TestifyToTruth

Nov 24, 2016
Australia
✟110,283.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Voices of reason, as to why the Assad govt is likely innocent and why a proper investigation needed before an illegal (in both US and international law) missile strike on a sovereign country (the 59 missiles killed a dozen civilians and half dozen Syrian soldiers by the way).

Tulsi Gabbard, Dem Senator from Hawaii and Iraq war veteran (US army major):

Former British ambassador to Syria, Peter Ford:

Bolivian ambassador to UN in the Security Council, see from 7 minute mark especially:

Ron Paul:

Philip Giraldi former CIA officer with intelligence contacts in Syria: http://www.counterpunch.org/2017/04/07/the-impending-clash-between-the-u-s-and-russia/ in other words US intelligence in Syria according to Giraldi agree with Syrian govt and Russian reports that an al-Qaeda chemical weapons depot was hit by a normal Syrian airforce bomb.

We are a big stride closer to WW-III because of a foolish impulsive narcissistic US president acting without full investigation, or under high behind the scenes pressure from war-mongers in the Deep State.

Tull

Aug 13, 2016
Virginia
✟29,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As a conservative I have once again seen the flag waving "get er dun" crowd in my corner get excited because we are blowing stuff up and completely ignore our domestic situation,also they ignore the fact that Trump told Russia who warned Syria so they could move valuable military hardware out of the way......brilliant.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As a conservative I have once again seen the flag waving "get er dun" crowd in my corner get excited because we are blowing stuff up and completely ignore our domestic situation,also they ignore the fact that Trump told Russia who warned Syria so they could move valuable military hardware out of the way......brilliant.

Hi tull,

Well, just for the record, the report says that President Trump didn't tell Russia what was going on until an hour before the strike. I honestly doubt that Syria was able to get a lot of stuff moved in an hour. It would seem that if the Syrian government had issued some scramble to get a bunch of stuff off the base that there would have been more deaths.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

janwoG

My heart leads me to Messianic Judaism
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
Thailand
✟48,946.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
We have to help Israel against any Jihadism and often use real politk. In Real Politik you have often victims. However, if war is necessary against Irak and Syria, the Christians are the first victim. The scandal in the West is not to offer shelter and relocate any Christian refugees persecuted by Islamism. Obama made a negative selection against Christians. Up to now I do not see anything coming from Trump.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
We are a big stride closer to WW-III because of a foolish impulsive narcissistic US president acting without full investigation, or under high behind the scenes pressure from war-mongers in the Deep State.
Hmm. I was thinking, throughout most of your OP, "This poster seems to have a point worth considering." Then you closed by disabusing me of that thought...big time!

• Winner
Reactions: KWCrazy
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hmm. I was thinking, throughout most of your OP, "This poster seems to have a point worth considering." Then you closed by disabusing me of that thought...big time!
It is hard to ignore criticism of ourselves or someone we support. However, it is in our best interest to fight that impulse and just demand facts and then look at where those facts lead.

I know what you mean though. I have been going along reading someone's post and in agreement, then they spoil it by making some snarky remark. I then wonder about their motivation and it becomes a distraction from what I should be paying attention, to. I don't want to be an ostrich because of a partisan or snarky comment.

Upvote 0

Tull

Aug 13, 2016
Virginia
✟29,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This could lead to a war that will change for ever the lives of us all,conservative,liberal,right,left and all in between.....I find it hard to accept that Syria and its civil war that has been going on for years is worth it....but any excuse will do I guess.

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This could lead to a war that will change for ever the lives of us all,conservative,liberal,right,left and all in between.....I find it hard to accept that Syria and its civil war that has been going on for years is worth it....but any excuse will do I guess.

Hi tull,

While it may lead to war, I'm not sure I understand why anyone would think that this particular and singular attack would be the one to tip the scale. The U.S. has been attacking Syria for years. I mentioned earlier, if not this thread than it was another, that last year the U.S. dropped over 26 thousand bombs and the great majority of those bombs were dropped over both Syria and Iraq. Now, it could be that Assad, knowing some of the comments that Donald Trump has made in the past about our involvement in Syria, thought he had been freed from the U.S. bombings, but now he knows better.

Now President Trump has done a complete about face on his position on Syria. When they gassed Damascus in '13 and killed hundreds of 'beautiful' little babies and children and parents he thought we should stay out of it. Assad, having knowledge of Mr. Trump's tweets and comments towards President Obama and his desire to take military action against Syria for killing the 'beautiful' little babies in '13, may well have thought that now he's free to go ahead.

However, true to President Trump's nature, he flip flops about as easily as an over easy egg. His hypocrisy is without equal. Did he honestly believe that when Syria gassed all those people in Damascus that President Obama wasn't then looking at pictures of the 'beautiful' little babies? Now he's looking at the pictures of the 'beautiful' little babies and his response is exactly the same as President Obama's back in 2013, yet Mr. Trump, at that time, sent quite a few tweets and made a number of statements that President Obama should let it go. What hypocrisy!

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I know what you mean though. I have been going along reading someone's post and in agreement, then they spoil it by making some snarky remark. I then wonder about their motivation and it becomes a distraction from what I should be paying attention, to. I don't want to be an ostrich because of a partisan or snarky comment.
It's not a matter of snarky comments, exactly. More like a sudden relapse into some bizarre conspiracy theory combined with extremist political propaganda. Snarky comments can be brushed aside, yes, but a turn into fantasy just knocks the teeth out of otherwise plausible argument.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's not a matter of snarky comments, exactly. More like a sudden relapse into some bizarre conspiracy theory combined with extremist political propaganda. Snarky comments can be brushed aside, yes, but a turn into fantasy just knocks the teeth out of otherwise plausible argument.
Which part of the statement disabused you, the Trump part or the Deep State part? Why would either part take away anything from the statements made by others in the videos?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Voices of reason, as to why the Assad govt is likely innocent and why a proper investigation needed before an illegal (in both US and international law) missile strike on a sovereign country (the 59 missiles killed a dozen civilians and half dozen Syrian soldiers by the way).
If Assad is innocent of dropping chemical bombs, as Russia says they are, then they will be able to pin point exactly where and what they bombed that released the toxic gas. This would enable NATO inspectors to quickly verify Russia's story.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Which part of the statement disabused you, the Trump part or the Deep State part? Why would either part take away anything from the statements made by others in the videos?
The videos still stand on their own. I am just growing awfully weary of the policy, whoever is doing it these day, of just rattling off the most offensive accusation possible against political figures that the speaker doesn't like. Only today I read someone saying, in a matter of fact way, that Hillary, being a pedophile, wouldn't have been a good choice for pres.

:sigh:

• Winner
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Amazing to see all the conservatives do a 180 on attacking Syria with no reasoning whatsoever; they're just following orders.
If "following orders" were what's happened, there wouldn't be all the prominent Conservatives denouncing the move as there are.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If "following orders" were what's happened, there wouldn't be all the prominent Conservatives denouncing the move as there are.
I'm talking about the rank-and-file ones like the ones in here

Upvote 0