Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What agenda would that be that is an enmity with our maker, destroying our moral fabric, corrupting the pure and innocent, and extinguishing truth (the entire man-made system is really anti-everything God says to do, so it is hard to determine which angle you might be looking at)?

(And still not following your leap from a Walmart sweater to this weighty topic).

Certain topics, especially those having to do with news items, can sometimes tend to raise a whole host of other issues and the LGBT agenda is just one example of many agendas that are at enmity with our maker, destroying our moral fabric, corrupting the pure and innocent, and extinguishing truth and yet orchestrated by the same dark spirit who has been at war with God for ages over the lives and souls of men.

And this just happens to be one topic that led me to raise the question: If Walmart can apologize for a product that may have left a bad impression, why is there no one apologizing for capitulating to the LGBT agenda and for allowing themselves to be intimidated by them, especially within the body of Christ?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
What are the extreme views that you think that I am holding to?
I don't know, exactly--you would have to unpack that rant a little. But the organisations you listed are at least to some degree Christian Nationalists--enemies of the Constitution.

Upvote 0

Contenders Edge

Site Supporter
May 13, 2019
Hayfork
✟167,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know, exactly--you would have to unpack that rant a little. But the organisations you listed are at least to some degree Christian Nationalists--enemies of the Constitution.

How are they enemies of the Constitution? And how would you define Christian nationalism?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Certain topics, especially those having to do with news items, can sometimes tend to raise a whole host of other issues and the LGBT agenda is just one example of many agendas that are at enmity with our maker, destroying our moral fabric, corrupting the pure and innocent, and extinguishing truth and yet orchestrated by the same dark spirit who has been at war with God for ages over the lives and souls of men.

And this just happens to be one topic that led me to raise the question: If Walmart can apologize for a product that may have left a bad impression, why is there no one apologizing for capitulating to the LGBT agenda and for allowing themselves to be intimidated by them, especially within the body of Christ?
The only "LGBT agenda" is to be treated as equals and afforded the same rights as any other citizen. Anything more than that is a figment of your imagination.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The only "LGBT agenda" is to be treated as equals and afforded the same rights as any other citizen. Anything more than that is a figment of your imagination.
ok... But "agenda" = bad no matter what.

It means you want something to be different.... and thats bad!

Upvote 0

Contenders Edge

Site Supporter
May 13, 2019
Hayfork
✟167,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

They demand more than that: They are demanding affirmation, even from those who disagree with their lifestyle choices and that is no figment of the imagination.

Upvote 0

Contenders Edge

Site Supporter
May 13, 2019
Hayfork
✟167,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The belief that America is or should be a Christian nation.

If we were a Christian nation, and not just in name only but also in practice, we would be a much more stable and morally sound nation than we are now; people would be treated with more dignity, compassion, understanding, and respect than they are today. Marriage vows would be honored and not just when it is convenient but also when it is inconvenient, those in authority would be respected, those in power would rule more justly, employees would not be exploited by their employers, employees would serve their employers well, consumers would not be cheated, and contracts would be honored, truth would be valued, lies would be condemned, bad behavior would not be excused but called into account, and good behavior would be praised. The media and academia would possess greater integrity, and our entertainment would glorify that which is good and pure and not spew the trashy filth we see today.

And I do not know what would be so bad about those kind of changes.

If the application of Christian principles worked for previous generations, they can still work for this current generation as well, but it is up to each generation to apply them, but each generation must also be willing to embrace the God upon whom those principles are founded.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
They demand more than that: They are demanding affirmation, even from those who disagree with their lifestyle choices and that is no figment of the imagination.
They are demanding recognition of their equality as human beings and citizens. Is that what you mean by "affirmation?" I'm not sure what you mean by "lifestyle choices."

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
If we were a Christian nation, and not just in name only but also in practice, we would be a much more stable and morally sound nation than we are now; people would be treated with more dignity, compassion, understanding, and respect than they are today. Marriage vows would be honored and not just when it is convenient but also when it is inconvenient, those in authority would be respected, those in power would rule more justly, employees would not be exploited by their employers, employees would serve their employers well, consumers would not be cheated, and contracts would be honored, truth would be valued, lies would be condemned, bad behavior would not be excused but called into account, and good behavior would be praised. The media and academia would possess greater integrity, and our entertainment would glorify that which is good and pure and not spew the trashy filth we see today.

And I do not know what would be so bad about those kind of changes.

If the application of Christian principles worked for previous generations, they can still work for this current generation as well, but it is up to each generation to apply them, but each generation must also be willing to embrace the God upon whom those principles are founded.
When, in the history of this country, did the application of Christian principles produce the utopia you describe?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Contenders Edge

Site Supporter
May 13, 2019
Hayfork
✟167,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They are demanding recognition of their equality as human beings and citizens. Is that what you mean by "affirmation?" I'm not sure what you mean by "lifestyle choices."

That is not what I mean by affirmation. Affirmation goes beyond equality. Affirmation requires an endorsement. And what I mean by "lifestyle choices" are those choices pertaining to LGBT related behavior.

Upvote 0

Contenders Edge

Site Supporter
May 13, 2019
Hayfork
✟167,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When, in the history of this country, did the application of Christian principles produce the utopia you describe?

That all depends on what you see as a utopia.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
That is not what I mean by affirmation. Affirmation goes beyond equality. Affirmation requires an endorsement.
How are you required to endorse them? Write letters of recommendation? Give testimonial speeches?
And what I mean by "lifestyle choices" are those choices pertaining to LGBT related behavior.
How they dress? How they act? What? Most LGBTs you wouldn't notice if you passed them n the street. A minority like to act "outrageous" but some straights do that, too.

Upvote 0

Contenders Edge

Site Supporter
May 13, 2019
Hayfork
✟167,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would see what you describe as a utopia, but I don't see it anytime in US history.

Previous generations reflected the utopia you say I described more closely than this current generation, but that is not to say that they did not have shortcomings of their own as well, but if you do not see that, then you really do not know history as well as you should; more importantly, you seem to know virtually nothing about what Christianity is or the teachings of scripture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Contenders Edge

Site Supporter
May 13, 2019
Hayfork
✟167,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How are you required to endorse them? Write letters of recommendation? Give testimonial speeches? How they dress? How they act? What? Most LGBTs you wouldn't notice if you passed them n the street. A minority like to act "outrageous" but some straights do that, too.

That is still not what I am talking about: The affirmation they are demanding is for everyone to that there is nothing wrong or abnormal about LGBT behavior and not just from those who sympathize and agree with them, but from those who otherwise do not.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Previous generations reflected the utopia you say I described more closely than this current generation, but that is not to say that they did not have shortcomings of their own as well, but if you do not see that, then you really do not know history as well as you should; more importantly, you seem to know virtually nothing about what Christianity is or the teachings of scripture.
History shows me that it was a time of religious and racial discrimination, widespread acceptance of slavery, the economic exploitation of the working class and serious limitations on the rights of women, none of which conform to the teachings of scripture.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟457,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I had difficulty following your reasoning, as Walmart is just some secular entity selling items to anyone who will buy them, but I think I see what you mean, as this minor infraction of selling a ridiculous sweater is treated more seriously that abject mockery of God and His Word. This isn't really a surprise, as the scriptures tell us that in the last days, evil will be called good, and good evil, and that man will seek out speakers who tell them what their itching ears want to hear, not what God already said. satan is the "god" of this world because man has ceded his authority that Jesus took back.

2 Tim 4:3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

We are going to see a lot more things.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟457,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How are you required to endorse them? Write letters of recommendation? Give testimonial speeches? How they dress? How they act? What? Most LGBTs you wouldn't notice if you passed them n the street. A minority like to act "outrageous" but some straights do that, too.
No, the poster has a fair point.

We have gone way beyond "live and let live", which I think isn't much of a problem to anyone, to demanding enthusiastic approval at the cost of legal action if one doesn't at least appear to agree with the scriptural revisionists, but instead stands with God's Word on this topic.

Upvote 0

Contenders Edge

Site Supporter
May 13, 2019
Hayfork
✟167,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
History shows me that it was a time of religious and racial discrimination, widespread acceptance of slavery, the economic exploitation of the working class and serious limitations on the rights of women, none of which conform to the teachings of scripture.

But what religion has been historically credited for ending slavery?
Under what religion have women been afforded the most rights and to whom the most opportunities have been provided for living a life of meaning and purpose?
Under what religion have people been treated the most equal, regardless of race and gender, and have experienced the least amount of discrimination?
Under what religion does the working class experience the least amount of exploitation?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.