Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The United States and a handful of its allies on Thursday carried out military strikes against more than a dozen targets in Yemen controlled by the Iranian-backed Houthi militia, U.S. officials said, in an expansion of the war in the Middle East that the Biden administration had sought to avoid for three months.

Britain joined the United States in the strikes against the Houthi targets, the U.S. officials said, as fighter jets from bases in the region and off the aircraft carrier Dwight D. Eisenhower bombed targets. At least one Navy submarine fired Tomahawk cruise missiles, the officials said.

The Netherlands, Australia, Canada and Bahrain also were expected to participate, providing logistics, intelligence and other support, according to U.S. officials. They spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss operational matters.

The American-led strikes on Thursday hit radars, missiles and drone launch sites, and weapons storage areas, according to a U.S. official, who said President Biden had approved the retaliatory assault.

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I’m sorry, I don’t mean to make light of it. Hope you’re well and that there isn’t any more than these strikes needed.

I didn't take your post that way. I'm doing well, just finished breakfast, waiting for any response from the other side if they are able to do that. I mean, I'm posting, so were not at General Quarters.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Hey, a live mission is better than practice drills.

It's really hasn't changed much, we have been shooting down drones and missiles for weeks. All we did was take the fight to them. The ball is in their court.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Seems like this particular action is creating some strange bedfellows.

Now, whether or not these various objections are coming from the same sentiments (and how sincere those sentiments are) remains to be seen.

I suspect that some of these objections spanning the spectrum may be coming more from a place of "political convenience" than from "constitutional purism"

(for instance, since the Houthis oppose Israel, it allows some Democrats to virtue signal, and for the Marjorie Greenes of the world, it's just a cheap easy way to bash Biden for something)

• Agree
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The United States and a handful of its allies on Thursday carried out military strikes against more than a dozen targets in Yemen controlled by the Iranian-backed Houthi militia, U.S. officials said, in an expansion of the war in the Middle East that the Biden administration had sought to avoid for three months.

Britain joined the United States in the strikes against the Houthi targets, the U.S. officials said, as fighter jets from bases in the region and off the aircraft carrier Dwight D. Eisenhower bombed targets. At least one Navy submarine fired Tomahawk cruise missiles, the officials said.

The Netherlands, Australia, Canada and Bahrain also were expected to participate, providing logistics, intelligence and other support, according to U.S. officials. They spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss operational matters.

The American-led strikes on Thursday hit radars, missiles and drone launch sites, and weapons storage areas, according to a U.S. official, who said President Biden had approved the retaliatory assault.

Remember when we were warned that TRUMP would get us into war if re-elected? Joe Biden says Trump is 'dangerously close' to starting a war with Iran

• Agree
Upvote 0