God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Possibly it does. If God lied about the creation, how can you believe anything in the bible?
  • Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Is any Christian here denying that?

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Global flood debunked? Really? By who exactly? The Person who was there or a clueless scientist?
By the first geologists like Adam Sedgwick. They went looking for evidence for the Flood, but the more they investigated the more they realized that what they observed falsified the Flood.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Oh brother. The truth is that I have scrupulously studied the range of theories. The Standard model is quite frankly utterly absurd. Walt Browns model is however perfectly plausible and completely explains matters inscrutable to the standard model. I know....KNOW......that the prevailing standard models.....all of them.....are utterly bogus. Untenable, unsupportable, just a mess.

Good luck trust me you are going to need it.
How does hydroplate explain limestone formation, subaerial igneous deposits, and trace fossils?

Upvote 0

cv5

Jan 6, 2019
Pierrefonds
✟16,742.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By the first geologists like Adam Sedgwick. They went looking for evidence for the Flood, but the more they investigated the more they realized that what they observed falsified the Flood.
You had better take another look. I did. Oh, BTW, the time of Flood is unknown. It could have happened 10K BC or 20K. Nobody knows.

The Genesis Genealogies: Are They Complete?

http://www.genevaninstitute.org/syl...rimeval-chronology-by-dr-william-henry-green/

Undoubtedly there are SIGNIFICANT geologic features that are post-flood.
But you fail to factor in the Peleg disaster (time unknown) and Babel disaster (time unknown), of which little is known with any certainly.

Upvote 0

cv5

Jan 6, 2019
Pierrefonds
✟16,742.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: Markstrimaran
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You had better take another look. I did. Oh, BTW, the time of Flood is unknown. It could have happened 10K BC or 20K. Nobody knows.

Actually we do know - it never happened. And what other look? Scientists have been looking for 200 years. Glenn Morton's story matches those from those early days. The more he looked the more the evidence told him the Flood was impossible.

Undoubtedly there are SIGNIFICANT geologic features that are post-flood.
But you fail to factor in the Peleg disaster (time unknown) and Babel disaster (time unknown), of which little is known with any certainly.

Neither of those "disasters" ever happened. There is no evidence for them.

Upvote 0

cv5

Jan 6, 2019
Pierrefonds
✟16,742.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually we do know - it never happened. And what other look? Scientists have been looking for 200 years. Glenn Morton's story matches those from those early days. The more he looked the more the evidence told him the Flood was impossible.

Neither of those "disasters" ever happened. There is no evidence for them.
Keep looking. The Flood of Noah is one of the most detailed episodes in Scripture, only eclipsed by the Exodus in terms of resolution. Do you think that the Exodus occurred? Other than the presumed date (the Exodus occurred in 1605 BC), the rest of this data is spot on. Impossible to fake.
The Exodus Route: Travel times, distances, rates of travel, days of the week

Reactions: Markstrimaran
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

How about telling us the content of those links in your own words?

In fact, the vast limestone deposits and coal beds are two of the most compelling features that can only be expressed in terms of the Hydroplate Theory.

A laughable suggestion. Limestone and coal form slowly and both generate heat when they undergo the chemical process that solidifies them. In the case of limestone it generates so much heat that if it all formed in the, say, 100 years after the Flood it would have incinerated the surface of the earth.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Keep looking. The Flood of Noah is one of the most detailed episodes in Scripture, only eclipsed by the Exodus in terms of resolution. Do you think that the Exodus occurred? Other than the presumed date (the Exodus occurred in 1605 BC), the rest of this data is spot on. Impossible to fake.
The Exodus Route: Travel times, distances, rates of travel, days of the week

What does this have to do withthe fact that there is zero evidence from geology, genetics or biogeography for the Flood?

And spare me the "keep looking" etc. vacuous rhetoric. The verdict is in - nothing we observe supports the Flood and numerous lines of evidence falsify it.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What does this have to do withthe fact that there is zero evidence from geology, genetics or biogeography for the Flood?

And spare me the "keep looking" etc. vacuous rhetoric. The verdict is in - nothing we observe supports the Flood and numerous lines of evidence falsify it.

Only if you assume it covered the entire planet. Even the original Hebrew text is not fully clear on that.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Only if you assume it covered the entire planet. Even the original Hebrew text is not fully clear on that.
Let me just make a style note - when I capitalize "Flood" I'm referring to a literal interpretation of the Noah narrative.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,780.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Funny? I wont be funny later my friend. And later is....soon. Very very soon.

Now concerning the times and the seasons, brothers, you have no need to have anything written to you. For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. But you are not in darkness, brothers, for that day to surprise you like a thief.
And out come the threats, predictable as always.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Glenn Morton's story matches those from those early days. The more he looked the more the evidence told him the Flood was impossible.

Glenn Morton's story is also relevant in that it was his industry experience that raised the red flags about what he had been taught as a creationist.

This quote from his testimony speaks volumes:

"Morton then said that he had hired several graduates of Christian Heritage College, and that all of them suffered severe crises of faith. The were utterly unprepared to face the geologic facts every petroleum geologist deals with on a daily basis" - Old Earth Creation Science Testimony - Why I Left Young Earth Creationism, by Glenn Morton

Judging from the OP's complete avoidance of the question of why nobody in industry is challenging current geological models or adopting Walt Brown's ideas, sounds like they're equally unprepared.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
If the continents were indeed dividing catastrophically during this time, the tsunami action would have been incredibly fierce.

If the continents were dividing catastrophically, the energy release would have boiled off the oceans. There wouldn't be any water left to form tsunamis.

Upvote 0

Astrophile

Aug 30, 2013
England
✟233,273.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Widowed
Funny? I wont be funny later my friend. And later is....soon. Very very soon.

Now concerning the times and the seasons, brothers, you have no need to have anything written to you. For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. But you are not in darkness, brothers, for that day to surprise you like a thief.

It might have been helpful of you to give the reference for this quotation. It is 1 Thessalonians 5:1-4.

Upvote 0

chilehed

Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟237,116.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"Most plausible" isn't particular good in the context of completely untenable explanations for a global flood.
Oh, c'mon, it's at least as plausible as the theory of the Jatravartid people of Viltvodle VI, who believe that the entire Universe was in fact sneezed out of the nose of a being known as the Great Green Arkleseizure.

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Take a month or two. Review the links I provided as a STARTING POINT for your own research. Give it a year or two, or 10, and get back to me.
Are you kidding me?

They would rather just naysay without even knowing what the theory actually says.... Much easier to dismiss something you don't want to hear that way....

• Haha
Reactions: Bungle_Bear
Upvote 0