✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm talking about the rank-and-file ones like the ones in here
Yes, I thought you might have had them in mind, but I didn't know if you wanted to confine your comment to them.

But even so, it's not true that these all have fallen in line or are following orders or anything like that. I, for one, am apprehensive about the bombing and have never said that I'm supportive of it or anything of the sort.

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
If Assad is innocent of dropping chemical bombs, as Russia says they are, then they will be able to pin point exactly where and what they bombed that released the toxic gas. This would enable NATO inspectors to quickly verify Russia's story.
As for Assad has nothing to prove as the US should have not only checked to see what happened but they also should have been able to provide us with the evidence before they illegally murdered those Syrian soldiers.

As much as the neocons of the US military-industrial complex decide on what US foreign policy would be, I had falsely hoped that Trump would not be one of their minions, but it seems that he has willingly kowtowed to their every wish where he is no different to the warmongers who preceded him.

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

ChristianFromKazakhstan

Oct 9, 2016
ALMATY
✟29,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Voices of reason, as to why the Assad govt is likely innocent and why a proper investigation needed before an illegal (in both US and international law) missile strike on a sovereign country (the 59 missiles killed a dozen civilians and half dozen Syrian soldiers by the way).

Tulsi Gabbard, Dem Senator from Hawaii and Iraq war veteran (US army major):

Former British ambassador to Syria, Peter Ford:

Bolivian ambassador to UN in the Security Council, see from 7 minute mark especially:

Ron Paul:

Philip Giraldi former CIA officer with intelligence contacts in Syria: http://www.counterpunch.org/2017/04/07/the-impending-clash-between-the-u-s-and-russia/ in other words US intelligence in Syria according to Giraldi agree with Syrian govt and Russian reports that an al-Qaeda chemical weapons depot was hit by a normal Syrian airforce bomb.

We are a big stride closer to WW-III because of a foolish impulsive narcissistic US president acting without full investigation, or under high behind the scenes pressure from war-mongers in the Deep State.

It's not "Assad" government. It's Syrian government. The West demonizes personalities, only to destroy states and to commit a million times worse crimes that they accuse of. It's very vicious tactics. Demonize leader (who maybe was a friend and ally for years), murder leader = destroy state, create chaos. Scenario already used multiple times.

You can similarly say "Trump regime" or "May regime" or "Hollande regime" and destroy those corresponding legal governments? What only result will be? War, death, chaos.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ChristianFromKazakhstan

Oct 9, 2016
ALMATY
✟29,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
war-mongers in the Deep State.

War is obviously just a tool. What is the ultimate goal? World dominance. Destruction of all real and possible competition. What are the only centres of power in the world today? USA, Iran, China, Russia. Nobody needs Iraq or Lybia or Syria or Ukraine or Afghanistan etc. Those are but battering-rams to Iran, China, Russia. Look at the globe. Location. Strategy. Where will those armies created at chaotised regions go to? Where? Àlready going. Also look at economic impact. Trade routes, oil and gas reserves.

Just a reminder from 2007:

It's not a joke. Not a coincidence. It's one of many steps in global geopolitical chess.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chris1984

Sep 4, 2016
Pittsfield, NH
✟16,825.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Engaged
I'm talking about the rank-and-file ones like the ones in here
Not being rude. I'm genuinely curious. How can you be both politically liberal and a Christian fundamentalist? The two are pretty much antithetical to each other. That's like claiming to be both Amish and the world's foremost video game expert.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Not being rude. I'm genuinely curious. How can you be both politically liberal and a Christian fundamentalist? The two are pretty much antithetical to each other. That's like claiming to be both Amish and the world's foremost video game expert.
I don't take it as rude, I appreciate your question. I don't see how I can be a fundamentalist and NOT be politically liberal. Conservatives put money ahead of everything and as a Christian, particularly a fundamentalist, I am commanded by God to serve Him by serving others and putting people ahead of even myself. I am also instructed by God in His Word that I can worship either God OR Mammon, and cannot worship both. Why would I be a Mammon-ist ("Capital-ist", i.e. "Money-ist") and claim to be a Christian? I cannot be both, God's Word says so. I choose to put people over money because in doing so I put God over money.

How do you see serving God and others while not worshiping Money as being antithetical to being a Christian when God's Word is quite clear on these matters? I don't understand how Christians can be conservatives. What's interesting, too, is that most non-Christians find it unusual to see the attitudes of so many Christians who are politically conservative as those attitudes and beliefs don't line up with what God's Word teaches about Christianity.

Upvote 0

Tull

Aug 13, 2016
Virginia
✟29,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How do you see serving God and others while not worshiping Money as being antithetical to being a Christian when God's Word is quite clear on these matters? I don't understand how Christians can be conservatives. What's interesting, too, is that most non-Christians find it unusual to see the attitudes of so many Christians who are politically conservative as those attitudes and beliefs don't line up with what God's Word teaches about Christianity.

Who is worshiping money more,the one who simply earns their living through their labor and lives within their means or the one who is always complaining about those people and what they do with their money as if its any of their business,people will give an account to God about their money not you,its also quite common for such people to not work at all yet claim the right to decide how other people's money should be distributed....again who is obsessed with money,out of the abundance/obsession of the heart the mouth speaks.

You seem to have nothing to say about anything but money,again who is obsessed with money,you give credit to the Godless state of communism because of the way it deals with money with all other crimes committed either denied or excused.

Who is more greedy,the one who works for what they have and when they want more they work more,or the one who does nothing yet demands support from society anyway,conservatives worship money ? liberals worship government and see it as the arbiter of all things.....your judgements are at best hypocritical and it is self righteous of you to make them because you see you to are a sinner.

I have come to recognize that some posters here are absolutely obsessed with money because you will never see a post on any other subject,nothing about the moral decline of our society,nothing about the sins of sexual perversion,abortion,lust,inappropriate content,crime,the sexualization and perversion of children and the destruction of the family.......its about money,other people's money and how it should be handed over to the godstate to do with as it see's fit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Who is worshiping money more,the one who simply earns their living through their labor and lives within their means or the one who is always complaining about those people and what they do with their money as if its any of their business,people will give an account to God about their money not you,its also quite common for such people to not work at all yet claim the right to decide how other people's money should be distributed....again who is obsessed with money,out of the abundance/obsession of the heart the mouth speaks.

You seem to have nothing to say about anything but money,again who is obsessed with money,you give credit to the Godless state of communism because of the way it deals with money with all other crimes committed either denied or excused.

Who is more greedy,the one who works for what they have and when they want more they work more,or the one who does nothing yet demands support from society anyway,conservatives worship money ? liberals worship government and see it as the arbiter of all things.....your judgements are at best hypocritical and it is self righteous of you to make them because you see you to are a sinner.

I have come to recognize that some posters here are absolutely obsessed with money because you will never see a post on any other subject,nothing about the moral decline of our society,nothing about the sins of sexual perversion,abortion,lust,inappropriate content,crime,the sexualization and perversion of children and the destruction of the family.......its about money,other people's money and how it should be handed over to the godstate to do with as it see's fit.
Lots of denial and deflection in your response, as well as your making it clear that you didn't read or understand my post. I spoke mostly about doing God's Will and serving Him vs. serving mammon. I mentioned money but was speaking about mammon mostly. If you don't understand what mammon is then you should study God's Word more carefully and learn about it and what it is. Once you can foment an intelligent response to my post based on what I actually said then we can discuss it. For now, however, you're simply deflecting and creating a false dichotomy about which I have said nothing. Good luck. By the way, Jethro Tull is like the most effeminate, crappy band ever.

Upvote 0

Tull

Aug 13, 2016
Virginia
✟29,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Bottom line is its none of your business what other people do with their money,God has not appointed you or your godless communist system to be the financial mangers of the world and those of us who live in free societies will answer to God for what we did with our money not you,you and others like you covet what belongs to others under the guise of Christianity...as far as Jethro Tull is concerned I suspect the Sex Pistols is more to your liking.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Bottom line is its none of your business what other people do with their money,God has not appointed you or your godless communist system to be the financial mangers of the world,you and others like you covet what belongs to others under the guise of Christianity...as far as Jethro Tull is concerned I suspect the Sex Pistols is more to your liking.
Again, you quite clearly didn't even read my post as I never once proposed or praised or even mentioned "communist system" or communism. I did not mention anything "godless", in fact I was pushing for doing God's Will even in government.

It is my business what other people do with my money and when they choose to use it to give it to warmongers and to buy weapons of mass destruction instead of helping the poor, the widows, the sick, and the elderly as Christ commanded then as a Christian I have an obligation to say something - perhaps people can't relate to these teachings of Christ because they don't know Him, but that's their problem. That's why they are infatuated with worshiping and serving mammon.

As for the Sex Pistols, they're not my thing, but Metallica blows Jethro Tull with their flutes and skirts out of the water. Every Jethro Tull fan I have ever seen is a hugely effeminate man who loves to wear skirts while prancing around to flute music and they always have a purse as well. I mean, Jethro Tull is some genuine Hippie Fruitcake music if ever there was any.

Look at this band of fruitcakes:

jethrotull_005.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Voices of reason, as to why the Assad govt is likely innocent and why a proper investigation needed before an illegal (in both US and international law) missile strike on a sovereign country (the 59 missiles killed a dozen civilians and half dozen Syrian soldiers by the way).
There's always one of you, isn't there?
You always lie and say the bad guys are good and the US is evil. Every time force is used, one of you crops up. It's always the same; nearly everything you say is an out and out lie.
Why should we waste time with those who favor Assad? I bet you wanted to be a human shield for Hussein, as well.

Upvote 0

Tull

Aug 13, 2016
Virginia
✟29,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is my business what other people do with my money and when they choose to use it to give it to warmongers and to buy weapons of mass destruction instead of helping the poor, the widows, the sick, and the elderly as Christ commanded then as a Christian I have an obligation to say something - perhaps people can't relate to these teachings of Christ because they don't know Him, but that's their problem. That's why they are infatuated with worshiping and serving mammon.

Then give the scripture which gives government that responsability
As for the Sex Pistols, they're not my thing, but Metallica blows Jethro Tull with their flutes and skirts out of the water. Every Jethro Tull fan I have ever seen is a hugely effeminate man who loves to wear skirts while prancing around to flute music and they always have a purse as well. I mean, Jethro Tull is some genuine Hippie Fruitcake music if ever there was any.

I see, a keyboard commando tough guy, what kind of adult equates band preferences with anything since most people left that behind in high school....i find most Metallica fans to be crude,vulgar, individuals...all the things that every Christian should aim for.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Then give the scripture which gives government that responsability
When the government is "of the people, by the people, and for the people" and the people includes me and other Christians then it is my and our duty to do God's Will through the government. Proverbs 3:6 "In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Pretty clear to me. Either you don't understand it or perhaps your concern isn't doing God's Will "in all thy ways".

I see, a keyboard commando tough guy,
BWWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAA!!!

i find most Metallica fans to be crude,vulgar, individuals...all the things that every Christian should aim for.
Metallica, like Jethro Tull, isn't even real music. It's "rock music". It's junk, all of it. It's all crude and vulgar. Jethro Tull's lyrics are so crude and vulgar and they sing about pedophilia, which Metallica has never done.

For Christians, music is real music - Classical Music. If we're not talking about Classical Music then we're talking about junk, no matter how much you enjoy that junk it's still junk. Hey, I enjoy some junk rock music, I listen to it for fun, but I'm under no delusion that it's "good". It's crap! And then there's levels, and Jethro Tull is at the lowest level, unless someone is an effeminate, skirt-wearing, purse-wearing, flute-dancing fancy-boy and then it's top shelf "music" for such a person.

Upvote 0

Tull

Aug 13, 2016
Virginia
✟29,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For Christians, music is real music - Classical Music. If we're not talking about Classical Music then we're talking about junk, no matter how much you enjoy that junk it's still junk. Hey, I enjoy some junk rock music, I listen to it for fun, but I'm under no delusion that it's "good". It's crap! And then there's levels, and Jethro Tull is at the lowest level, unless someone is an effeminate, skirt-wearing, purse-wearing, flute-dancing fancy-boy and then it's top shelf "music" for such a person.

Any evidence that classical musicians are less sinners than rock musicians ? you show your ignorance of music along with many other things....yeah,this guy looks like a real man.....and we do not have a government of the people,we have a government with an agenda of its own,it is both amoral and atheistic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Any evidence that classical musicians are less sinners than rock musicians ? you show your ignorance of music along with many other things....yeah,this guy looks like a real man.....and we do not have a government of the people,we have a government with an agenda of its own.

Back in that time, that is how a "real man" looked. Jethro Tull chooses to look like that in modern times when only fruitcake fairies look like that. And Jethro Tull's fans obviously LOVE it!!! They can't get enough of it!

As for classical music, most of the composers were Christians, but it doesn't matter - the music is enriching to the soul and uplifts the soul to God. Handel's Messiah is the best music ever created and it is likely inspired by God. You probably have not listened to it and I don't think you could appreciate it with your background but it is easily the best music I have ever heard in my life, and it is a lot of stiff competition from so much other Classical Music from the likes of Handel's other works, Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, Strauss, etc. etc.

And here are some ACTUAL Jethro Tull lyrics - listen how manly they are, LOL!!!
"Hello sun.
Hello bird.
Hello my lady.
Hello breakfast.
May I buy you again tomorrow?
Teeeheeeeheeheeheeheehee!!!"

OK, I added the Teehee part but it might as well be in there, what a fruitcake song!!!! You can just picture Jethro Tull with their little tight-tights, prancing around with flutes and purses, with their girly long hair, getting all excited over Mr. Sun and Mr. Bird!!! LOL what kind of fruits love this "music"???

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I havn't argued about music since I was 15 and I'm not about to start again,its childish and foolish.
You have been for several posts. But I totally understand you wanting to bow out, you've got quite a fruity position to defend in Jethro Tull.

Jethro Tull fans:

hippie-happy-soft-dance-Favim.com-778043.jpg

Upvote 0

Tull

Aug 13, 2016
Virginia
✟29,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You have been for several posts. But I totally understand you wanting to bow out, you've got quite a fruity position to defend in Jethro Tull.

No,you chose to inject music into the topic displaying your ignorance about how I chose my screen name,there is a company near where I work called Tull Steel,they sell structural steel and they don't have long hair or wear dresses,you are typical and cannot comprehend the terms objective and subjective,music is subjective and entirely up to the individual,you being obsessed with yourself project your preferences on to others and ridicule any differences......how Christian.

Upvote 0

Chris1984

Sep 4, 2016
Pittsfield, NH
✟16,825.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Engaged
I don't take it as rude, I appreciate your question. I don't see how I can be a fundamentalist and NOT be politically liberal. Conservatives put money ahead of everything and as a Christian, particularly a fundamentalist, I am commanded by God to serve Him by serving others and putting people ahead of even myself. I am also instructed by God in His Word that I can worship either God OR Mammon, and cannot worship both. Why would I be a Mammon-ist ("Capital-ist", i.e. "Money-ist") and claim to be a Christian? I cannot be both, God's Word says so. I choose to put people over money because in doing so I put God over money.

Okay, I see a lot about money (and if you were truly honest with yourself, you'd admit that liberals love money just as much as anybody else), but how do you feel about abortion, homosexuality, gender fluidity, favoritism towards Islam, enforced secularism, nature worship, condemnation of Israel, legalization of dangerous narcotics, and the idea that we all evolved from slime? Because all of those things define the modern liberal.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Okay, I see a lot about money (and if you were truly honest with yourself, you'd admit that liberals love money just as much as anybody else), but how do you feel about abortion, homosexuality, gender fluidity, favoritism towards Islam, enforced secularism, nature worship, condemnation of Israel, legalization of dangerous narcotics, and the idea that we all evolved from slime? Because all of those things define the modern liberal.
Well I don't see where you see a lot about money since I was actually talking about mammon (which, while inclusive of money, is different). As for all those things you listed, I don't see those as "all...things [which] define the modern liberal".

Do you think Pope Francis, who is a liberal, is in favor of all or even most of those things? If so, think again. Perhaps the most ridiculous is the "favoritism towards Islam" one. Only conservatives can twist "Love your neighbor" into "favoritism towards Islam".

Upvote 0