✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, that verse would apply.

And more than two of us have already exposed you.

Anything else?

So if he really isn’t blind then am I not doing the correct thing by showing this ?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,266.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So if he really isn’t blind then am I not doing the correct thing by showing this ?

No, being truthful is not a matter of serendipity. Being truthful means knowing the truth.

If you don't know first-hand that that he has sight, then at best you're spreading gossip.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

It's not unusual for a blind person to walk right up to you as though he can see you. They can sense you by sound, scent--Stevie could sense where that guy was---but he couldn't sense where the piano was. If someone had been playing it, then he probably could follow the sound. I've been around a lot of blind people since I was little--this is not out of the ordinary. We had a blind piano tuner. He and his wife would take the bus to come tune our piano--all they asked for was a meal--and they could eat!! Then he'd sit and play and his wife would sing---she had a beautiful voice.
My friend is married to a blind man. They had to go down to social security with proof that he was blind, They brought all sorts of medical documentation, they said they still needed more---he finally get fed up and said "Is this enough for you?" He took out both his glass eyes and put them on the man's desk! Some people are just hard core doubters.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then by your own definition, at best you're spreading gossip.

They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. Though they know God’s righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.
I don't think it's that harsh, although I think it's harsh because "blind" is a spectrum from partial to full, including "legally".
And him being a public figure and using it to build his rep is fair game for comment.
I just think it's eye opening but not that big of a deal in the bigger picture.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,266.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think it's that harsh, although I think it's harsh because "blind" is a spectrum from partial to full, including "legally".
And him being a public figure and using it to build his rep is fair game for comment.
I just think it's eye opening but not that big of a deal in the bigger picture.

And you think that's been a secret kept for 50 years? In Hollywood. With paparazzi and a voracious media constantly around? Through a bad divorce, breakups with agents, disputes with record companies? For fifty years?

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And you think that's been a secret kept for 50 years? In Hollywood. With paparazzi and a voracious media constantly around? Through a bad divorce, breakups with agents, disputes with record companies? For fifty years?
Yeah.
A more, now less, "open secret".
Plus, you mistake the role of paparazzi & voracious media.
They are not free agents in any sense of the word.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
He is completely blind but with detached retinas after birth, he likely has the "sense" of vision and builds a scene with his hearing. He could find people on stage based on their voice and likely can even outline a silhouette based on the voice and knowing how people are shaped. But if the piano was not being played, it would take his a while to "spot" it based on echoes. Likely he could spot it but it would take him time. Blind people make a "map" of their environment based on sound patterns.

My wife taught a blind man math, and he said he could "visualize" the slopes of the curves with no problem. It made math easy for him becasue he could "see" how math works better than sighted students.

My S.O. is legally blind and we have some completely blind friends. Most of them are very good at navigating their way around.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The video is entertainment, not even intended to show any facts.

As you watch the video, Stevie does not respond to ANY visual input, but instead reacts to both physical and auditory stimulus. He does not see the runner in front of him nor does he turn and watch the runner go past him. But he can hear the microphone being brushed into and feel and hear the runner pass him.
With all due respect...
While I admire your discernment of intent and your charitable assumptions about Stevie, you don't know for a fact that he isn't responding in part to partial visual stimulation, what he does or doesn't see or hear, or that his eyes behind sunglasses didn't follow any of the action.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
With all due respect...
While I admire your discernment of intent and your charitable assumptions about Stevie, you don't know for a fact that he isn't responding in part to partial visual stimulation, what he does or doesn't see or hear, or that his eyes behind sunglasses didn't follow any of the action.

I'm not sure I did this right---there is no way he can see.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
With all due respect...

Actually yes. The runner in the video is far into the potential field of vision of Stevie and SW does not respond until after the runner passes by when he and the mike stand are bumped. Nor does SW look left as the runner passes as anyone sighted would.
I have not suggested that SW is completely blind, but there is no evidence that he is partially sighted.

Upvote 0