Christmas Is Not ‘the Most Wonderful Time of the Year’ for Everyone, But Christ Still Offers Peace

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

When we acknowledge that Christmas is not merely about these things but about Christ, we acknowledge that Christ is where peace, unity, and love exist. Anything detached from Christ is stripped of its value, depth, and permanence. On the other hand, anything put back in its proper view as it pertains to Christ becomes rich, immeasurably impactful, and eternal. The peace of Christ surpasses all understanding (Philippians 4:7), the unity of Christ breaks all barriers (Galatians 3:28), and the love of Christ is better than life (Psalms 63:3).

This makes all the difference because, if we see Christmas as a reminder of what we don’t have, then of course we are going to be miserable! But when we remember that Christmas is about Christ, then the entire Christmas season will have an inspiring effect, because when we focus on Christ as the center of this holiday, then we are constantly reminding ourselves of what we do have in Him.

For the fatherless, Christ offers a heavenly Father (2 Corinthians 6:18).
For the lonely, Christ offers fellowship with an eternal family through Him and His church (1 John 1:3; Revelation 21:3).
For the brokenhearted, Christ binds and heals your wounds. He offers a way through the storm and, one day, a paradise where death, tears, and pain will be no more (Revelation 21:4).
For the angry, Christ offers peace (John 14:27).
For the grieving, Christ offers joy and hope (Romans 15:13).

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!
My prayer tonight, on this Christmas Eve, is that the peace, mercy, grace, love, and blessings from the Lord Jesus Christ be upon everyone. May the joy of the Lord fill our hearts every day, but especially may it be so during this holiday season when we celebrate the physical birth of the Lord Jesus Christ while spending times with our family, friends, and loved ones!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟48,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many years ago I made a promise not to ruin Christmas for others. There have been so many dark Christmases, sad personal events at this time of year that only collect as one grows older.. Decades ago, I tried to focus on why we Christians observe Christmas, and to this day find comfort in the Christian carols. My fondest hope each year is that this will not be another dark Christmas.

There's a reason I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day is one of my favorite carols, right up there with Hark the Herald Angels Sing:

"And in despair I bowed my head
'There is no peace on earth,' I said
For hate is strong and mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good will toward men.

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep
God is not dead nor does He sleep
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail
With peace on earth, good will toward men."

May those for who Christmas is overshadowed by sad memories hold that there is One who was please as Man with men to dwell, Jesus our Emanuel, and what his birth means for all of us. May those who face the empty chairs know the promise of the One who said "I will be with you always, even unto the end of the world." May they ask for strength for this day and each day from the One that is all powerful. And I pray that they may have the peace of God.

Upvote 0