardly, and circumcision is a matter of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter. His praise is not from man but from God. - Paul

Am I the only one here who has read the Bible?

Ok, I'll ignore the degenerate remark at the end there, as it is not worthy of a response. If you really care, take a poll.

Regarding Jews by nature, 'physis'.

Physis means birth or physical origin, which is what Paul means here;

"we who are Jews by birth"

the contradistinction Paul is making is with Jews by assimilation.

Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Prisoners got tattoos. That doesn't show Germany executed six million Jews. You have proof that Germany existed, therefor ten trillion Mexicans were killed in Nazi Germany. That's your logic.
We have video and testimony from Nazi's not to mention the incredible amount of Jewish witnesses from different camps and different countries all sharing the same stories without collusion. I would think you're just anti-Judaic? Which would be weird since the messiah you claim as your own remains Jewish.

Upvote 0

Waggles

Acts 2:38
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
South Oz
Visit site
✟112,244.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
I would expect that the answer is that, broadly speaking, Christian society chose to be evil, murderous and proud long, long ago, and God chose not to intervene to take away the consequences to Christian societies for their actions.
Good history.
It is no coincidence that the genocides of the 20th century come after the rise and spread of
Darwinism and evolution, Marxism and nihilistic philosophies, Communism and Fascism.
All things in-Godly, with human life no longer being sacred.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have lived a few summers in a house in Germany and the room had been bombed and repaired...since Hitlers time but what I was going to say was I have heard many Christian Germans both from East and west tell in still hushed whispering voices after they made sure doors and windows were locked stories of how people disappeared, churchmembers disappeared not to be found again and how they tried to ask for them and got afraid and lived in fear. Holocoust existed.

Upvote 0

Waggles

Acts 2:38
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
South Oz
Visit site
✟112,244.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
@Vicomte13 @Barney
Prophecy concerning WW1 AND WW2 and the atomic bomb ...

Rev 8:1 And when he had opened the seventh seal,
there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour. [20 years, 8 months]
Rev 8:2 And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.
Rev 8:3 And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.
Rev 8:4 And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.
Rev 8:5 And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth:
and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake. [atomic bomb]
Rev 8:6 And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.
Rev 8:7 The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.
[nuclear war]
Rev 8:8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;
Rev 8:9 And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.
Rev 8:10 And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;
Rev 8:11 And the name of the star is called Wormwood: [Chernobyl] and the third part of the
waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.
[radiation poisoning]
Rev 8:12 And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise. [nuclear winter]
Rev 8:13 And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I recently read excerpts from a new book on the holocaust and Nazis went into nursing homes and had all of the residents murdered as well as institutions for people with mental illness.. He did not care about what their faith was.

Years ago, I took a courageous look at mein kampf and read that Hitler felt that Poles were unfit to be allowed to live. They were too small as far as skull measurements, thus it was assumed they had inferior brains.

Many Poles were not Jewish, but were Catholic, but he didn't care.

Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Prisoners got tattoos. That doesn't show Germany executed six million Jews. You have proof that Germany existed, therefor ten trillion Mexicans were killed in Nazi Germany. That's your logic.

FDR never existed. He was made up. Prove me wrong.

Upvote 0

Barney

Oct 27, 2017
midwest
✟17,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
FDR never existed. He was made up. Prove me wrong.

I don't care whether or not you think FDR ever existed.

You can say all you want that FDR never existed, and I wouldn't dream of censoring you. But, if I wanted to prove it, I could point news articles during the FDR presidency that identify him (and only him) as the president. You can't point to a single news article during WWII that shows there was a Holocaust.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
You can mock God all you want. But, the Jews could only kill Jesus because God allowed it.

Except they didn't. The Romans killed Jesus. The Gospels themselves describe a tiny group of Jewish political leaders who believed it expedient to deliver Jesus over to the Romans to spare Roman reprisal (John 11:50). Caiaphas, the high priest and a Saducee, didn't believe in messiahs at all because messianism wasn't part of Sadducean theology, it was a Pharisaical teaching; and Caiaphas and other important Jewish aristocrats saw working with the Romans and not rocking the boat important to Jewish survival in Roman occupied Judea. Jesus wasn't the first time someone claimed to be the messiah, when Jesus was still young Judas the Galilean began a militant messianic movement claiming himself as messiah, the Roman response was brutal. Pilate himself was notorious for his brutality, his demeanor described in the Gospels is out of character for what virtually all other sources give about him which has led some to find it difficult for how to reconcile.

So, no, "the Jews" did not kill Jesus. Our Creeds are emphatic, that our Lord Jesus Christ "suffered under Pontius Pilate".

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I don't believe there are records showing six million Jews were killed in the Holocaust.

You mean other than the thousands of records, the still-standing death camps, ovens, and living memory of holocaust survivors?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
But, if I wanted to prove it, I could point news articles during the FDR presidency that identify him (and only him) as the president.

That's just they want you to think, it's all doctored records that don't prove anything. FDR never existed, and you can't prove that he did, and that you believe he did just tells me that you've bought into the conspiracy that they're trying to feed you.

Wake up sheeple. Stop believing the lies of the lizard people.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Barney

Oct 27, 2017
midwest
✟17,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's just they want you to think, it's all doctored records that don't prove anything. FDR never existed, and you can't prove that he did, and that you believe he did just tells me that you've bought into the conspiracy that they're trying to feed you.

Wake up sheeple. Stop believing the lies of the lizard people.

-CryptoLutheran

You don't even have doctored news articles showing anyone new about a holocaust during WWII.

And, I don't care what you believe about FDR. I'm not a fascist who wants to force you to believe anything. And, I'm not bigot who insists FDR is relevant to anything we're talking about today.

The only person you're mocking is yourself.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The only person you're mocking is yourself.

Not true, I'm mocking the stupid beliefs of holocaust deniers. I thought I was being pretty obvious about that, but next time I'll try to be less subtle.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

majj27

Mr. Owl has had quite enough
Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Barney

Oct 27, 2017
midwest
✟17,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Behold, news articles from 1945 about the Holocaust!

Holocaust & Nazi Attrocities - Newspapers - RareNewspapers.com

Seems like there were quite a few, actually.

Now that whole FDR thing, total photoshops. I can see the pixels.

Those articles are all after the war with Germany ended. Also, the scope of those articles is much broader than the Holocaust.

Do not understand the concept of "during"? You have no articles, not even fake articles, showing anyone knew about the holocaust during the war.

Upvote 0

Barney

Oct 27, 2017
midwest
✟17,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You mean other than the thousands of records, the still-standing death camps, ovens, and living memory of holocaust survivors?

-CryptoLutheran

More empty claims. What records? How does a standing camps show 10 trillion Mexicans (or whomever) died in nazi Germany? How come there are so many, or any, Holocaust survivors, did Hitler not have enough bullets?

Upvote 0

majj27

Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Those articles are all after the war with Germany ended. Also, the scope of those articles is much broader than the Holocaust.

Do not understand the concept of "during"? You have no articles, not even fake articles, showing anyone knew about the holocaust during the war.

I figured you might quibble about the dates. Call it a hunch.

Daily Telegraph's holocaust article in 1942 that went unheralded

And, according to what I've been able to find, it appears that in 1942, Britain and The USA seemed to be at war with Nazi Germany.

But I'm sure you'll find some arcane way to say this doesn't count. Holocaust deniers usually do when confronted with fact.

Upvote 0

majj27

Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
More empty claims. What records? How does a standing camps show 10 trillion Mexicans (or whomever) died in nazi Germany? How come there are so many, or any, Holocaust survivors, did Hitler not have enough bullets?

What records? The 30-50 million documents stored in the Holocaust Archives in the German town of Bad Arolsen would be a neat place to start if you were so inclined to go looking for them.

But seriously, why so protective of Hitler?

Upvote 0