Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Christianity emerged stronger from the Reformation, in both the lives of Protestants, but just as importantly Catholics. The counter-Reformation was a reformation in its own right, with the advent of schools where children began to receive an education and become literate in the faith. Protestants likewise were told that their faith was their own and that they were responsible to learn about God for themselves, and to choose according to their conscience.

I would think that God benefited from the Reformation more than the Devil, but it may have well have been one more case of God tricking the Devil to do his bidding in order to move things along.

Upvote 0

Targaryen

Scripture,Tradition and Reason
Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
Christianity emerged stronger from the Reformation, in both the lives of Protestants, but just as importantly Catholics. The counter-Reformation was a reformation in its own right, with the advent of schools where children began to receive an education and become literate in the faith. Protestants likewise were told that their faith was their own and that they were responsible to learn about God for themselves, and to choose according to their conscience.

I would think that God benefited from the Reformation more than the Devil, but it may have well have been one more case of God tricking the Devil to do his bidding in order to move things along.

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Now that is a view I had never considered. Interesting

Matthew 24:9
then they-shall-be-giving-up Ye into tribulation/qliyin <2347> , and they shall be killing Ye,
and ye shall be being hated by all the nations because of the name of me;

Reve 2:
10 No yet one thou be fearing! which-things thou are being about to be suffering/emotioning.
Behold! The Devil is being about to be casting ye into a prison, that ye may be being tried.
And Ye shall be having Tribulation/qliyin/qliyin <2347> ten days. Be thou becoming! faithful until death and I shall be giving to thee the crown/wreath of the life.

http://www.greatsite.com/timeline-english-bible-history/william-tyndale.html

A clergyman hopelessly entrenched in Roman Catholic dogma once taunted Tyndale with the statement, "“We are better to be without God’s laws than the Pope'’s”".

Tyndale was infuriated by such Roman Catholic heresies, and he replied, “"I defy the Pope and all his laws.
If God spare my life ere many years, I will cause the boy that drives the plow to know more of the scriptures than you!"”

Tyndale was then strangled and burnt at the stake in the prison yard, Oct. 6, 1536. His last words were, "Lord, open the king of England's eyes." This prayer was answered three years later, in the publication of King Henry VIII’s 1539 English “Great Bible”.

Upvote 0