Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Lincoln Project, a republican organisation opposing Trump, have released a new Campaign ad that's in my opinion absolutely brilliant and very entertaining to watch. It shows a Trump voter coming out of a three year coma, getting current information on the state of affairs and reacting sensibly.

It is funny, but the scary part was how little self-awareness the family had. And how much they excused things. I wonder how many people had that experience with their own family, minus the coma.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
It is funny, but the scary part was how little self-awareness the family had. And how much they excused things. I wonder how many people had that experience with their own family, minus the coma.
I think the frog has been boiled slowly in that regard.

• Winner
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Well, that's what some of his supporters, like the Michigan Militia, have been fantasizing about for years.

And, yes, I know this from first hand knowledge, because I have been told this by a few of their members who said they would happily shoot me when the race wars started.
Don't try to stick Militia groups on the GOP. Doing that invites people to make a similar claim with Antifa in the case of the Democratic Party. Rightly or wrongly.

By the way, the Lincoln Project/NeverTrump use of a "Wake Up" theme is pretty funny in itself, considering how closely (and appropriately) that parallels "Woke."

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Don't try to stick Militia groups on the GOP. Doing that invites people to make a similar claim with Antifa in the case of the Democratic Party. Rightly or wrongly....
Ooh I like this new stop-worrying-about-facts standard. Makes thing easy!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Pertty good

:sigh: The point was that taking that poke at the GOP will open the door for a similar one in reverse, but that I'm not making any claims about the fairness of either of the accusations.

At the time, that seemed to me to be easy enough to understand.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
:sigh: The point was that taking that poke at the GOP will open the door for a similar one in reverse, but that I'm not making any claims about the fairness of either of the accusations.

I just dont like holding facts hostage to potentially bogus arguments, as a principle.

If an accusation can stand up to scrutiny... fire away.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I think it's more of a "shut up or I might try to make you shut up" strategy.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
cow451 raises hand.

• Prayers
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Militia Gun Nuts that do vote will vote for Trump. Antifa sympathizers that do vote will vote for Biden. Now, it is rather amusing to think that two gubment-hating groups would have many voters.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
....I wonder how many people had that experience with their own family, minus the coma.
What about the epidemic of "high functioning" coma thats gripped large regions of the nation?

• Haha
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
The proverb, have said :

the perverse of speech will end in calamity.-Proverbs 17:20

From here, it is reflected that it is not wise to be perverse of speech, especially those who are in authority of a country.

For we have heard:
Now therefore, O kings, be wise; be warned, O rulers of the earth. -Psalms 2:10

Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling. -Psalms 2:11

Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and you perish in the way, for his wrath is quickly kindled. Blessed are all who take refuge in him. -Psalms 2:12

The Lord can be angry to ruler who resist to be wise and such ruler has been warned.

Yes, we need to pray for those in authorities:

God of our Lord Jesus Christ, it is You

who changes the times and the epochs;

You removes kings and establishes kings; -Daniel 2:21

For it is written:

"This sentence is by the decree of the angelic watchers And the decision is a command of the holy ones, In order that the living may know That the Most High is ruler over the realm of mankind, And bestows it on whom He wishes And sets over it the lowliest of men."-Daniel 4:17

We confess that as individuals and as a nation, we have sinned, thinking that we are the ones who will decide who rule in this country.

Forgive us our sin.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy upon us

for the sake of Your precious blood.

O Lamb of God,

by the power of Your blood

prevent the forces of evil

from advancing.

Save souls from lives of sin.

Through prayer and repentance

may we be prepared, so that when

Your great judgment passes over the earth,

You will be able to rescue us.

Amen.
Welcome to CF and welcome to Forum 909!

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Don't try to stick Militia groups on the GOP.
You really think the Michigan Militia are liberals?

Doing that invites people to make a similar claim with Antifa in the case of the Democratic Party. Rightly or wrongly.
What do I care. You guys are always doing that all the time anyways.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Eh, decently funny. Most of it was somewhat accurate except for the impeachment reason. I don't remember cahooting with Russians the reason at all. I remember the majority of it was withholding aid to Ukraine in exchange for announcing an investigation into a political opponent. Perhaps there wasn't an easy way to boil that down to a simple soundbite, but it irked me a bit since everything else was on point.
The ad was showing how uninformed this family is and that is a part of the problem with some Trump supporters.
I have heard people make statements just like that, thinking that the impeachment was because of Russia and the Mueller investigation.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist

This President and his motley crew of deplorables have never been known for their sense of humor so that prospect of a reverse campaign would likely go over the heads of Trump and his supporters!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
What I wrote was this:
Don't try to stick Militia groups on the GOP.
They're gun toting nut jobs. They are right wing fanatics. They invaded the Michigan State Capital. They called for the execution and beheading of the Democratic governor of the state. They were carrying trump posters during their protest. Who, exactly, should we be sticking the Militia groups onto?

'Unhinged' Trump Calls on His Mussolini-Style Black Shirts to Attack Michigan, Minnesota, Virginia

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
They're gun toting nut jobs. They are right wing fanatics. They invaded the Michigan State Capital.
That wasn't what either of us addressed in the previous posts.

However, it does tend to confirm what I made mention of there, that the more that opponents of the Republican Party use such reckless talk against them, the more they are inviting having the favor returned.

To see how that would--or will--play out, just substitute Antifa for everything you're charging here about the Michigan Militia (except that Antifa is much worse. I was actually amused at how carefully you had to choose your words when describing actions of the Militia in order to give the unwary reader the wrong impression).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
At this point I would be completely unsurprised if the US descended into something like a civil war by next year. If Trump loses by a landslide that might stop it, but if he’s still in power next year it would be more surprising if there wasn’t a rising death toll.

I think things are only going to get worse. A substantial number of people in leadership in our country are very much out of touch and have no sound plans how to deal with the virus that is destroying our economy.

• Agree
Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think things are only going to get worse. A substantial number of people in leadership in our country are very much out of touch and have no sound plans how to deal with the virus that is destroying our economy.

I have the increasing sense that there are a lot of people over there just itching to teach the assorted ‘enemies of the people’ a lesson, and that the police for the most part would be happy just to let that happen.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I believe the President likes having violence in the streets. A civil war might be his fantasy as a way to create a country that is all his to do whatever he wants.

He did say he could shoot people on the streets... which says alot about what's in his subconscious. He has a high conflict personality, and like alot of psychpaths and narcissists, thrives emotionally in the midst of mayhem.

• Agree
Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0