• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Visits to hell

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by Lybrah, Sep 6, 2020.

Do you believe people who claim they visited hell or heaven?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. I’m not sure

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. Lybrah

Lybrah Active Member

+291
    Christian
    Single
    Many claim that Jesus took them on a trip to hell and heaven to tell us that these places exist. Are they making it up? Why would they do that?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. d taylor

d taylor Well-Known Member

+2,572
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    upload_2020-9-6_15-38-47.png

3. vinsight4u

vinsight4u Contributor

+2,604
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    /nvm

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  4. Lost4words

Lost4words Jesus I Trust In You Supporter

+9,459
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    I wouldnt like to second guess these things to be honest. Maybe sone are true. Who knows?

5. keras

keras Writer of studies on Bible prophecy

+2,103
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    The only verse that says Jesus did descend to hell, as in the Apostles Creed, is 1 Peter 3:19-20.
    This truth destroys the idea that Jesus took the thief on the Cross with Him to heaven, at his death.
    Luke 23:43 Truly I tell you today, you will be with Me in paradise. [corrected punctuation]
    That person and everyone who has ever lived will stand before God in Judgment, after the Millennium. His name will be found in the Book of Life and he will receive immortality. Revelation 20:11-15

6. vinsight4u

vinsight4u Contributor

+2,604
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    /nvm

7. vinsight4u

vinsight4u Contributor

+2,604
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    /nvm

8. vinsight4u

vinsight4u Contributor

+2,604
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    /nvm

9. JSRG

JSRG Active Member

+221
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I will repeat what I said in another topic recently:

10. bèlla

bèlla ❤️ Supporter

+14,767
    United States
    Non-Denom
    In Relationship
    Lybrah,

If I stick my hand in a cup of oil it will be difficult to remove. I can wash them but something remains behind. I’ll have to scrub very hard and get in the nooks and crannies to remove its presence. I may have to do it once more if the scent lingers.

Lies are a lot like that. They’re harder to forget once you digest them. The tidbits that remain influence your thinking in other subjects. Keeping your mind free of deception is a must.

The question isn’t whether the accounts are true but how you benefit from the information.
    • Is your Christian walk strengthened by the disclosures?
    • Have you drawn closer to God?
    • Do you love your neighbor more than before?
    Yours in His Service,

~Bella

11. vinsight4u

vinsight4u Contributor

+2,604
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    /nvm

12. BobRyan

BobRyan Junior Member Supporter

+6,570
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    First of all - NDE is like saying "my computer was crashing while I was running a program to calculate my taxes". Then saying "I got it rebooted and re-installed some faulty system software but I am going to use the results it calculated for my taxes while it was crashing... anyway. instead of having it redo the tax calculations".

hmmm

And there are "other options" as well somewhat related to that.

13. BobRyan

BobRyan Junior Member Supporter

+6,570
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    There is someone who will never get a job flying a plane or at NASA. But the good news is ... you can still ride a plane so that's at least something.

14. imsaneru

imsaneru Member

+64
    Australia
    Christian
    Single
    I have read books written by doctors who talk about NDE'S or near death experience , about people who have died on the operating table and came back to life. The reports all seem to be similar , out of body experience , traveling through a tunnel toward a bright light with some even meeting their dead loved ones , but I can't remember anyone saying that something bad happened to them , like going to hell or whatever.

15. garee

garee Newbie

+89
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Hell is the living sufferings, experiences of the wage of sin of mankind that is subject the the letter of the law death (you shall surely die, in dying the suffering.) . In that way according to Isaiah 53 the Father struck the Son not forsaking the Son of man but empowering him to finish the work of two. .The father being in a greater position to strengthen the Son .Not a greater person . The father and Son are one God, one Spirit , one faith as a work .

On the last day the letter of the law "death along with the sufferings of hell will be cast in the judgment fire of God never to rise and condemn through corruption another entire creation.

Those who do not rise to new born again spirit life .Their temporal spirit subject to the letter of the law returns to the father who gave it temporally and the flesh returns to the clay of the field .

No sufferings after one gives up the spirit. The second death (no breath of life under the sun ).

Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Again death the living sufferings of this world is called hell.