Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A list of YouTube videos? No thanks.

Why do you find it plausible?
Take a month or two. Review the links I provided as a STARTING POINT for your own research. Give it a year or two, or 10, and get back to me.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Global flood debunked? Really? By who exactly? The Person who was there or a clueless scientist?

I thought you'd studied this? No?

Just google "walt brown debunked" and you'll find plenty. As I said, the biggest issue with all of these goofy global flood ideas is they run afoul of basic physics. In particular the fact that the energy release in such events would have vaporized everything on the planet.

Maybe spend some time reading real scientific publications instead of random religious web sites advocating dubious theological ideas.

Upvote 0

cv5

Jan 6, 2019
Pierrefonds
✟16,742.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I thought you'd studied this? No?

Just google "walt brown debunked" and you'll find plenty. Maybe spend some time reading real scientific publications instead of random religious web sites advocating dubious theological ideas.
"real scientific publications" huh. Really. Like the publications that propose utterly failed theories about the Sun, Stars, and the web of galaxies. All....A-L-L.... of those theories have been utterly, resoundingly, conclusively falsified. A-L-L stellar phenomenon are plasmoid z-pinch phenomenon, without exception. Gravity as a force is inconsequential.
Get a clue and try and keep up.

Upvote 0

cv5

Jan 6, 2019
Pierrefonds
✟16,742.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Take a month or two. Review the links I provided as a STARTING POINT for your own research. Give it a year or two, or 10, and get back to me.
Funny? I wont be funny later my friend. And later is....soon. Very very soon.

Now concerning the times and the seasons, brothers, you have no need to have anything written to you. For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. But you are not in darkness, brothers, for that day to surprise you like a thief.

Upvote 0

cv5

Jan 6, 2019
Pierrefonds
✟16,742.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This from someone advocating walt brown's hydroplate theory. ^_^
Oh...I bet you did not know that Walt has tweaked and modified his theory. Of course you didn't. Browns theory uses the data of Scripture as a starting point. And as a theory, it is tight, complete, with good predictions that have been confirmed. Furthermore, it accounts for geologic phenomenon that are utterly impossible to explain by the Standard Model.

Walt Brown is close. Very close. I have accepted the main tenets of his theory as being correct and VASTLY SUPERIOR to the horrendous standard model.

BTW....water driven sorting is undoubtedly the correct explanation for fossil columns.

Reactions: Markstrimaran
Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Browns theory uses the data of Scripture

And right there is the problem. This isn't about legitimate scientific inquiry; it's about shoehorning scientific ideas to fit theological ones.

Like I said, the history of science versus religion hasn't been kind to religion.

I have accepted the main tenets of his theory as being correct and VASTLY SUPERIOR to the horrendous standard model.

Whenever anyone advocates any sorts of ideas that are radically different or contradictory to the mainstream, I always like to consider who has the most vested interested in it.

In the case of geology, there are trillion dollar industries (energy, mining) that stand to benefit from the most correct understanding of geology possible. So why aren't those industries adopting Walt Brown's ideas?

I mean, you didn't even bring that up and instead jumped straight away to advocating theology. Which makes it all the more difficult to take these ideas seriously.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cv5

Jan 6, 2019
Pierrefonds
✟16,742.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And right there is the problem. This isn't about legitimate scientific inquiry; it's about shoehorning scientific ideas to fit theological ones.

Like I said, the history of science versus religion hasn't been kind to religion.

Whenever anyone advocates any sorts of ideas that are radically different or contradictory to the mainstream, I always like to consider who has the most vested interested in it.

In the case of geology, there are trillion dollar industries (energy, mining) that stand to benefit from the most correct understanding of geology possible. So why aren't those industries adopting Walt Brown's ideas?

I mean, you didn't even bring that up and instead jumped straight away to advocating theology. Which makes it all the more difficult to take these ideas seriously.
Oh brother. The truth is that I have scrupulously studied the range of theories. The Standard model is quite frankly utterly absurd. Walt Browns model is however perfectly plausible and completely explains matters inscrutable to the standard model. I know....KNOW......that the prevailing standard models.....all of them.....are utterly bogus. Untenable, unsupportable, just a mess.

Good luck trust me you are going to need it.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Oh brother. The truth is that I have scrupulously studies the range of theories.

Why though?

Is your theology dependent on the standard model being wrong?

I know....KNOW....tknow....KNOW....that the prevailing standard models.....all of them.....are utterly bogus. Untenable, unsupportable, just a mess.

Which goes back to my previous point: why aren't those in industries dependent on geology raising this?

Upvote 0

cv5

Jan 6, 2019
Pierrefonds
✟16,742.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why though?
You are in for quite a shock believe me. Or at least a serious disappointment. If you really believe that the various standard models are valid, you had better research and reconsider. All of those theories have been wrecked. And thank God that I was paying strict enough attention to realize it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
You are in for quite a shock believe me. Or at least a serious disappointment. If you really believe that the various standard models are valid, you had better research and reconsider. All of those theories have been wrecked. And thank God that I was paying strict enough attention to realize it.

You didn't answer my question. You also didn't answer my prior point about industries dependent on understanding of geology and why they aren't raising flags if the standard model is as bad as you say it is.

Upvote 0

cv5

Jan 6, 2019
Pierrefonds
✟16,742.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You didn't answer my question. You also didn't answer my prior point about industries dependent on understanding of geology and why they aren't raising flags if the standard model is as bad as you say it is.
The answers to those questions are self evident. I need not comment on the obvious.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Lol. Indeed I do.

Sure you do.

Whether you choose to study the data dump I made available is your call.

I've been in these discussions for a couple decades now. I've seen Walt Brown's stuff in the past and am well familiar with the problems with it and why nobody (credible) accepts it.

That's why I ask the question about industry. A question you appear to be unable to answer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cv5

Jan 6, 2019
Pierrefonds
✟16,742.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure you do.

I've been in these discussions for a couple decades now. I've seen Walt Brown's stuff in the past and am well familiar with the problems with it and why nobody (credible) accepts it.

That's why I ask the question about industry. A question you appear to be unable to answer.
A real disciple seeks the truth. And finds it. You fail to do the former and lack the latter. Be therefore comfortable in your intellectual conveniences, ineffectual as they are.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Astrophile

Aug 30, 2013
England
✟233,773.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Widowed
IMO....the most plausible of all flood theories that I have encountered.
Bryan Nickel

If Walt's hydroplates are a plausible theory for the flood (or anything else) then Dan's Da Vinci Code is a plausible explanation for Christianity.

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I don’t think I will thanks. You’ve said nothing in this thread to convince me it would be worth wasting my time on.

If I was interested in investing that much time in learning geology I would likely enroll in a university course.

Is that feller in your videos even a geologist?

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dead wrong. I urge you to study the matter in detail and find out the facts.
There is absolutely no way that the standard model is correct, trust me I know.
“trust me, I know.” You want people to reject the years of study, research, and scholarship of experts but just take the word of a random person on the internet? And the scientists have “studied the matter in detail and found out the facts.” I don’t have eight years to study geology. So until I do I’ll take the word of the experts who have.

Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Not mine. I'm a Christian and my eternal destiny is Christ's hands. Nothing to do with the age of the universe or what science concludes about it.

Possibly it does. If God lied about the creation, how can you believe anything in the bible?
  • Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Reactions: cv5
Upvote 0

Astrophile

Aug 30, 2013
England
✟233,773.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Widowed
Possibly it does. If God lied about the creation, how can you believe anything in the bible?
  • Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

If Troilus and Cressida, Romeo and Juliet, and A Midsummer Night's Dream are fiction, how can I believe in King Richard II, King Henry V and King Henry VIII?

Upvote 0